Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Massachusetts lists JF's RSO conviction as rape and abuse of child when he wasn't even charged, nor has he ever been convicted of rape. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears his RSO status resulted from a carnal knowledge conviction in Virginia. The conviction on 8/26/97 stemmed from an offense on 01/26/97. In January of '97, six months after his 18th birthday, he had sex with a teen aged 13 to 15 - without force. It appears it may have been a class 6 felony, indicating the younger teenager consented. He was 3-5 years older than the other teen and he received a suspended sentence.

I bring this up because there seems to be a lot of focus on his RSO status, which fwiw, doesn't seem to really indicate a violent offender. I was hoping someone in MA could explain why he received the status he did when moving there. Of course,being the last known person around Jaimee, along with a few other things, does bring about concern. I think this has more to do with drugs, ODing and/or being high more than anything else.

According to his mom, the 13 year old was his girlfriends sister. He has eight retraining orders against him. The report below mentions the women he abused and who fear him. http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig...an-possibly-connected-to-missing-mom/29708868

"Court records show Fleury was charged in 2002 with indecent assault and battery. The alleged victim told doctors she was "raped at knifepoint."

One woman sought help from the courts in 2006 saying she was "in fear of my life" because Fleury was 'threatening to throw acid in my face."

That same year another woman said he "attacked me from behind."

I think that's what the RSO would like people to believe, but she made two calls an hour apart expressing fear, with her last call she wanted to be picked up. I don't see her ODing while she's making calls to get away. LE knows who those calls were to and so does the family. People ODing don't leave scratch marks either on the last person they were with, fresh ones, her sister saw that very night, when they started looking for her at his house.

According to his mom, the 13 year old was is girlfriends sister. He has eight retraining orders against him. The report below mentions the women he abused and who fear him. http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-search-for-missing-swampscott-woman/29630600.

Above BBM, and referring to it, is that part in the link? Maybe my eyes are failing me, but I don't see it and I'd really like to know where it states the younger teen was 13.

The restraining orders are part of what I meant by other things that bring about concern.

I think that's what the RSO would like people to believe, but she made two calls an hour apart expressing fear, with her last call she wanted to be picked up. I don't see her ODing while she's making calls to get away.

Knowing more about those calls would really help. Was there a sense of fear, paranoia, anxiety, did she seem alert or impaired, or did she seem laid back, but just wanted to get away from the guy who's now high as a kite and acting very "out there"? I wish there was more concrete info out there about those calls.

According to his mom, the 13 year old was his girlfriends sister. He has eight retraining orders against him. The report below mentions the women he abused and who fear him. http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig...an-possibly-connected-to-missing-mom/29708868

"Court records show Fleury was charged in 2002 with indecent assault and battery. The alleged victim told doctors she was "raped at knifepoint."

One woman sought help from the courts in 2006 saying she was "in fear of my life" because Fleury was 'threatening to throw acid in my face."

That same year another woman said he "attacked me from behind."

I think that's what the RSO would like people to believe, but she made two calls an hour apart expressing fear, with her last call she wanted to be picked up. I don't see her ODing while she's making calls to get away. LE knows who those calls were to and so does the family. People ODing don't leave scratch marks either on the last person they were with, fresh ones, her sister saw that very night, when they started looking for her at his house.

Agree, FindHG, this guy is no picnic. I would never want to be alone with him. His mugshot is scary.

These are the people you choose to disbelieve, for those who question the Mendez family knowledge of who Jaimee Mendez was with before she disappeared.
View attachment 63610View attachment 63613

And these are two you choose to believe.
View attachment 63612View attachment 63614

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig...an-possibly-connected-to-missing-mom/29708868

Please be careful before you turn a missing mother into a drug dealer based on nothing more that the word of a man who has history of abusing women, raping children and much more. This is a family friendly site meant to generate discussion to help find the missing, not to defend criminals and cast doubt on their victims and their families, and with a lack of compassion to dehumanize them.

[modsnip]

Solving crimes looks at the facts. It digs through all the emotions and looks at what the clues are. Not all creeps look bad and not all good people wear nice clothes.

Regardless, even if drugs are involved, a boy is missing his momma and a family is missing their loved one. We can't ignore the information that is in front of us from him any more than we can the family. IMHO.

Above BBM, and referring to it, is that part in the link? Maybe my eyes are failing me, but I don't see it and I'd really like to know where it states the younger teen was 13.

The restraining orders are part of what I meant by other things that bring about concern.

Knowing more about those calls would really help. Was there a sense of fear, paranoia, anxiety, did she seem alert or impaired, or did she seem laid back, but just wanted to get away from the guy who's now high as a kite and acting very "out there"? I wish there was more concrete info out there about those calls.

post #145 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?261926-MA-Jaimee-Mendez-25-Swampscott-6-November-2014&p=11192274#post11192274
was linked to an exclusive report by Ted Daniels with the RSO's mother speaking on the phone saying that the charge stemmed with his having sex with the 13 yr old sister of his girl friend when he was 18 and living in Virginia. That link now goes to another report, and the text is not the same though it refers to other things the mom said. It has been taken off. It may be that he has a lawyer who sent a shot across the stations bough to have it taken off, perhaps? It was said by his mother through a phone recorded interview. I even remember her voice distinctly. I didn't think of this before but it is interesting that she uses the words "he's clean" to mean not involved. Maybe he knows how to clean up really well, like his van, cleaning it, like himself going to his girlfriends at around 10 pm. Maybe clean means to him when he may tell his mom 'i'm clean' in his mind is he has cleaned his tracks, any evidence and such. His own wording is interesting as well in the notorious "Items" where he calls Jaimie Mendez "little mother" which is diminutive of her, dominant of him. Isn't rape all about control?

