Found Deceased MA - Harry, 3, gone from home, Lowell, 14 Jun 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUN 14, 2022
Police officers will continue to conduct neighborhood patrols ...

[...]

"We suspect nothing more than a missing or lost child, and the child just walked away," said Lowell Police Chief Barry Golner, adding, "There is nothing to indicate any foul play."

[...]

"He's active. He likes going outside. When he's at home, he goes to the yard and plays. He's a healthy kid but he can't speak. He's trying to learn how to speak but he can't talk," the boy's father said by phone.

It worries me that 180 +\- firemen and police have been searching for 12 hours and found nothing. How far could a 3-year old get? It makes me worry about abduction. I wonder how he generally does with strangers - trusting and curious or hiding and afraid? I would have LE get a recording of his parent's voices - maybe it would draw him out if he's hiding.

It worries me that 180 +\- firemen and police have been searching for 12 hours and found nothing. How far could a 3-year old get? It makes me worry about abduction. I wonder how he generally does with strangers - trusting and curious or hiding and afraid? I would have LE get a recording of his parent's voices - maybe it would draw him out if he's hiding.
With this situation I don't feel abduction. We have a curious child who may not speak but can move, water near by makes me very upset. Praying he is hiding. IMO

Was he outside by himself?

Why is Harry nonverbal? Is it because of autism or something else? Two of my kids have autism and it definitely makes a difference in the search.

If Harry does have autism (and even if he doesn’t) there’s no way he should be outside alone for even a second. But I’m hoping the babysitter was outside and ran in the house for something and then couldn’t find him.

Or maybe Harry got out of the house by himself and the babysitter couldn’t find him. Maybe she/he was going to the bathroom. It happens in an instant. When my daughter was young, we had extra locks on the outside doors so she couldn’t escape. I woke up one day to my daughter (who has autism and was probably 4 at the time) putting on her shoes thinking she had been left home alone. She was ready to go out the door. I don’t want to think what might have happened.

I really hope and pray they find Harry safe. I feel he is hiding. He may have ran in the beginning so I don’t know how close to search. I remember recently a little boy made it about 5 miles (found safe I think the next day).

Police were on ATVs, bicycles and horseback; they were also using K-9s and drones to find Harry.

"There's an enormous amount of assets that have been amassed to help look for and find this child, and we're going to continue those efforts until we do find the child," he said.

"As residents come home from work…take a look very, very thoroughly through your vehicles that may have been there, through your sheds, through your window wells, through your houses," said Sudbury Police Chief Scott Nix, who was helping to lead the search.

He described the boy's family as concerned.

Lowell residents in the area were notified via reverse 911 to share any information they may have about where Harry is.

"God forbid, if he crossed the street and went straight down the hill, that’s the Merrimack River right there," Colleen James said. "There are so many awful scenarios that are going through my mind, especially being a mom."

Matt Ray said, "I can’t imagine a 3-year-old making it through those woods too far, so hopefully, if he is out there, he is not far and they can find him. But it’s scary because you don’t want him to be hurt or just even alone in the woods."

Aerial footage showed an array of first responders assembled in Lowell, with dozens of sheriff's officials lined up appearing to receive instructions, police vehicles collected near a home and a fire rescue vehicle near a pond.

Last edited:
JUN 15, 2022
[...]

The extensive search resumed at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, followed by an update from officials. Carlisle Police Chief John Fisher said they were expanding the breadth of the search Wednesday, which had remained within about a one-mile radius of the home the day prior.

"A 3-year-old of average mobility, fortunately or unfortunately, can get pretty far. So today we're going out even further than we might yesterday," Carlisle Police Chief John Fisher said Wednesday.

[...]

About 180 members of law enforcement and fire departments were involved in the search Tuesday, checking around homes in Lowell's Pawtucketville neighborhood and in nearby woods, as well as in bodies of water. Police were on ATVs, bicycles and horseback; they were also using K-9s and drones to find Harry. Numerous pools were drained overnight, officials said Wednesday.

Investigators are using thermal imaging "at many levels," Fisher said Wednesday, from aerial views through State Police helicopters and drones to the local fire department's ground-based thermal imaging.

