MA MA - Debra Marie ‘Debbie’ Melo, 30, Weymouth, 20 Jun 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/source-taunton-search-connected-to-17-year-old-cold-case/597826923
attachment.php

Neighbors say the sudden search caught them off guard when it began around 8 a.m. Thursday, and continued until about 6:30 p.m. at the home on Bryan Drive.

MORE: Taunton dig connected to search for woman missing since 2000

Sky25 was overhead as investigators dug up a portion of the home’s front yard, and neighbors said a crew was on hand to remove a large rock and tree around the area where police were searching.

“The dog actually went to that big rock and was around that big rock and was digging gin a couple of spaces,” neighbor Sally Myatt said. “The cops came and started digging a little more.”

Debbie’s husband, Luis Melo, told police he let her out of a car during a fight while on Route 18 in Weymouth.
She hasn’t been seen since.

Luis Melo waited an entire day before reporting her missing to police

Attachments

• Debbie_Melo_1503627349372_8950656_ver1.0_190_100.jpg
    Debbie_Melo_1503627349372_8950656_ver1.0_190_100.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 84
Maybe we've all been misled . Maybe the whole story about her getting out is a lie. The one truth is she went to a Drs. Appt. With him and she's missing. I always felt they should have found something at the house or in the yard. Maybe he killed her (accidentally) or not and left her. Came back and planted her in the yard. That's why police found nothing initially. Why else would he stay in a house that was they're home together with another woman? Unless he had to.

I remember this case and I wonder what prompted LE to dig up that yard in Taunton? Personally I always thought the husband had something to do with it.

I'm watching Cold Justice and I'm wondering was it capable at the time
to get phone records of louie and the girlfriends conversations. Was there even text back then? Or pings as they call it on towers to locations?

does anyone know where Luis is these days?
Someone has to know something.....
Welcome to ws Panda sleuth!
Speculating that if L is as abusive to the next wife as he is alleged to have been with DM, then it will be a matter of time before that person opens up about whatever they might know.... Speculation, imo.

Debra Marie Melo – The Charley Project
Debra Marie Melo

• debra_marie_melo_1.jpg
  • melo_debra2.jpg
  • debra_marie_melo_3.jpg
  • melo_debra4.jpg
  • melo_debra5.jpg
Debra, circa 2000
  • 5'3, 114 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white shirt, a blue sundress with white flowers, a diamond ring, and a ring with the name "Debra" on her index finger.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Debra has a rose with the name "Louie" tattooed on her right shoulder. Her nickname is Debbie. Some agencies spell Debra's name "Deborah."

"Luis failed a lie detector test about Debra's disappearance. Police have not called him a suspect in Debra's case, but they have publicly wondered why he does not take a more active role in looking for her. Luis has not participated in any searches for Debra. Investigators state that his behavior and attitude is not consistent with that of a grieving husband.

He has not been charged in connection with her case, however, and police could not find any evidence as to her fate in his car. Luis maintains his innocence in Debra's disappearance and stated he believed she was still alive. He was later convicted of assaulting his girlfriend and sentenced to probation. He has since remarried."
rbbm.

Police cannot name Luis a suspect publicly without some evidence but they believe he is responsible for Debra's disappearance. I don't think Luis is a criminal mastermind. It's difficult to believe he hasn't said something alluding to it or threatening someone with the same fate as Debra. I hope as years go by that someone will have the courage to speak to law enforcement about what happened to Debra.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back