MA MA - Debra Cressotti, 29, Blandford, 30 April 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think her mother Lillian supplied the hoodie pic and her cousin Paula supplied the other pic (the woman in the background) and either could have supplied the hip info. Her family was working with police. Also, she was from MA, not CT, the only connection to CT is that it's where her truck was found. That's the location of the closest major airport. IDK why she liked that truck... it was brown BTW if I remember correctly. There wasn't anything particularly nice about it either. I was puzzled to why she would have bought it. I suspect she was planning on leaving Ben. They had a really nice newer truck...
I don't know if it got posted when I said that she had left Ben previously and was involved with a man named Don. Then had gotten back together with Ben. I remember Don's last name sounded like Langloys. Not sure how it's spelled (probably Langlois) it wasn't that long after that that she disappeared. IDK if she had that truck before or after Don.

Last edited:
You really should get verified as family. It doesn't matter how old you were when she disappeared or how much info you have. If you have info no one else can search it helps with credibility. It is sad to say but I would imagine there are times on here people pretend to be who they aren't, so it helps. I don't know if I am in the minority or not, but I am skeptical of info given by people who say they are friends or family unless they are verified. Just a suggestion. :)

You really should get verified as family. It doesn't matter how old you were when she disappeared or how much info you have. If you have info no one else can search it helps with credibility. It is sad to say but I would imagine there are times on here people pretend to be who they aren't, so it helps. I don't know if I am in the minority or not, but I am skeptical of info given by people who say they are friends or family unless they are verified. Just a suggestion. :)
I'll give it serious consideration but a lot of what I've said should speak for itself, but you are right, there's all kinds out there.

I'll give it serious consideration but a lot of what I've said should speak for itself, but you are right, there's all kinds out there.
There definitely are for sure. I hope you do :) You would add some useful information to this case. I was totally confused like most everyone else because of the other Deb Cressotti. So it is useful to know there are/were 2 in the same general areas. Your insight and info is valuable no matter, and I really hope you decide to verify. :)

There definitely are for sure. I hope you do :) You would add some useful information to this case. I was totally confused like most everyone else because of the other Deb Cressotti. So it is useful to know there are/were 2 in the same general areas. Your insight and info is valuable no matter, and I really hope you decide to verify. :)
There isn't another Debbie Cressotti. There are 2 Debbie Balcoms. Her last name was Balcom. Think about it... if her "husband's" last name was Cressotti... that's not her maiden name. The woman who disappeared was born as Debbie Balcom in Athol MA. I don't think they ever actually married but she took Ben Cressotti's last name anyway. The other Debbie Balcom is in Springfield MA married to Debbie Balcom-Cressotti's cousin Robert.

There isn't another Debbie Cressotti. There are 2 Debbie Balcoms. Her last name was Balcom. Think about it... if her "husband's" last name was Cressotti... that's not her maiden name. The woman who disappeared was born as Debbie Balcom in Athol MA. I don't think they ever actually married but she took Ben Cressotti's last name anyway. The other Debbie Balcom is in Springfield MA married to Debbie Balcom-Cressotti's cousin Robert.
When you do a genealogy search there is another Debra Cressotti who was in NY and is now in NJ and another one in CT, so that is where there was some confusion came from for my searches anyways. I never knew the Balcom name associated with her.

When you do a genealogy search there is another Debra Cressotti who was in NY and is now in NJ and another one in CT, so that is where there was some confusion came from for my searches anyways. I never knew the Balcom name associated with her.
I mean within this subject's family. I'm going to have to get verified, but yes, Cressotti was her Son's father's last name. Benjamin Cressotti.

Benjamin Cressotti Obituary (1935 - 2018) - Southwick, MA - The Republican

Last edited:
I was just trying to explain how there was confusion. We don't have the inside knowledge you do. We do what we can with the info available. Meaning searching social media, genealogy sites, news articles, available court documents, NamUs, DoeNetwork, etc...When a verified insider comes and gives more specific information it helps. Is all I was trying to relay in my message. I apologize for creating confusion for you. I must not have explained it clearly.

I was just trying to explain how there was confusion. We don't have the inside knowledge you do. We do what we can with the info available. Meaning searching social media, genealogy sites, news articles, available court documents, NamUs, DoeNetwork, etc...When a verified insider comes and gives more specific information it helps. Is all I was trying to relay in my message. I apologize for creating confusion for you. I must not have explained it clearly.

Her family has been looking for her and would love to think she is alive and doing well...but unfortunately we don't think that that is the case. Mass State Police are collecting DNA from family.
I think l remember something about this. I believe the police did collect DNA and rule this Ponchartrain person out. Although, reading it, she does sound eerily similar.

I submitted a verification request last night.

Waiting on that...

OK - back to the drawing board. I checked the high school yearbooks for schools in the vicinity of Blandford MA. I found the 1974 yearbook for Westfield HS in Westfield MA. There is no Debra Cressotti, but there is a senior photo for a female L.I. Cressotti who is the same age. Also, in the 1972 book, there is a senior photo for a male K.F. Cressotti. Perhaps Cressotti is her surname by marriage.

I also looked through the Class of 1974 for a Debra, Deborah, or Debbie. Couldn't find anyone who looked like a younger version of Debra Cressotti.

The 1973 book is not available in Classmates.
Try looking for Debra Balcom in Athol MA.

OK - back to the drawing board. I checked the high school yearbooks for schools in the vicinity of Blandford MA. I found the 1974 yearbook for Westfield HS in Westfield MA. There is no Debra Cressotti, but there is a senior photo for a female L.I. Cressotti who is the same age. Also, in the 1972 book, there is a senior photo for a male K.F. Cressotti. Perhaps Cressotti is her surname by marriage.

I also looked through the Class of 1974 for a Debra, Deborah, or Debbie. Couldn't find anyone who looked like a younger version of Debra Cressotti.

The 1973 book is not available in Classmates.
Check Athol Massachusetts for Dedora Balcom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt
Back