MA MA - Debra Cressotti, 29, Blandford, 30 April 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am new to this site and I suppose I could be missing something, but I am wondering about this last post. Kimberlyn50: Is anyoone still looking for Debbie? Do you know what happened to her?
Why isn't there any more discussion?
She is still missing.

I'm not speculating... I'm her second cousin. My mom is her 1st cousin. One of the pictures above was cropped from a photo of her, my mom, and dad.

If your mother is her first cousin, you would be her "first cousin, once removed".

the reason I phrased it the way I did was that we are dealing with 2 jurisdictions, CT where it looks like she lived and where the car was found at the airport, and MA where the report came in from. it looks like this Debra's family was all in CT and she had a different last name. so between the 2 states and 2 different last names I don't think anyone connected the dots.
Her maiden name was Balcom. She lived in MA. Her truck was found at the closest major airport that happens to be a little over the state line in CT. It's called Bradley International.

I don't see the link but I'll look for it.
I see the link, IDK, I might... but being that I was so young when she disappeared I don't know much more than what I've already posted throughout this board. Her Brothers are John and Jimmy Gorski BTW. They'd know much more about their day to day life back then. I wanted to also mention that her mother Lillian had contacted Unsolved Mysteries and told everyone they were planning to air an episode about Debbie. Not long after she said, after investing some, that they decided not to investigate any more and I'm pretty sure she had said they declined to tell her why. I could see if my mother knows / remembers more details. She only had one child. Nicolas Cressotti... no daughters.

There has to be a basis to the original MP report from years ago. Can we get access to this? Specifically the person who reported her missing?

SOMEONE had to have filed it because of a connection to Debra. Where is any shred of that connection? Is there no family? No grieving boyfriend? No mystified coworkers? No daughter keeping a webpage in hope?

So I have to ask....throw the question out as bait, almost. Why are we trying to find someone that may not be missed? and better yet....may not be missing!

There are a lot of Deb, D, Debra Cressottis on FB.
I'm pretty sure Ben Cressotti reported her as missing when he found her truck at the airport and had it towed away. She didn't have any coworkers per se as she was self-employed raising dogs and horses. Her son was very young when she disappeared and there wasn't any Internet, as we know it today, until many years later with no leads.

Last edited:
It's only 30 miles from the town she lived in to that airport, and as far as I know it's the closest big airport. It just happens to cross a state line.
Correct! Bradley International is in CT and the only major airport in the area. She lived in Blandford MA.

That's not the same Deborah. Her name was really Deborah Balcom. I don't think her and Benjamin Cressotti ever actually married but she did use his last name. Probably more for business purposes as they had a business raising dogs and boarding horses. There is however another Deborah Balcom but it's not her. The other Deborah has the same name because she married the missing Deborah's cousin. I have no idea who the one you're talking about is. I too never stopped wanting to find out what happened and I'd still like to. I can try to help to the best of my ability but I was probably about 11 when she disappeared. My mother is her first cousin.
I'm actually not sure if she spelled her name Debora or Deborah BTW.

I see the link, IDK, I might... but being that I was so young when she disappeared I don't know much more than what I've already posted throughout this board. Her Brothers are John and Jimmy Gorski BTW (half-brothers). They'd know much more about their day to day life back then. They worked for them at Royal-Cress farms. I wanted to also mention that her mother Lillian had contacted Unsolved Mysteries and told everyone they were planning to air an episode about Debbie. Not long after she said, after investigating some, that they (UM) decided not to investigate any further and I'm pretty sure she had said they declined to tell her why. I could see if my mother knows / remembers more details. She only had one child. Nicolas Cressotti... no daughters.

OK - back to the drawing board. I checked the high school yearbooks for schools in the vicinity of Blandford MA. I found the 1974 yearbook for Westfield HS in Westfield MA. There is no Debra Cressotti, but there is a senior photo for a female L.I. Cressotti who is the same age. Also, in the 1972 book, there is a senior photo for a male K.F. Cressotti. Perhaps Cressotti is her surname by marriage.

I also looked through the Class of 1974 for a Debra, Deborah, or Debbie. Couldn't find anyone who looked like a younger version of Debra Cressotti.

The 1973 book is not available in Classmates.
Debbie Balcom (Cressotti) went to high school in Athol Massachusetts. Not Blandford. I hope this helps...

this is what I think happened here and feel free to express your opinions people. given the unusual name, we are probably talking about the same person.

Debra was visiting someone in MA. (I won't elaborate on who that someone might be). she leaves his dwelling in a huff using his car. he reports Debra and the vehicle missing to his local police providing only the most basic info he knows on Debra, i.e. the last name she gave him (which was not her married name), the age he thought she was or she said she was, etc.

they find the car in CT and the person who made the report is done with it and he had no further interest in Debra's whereabouts. She and her family in CT had no idea there ever was a MP report made as Cressotti had not been her last name for about 2 years before the MP report was filed.

the downsides of this is how did the MA police get her pics? how would the person making te report know about the fractured hip from a horseback riding accident?
I think her mother Lillian supplied the hoodie pic and her cousin Paula supplied the other pic and either could have supplied the hip info. Her family was working with police. Also, she was from MA, not CT, the only connection to CT is that it's where her truck was found. That's the location of the closest major airport. IDK why she liked that truck... it was brown BTW if I remember correctly. I suspect she was planning on leaving Ben. They had a really nice newer truck at the time...
I don't know if it got posted when I said that she had left Ben previously and was involved with a man named Don. Then had gotten back together with Ben. I remember Don's last name sounded like Langloys. Not sure how it's spelled but it wasn't that long after that that she dissemination. IDK if she had that truck before or after that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn
Back