[...]

Surveillance video showed that the babysitter immediately started to look for him, enlisted the help of neighbors and called police "really quickly," officials said.

[...]

RAW VIDEO: Police Give Update on Search for Missing Boy, 3​

The boy, who police have only identified as Harry K. from Lowell, went missing from his babysitter's house on Freda Lane in the Pawtucketville section of the city Tuesday.

Investigators said the boy was dropped off at the home in the morning. A neighbor saw him playing in the yard around 9:15 a.m. About 15 minutes later, the babysitter called 911 to report Harry was missing.

"We have a very narrow window of when he went missing," Carlisle Police Chief John Fisher told reporters Wednesday morning. Fisher said this was Harry's fifth visit with the babysitter and that it appears he walked out the door on his own. The babysitter was also watching one other child at the time, Fisher said.

Two different police dogs picked up Harry's scent, both heading in the same direction towards the woods behind the house. Harry was last seen wearing a long-sleeve maroon shirt and gray pants with a white stripe on them.
The boy, who police have only identified as Harry K. from Lowell, went missing from his babysitter's house on Freda Lane in the Pawtucketville section of the city Tuesday.

Investigators said the boy was dropped off at the home in the morning. A neighbor saw him playing in the yard around 9:15 a.m. About 15 minutes later, the babysitter called 911 to report Harry was missing.

"We have a very narrow window of when he went missing," Carlisle Police Chief John Fisher told reporters Wednesday morning. Fisher said this was Harry's fifth visit with the babysitter and that it appears he walked out the door on his own. The babysitter was also watching one other child at the time, Fisher said.

Two different police dogs picked up Harry's scent, both heading in the same direction towards the woods behind the house. Harry was last seen wearing a long-sleeve maroon shirt and gray pants with a white stripe on them.

JUN 15, 2022
[...]

Two different police dogs picked up Harry's scent, both heading in the same direction towards the woods behind the house.

[...]

... People who live in the neighborhood were asked to check their surveillance video, doorbell cameras, property and cars.

"We don't have him on video," Fisher said Wednesday, noting that the boy's size might not set off a doorbell camera. "We have the footage, we don't have him on it."

[...]

“It is a big area. It’s got everything. It’s got water, mud, swamps, residential neighborhoods,” said Carlisle Police Chief John Fisher, the control chief for a local coalition of police departments assisting in the search. “It doesn’t matter what the geography is ... We have every asset we need to check every square inch of that area and will continue to go out.”

On Tuesday, Fisher said two police dogs independently picked up the same track, which police will continue to follow Wednesday. The track that both dogs found went into the woods, he said. The area sits next to the Lowell-Dracut-Tyngsborough State Forest.

Around 200 people were involved in the search Tuesday, Fisher said, as he discouraged well-meaning local residents from entering the woods alongside police to search.

“They’re trained to do it,” he said. “The community has provided excellent support for water, food, basic needs. I’m very happy with the performance of our members, but I’ll be happier when we locate our friend.”

Describing the search of the woods, Fisher added: “We’ve found wells, holes, rocks to crawl under. It takes a lot of time but we thankfully have the people to do it.”

“Neighbors were searching and re-searching their own yards,” Fisher said. “That’s the best use. Go into your own property or if you feel comfortable behind your house. Search those areas. We can do a more thorough search if others aren’t out there.”

He said the police had drained multiple residential pools and would continue to do so in search of the boy.

The missing boy has no known medical needs. This was his fifth time at the babysitter’s house, and there was another child at the house yesterday, according to police. It is believed that Harry walked out of the house into the backyard on his own. He was not spotted by anyone else besides the neighbor at 9:15 a.m. Tuesday.

In addressing a rumor that the child may be nonverbal, Fisher said he believes Harry behaves as a typical young child would, explaining that “sometimes he speaks, sometimes he doesn’t.”

Police do not plan on issuing an Amber Alert, as they feel there is no reason to treat Harry’s disappearance as a crime, Fisher said. He added that the babysitter “called the police really quickly” and that “everybody did the right thing.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955
Back