Here you can hear her sister speak of the last phone call.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-been-found/O5PyUIMysgd3PEcdZ8vvJJ/story.html

"...saying the last time her missing sister was heard from, she was pleading to be picked up from the home of a convicted sex offender."

These are the people you choose to disbelieve, for those who question the Mendez family knowledge of who Jaimee Mendez was with before she disappeared.
View attachment 63610View attachment 63613

And these are two you choose to believe.
View attachment 63612View attachment 63614

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig...an-possibly-connected-to-missing-mom/29708868

Please be careful before you turn a missing mother into a drug dealer based on nothing more that the word of a man who has history of abusing women, raping children and much more. This is a family friendly site meant to generate discussion to help find the missing, not to defend criminals and cast doubt on their victims and their families, and with a lack of compassion to dehumanize them.

Just because some of us are suggesting alternative possibilities to what might have happened does not mean we believe or disbelieve anyone. It's dangerous to jump to conclusions just because someone has history that has nothing to do with this case. Could be a complete smoke screen. There are no definites in this matter, other than the fact that some people do not know where Jaimee is.

So I finally did see where Jaimee's sister relayed to either LE or the media, I'm not clear which, that she was told:

"She said her sister called a female friend at 6:40 p.m. Thursday and told them she was with the sex offender and that he was making her nervous. An hour later, Jaimee called a male friend and told him she was at the sex offender’s home and that he continued to make her nervous. Alyssa Mendez said the male friend drove to the home, but Jaimee Mendez wasn’t there."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...-been-found/AiEI5xh2DPeGW5Vo2InBFO/story.html

I've read SO many other accounts of who was called, what time they were called, where they actually went to pick her up, etc. that it's really hard to know what to believe. Not to mention, Jaimee's sister didn't actually talk to Jaimee at all, it was a female friend and then a male friend, according to the sister.

I don't know, this is SO messed up, no matter how you look at it. I'm beginning to re-think JF's involvement in this, but I honestly think many involved know a lot more than they're admitting, for whatever reasons.

And yet... JF is still walking around free. Guaranteed LE know more about any of this than any of us do, and they haven't arrested him. WHY?

Another day and it's unusually quiet in MSM, the families and the Find Jaimee FB page. No organized searches going on and nothing from LE.

I would love to know the conversations that went on in the three interviews between LE and JF that allows him to remain free. Are LE just watching him in hopes that he will need his fix and arrest him for drugs to at least hold him?

As I've mentioned before, I have to believe that LE knows a lot and are working feverishly behind the scenes. IMO the family knows the angles LE is working and that is keeping them quiet for now as well. I only say this because the family has been very vocal about the search and their feelings up until this point.

Hate to sound like a broken record but I really think that the other missing woman (Stephanie) holds a lot of information that could break this case and bring Jaimee home. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part...

Praying today is the day to bring Jaimee home!

In the case of Jill Meagher who was raped and murdered in Australia in October 2012, they knew who he the abductor was and were spying on him seeing what he would do, he was a registered sex offender, they monitored his every move and somehow he slipped up. They then arrested him, and when they arrested him he then admitted everything and led them to her shallow grave. I truly hope that is not the case here but my point is LE may be monitoring him and waiting for him to slip up.

So I finally did see where Jaimee's sister relayed to either LE or the media, I'm not clear which, that she was told:

"She said her sister called a female friend at 6:40 p.m. Thursday and told them she was with the sex offender and that he was making her nervous. An hour later, Jaimee called a male friend and told him she was at the sex offender’s home and that he continued to make her nervous. Alyssa Mendez said the male friend drove to the home, but Jaimee Mendez wasn’t there."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...-been-found/AiEI5xh2DPeGW5Vo2InBFO/story.html

I've read SO many other accounts of who was called, what time they were called, where they actually went to pick her up, etc. that it's really hard to know what to believe. Not to mention, Jaimee's sister didn't actually talk to Jaimee at all, it was a female friend and then a male friend, according to the sister.

I don't know, this is SO messed up, no matter how you look at it. I'm beginning to re-think JF's involvement in this, but I honestly think many involved know a lot more than they're admitting, for whatever reasons.

And yet... JF is still walking around free. Guaranteed LE know more about any of this than any of us do, and they haven't arrested him. WHY?

I completely agree. So many different accounts so it's hard to know what is true and what is just bad reporting/assumptions. The media gets things wrong too folks.

As for not arresting him, I'm not sure what they could arrest him for. Ya know? Until they find her body (dead or alive) there's really no crime to link him to. Her belongings could have been disposed of by her for all we know. Extremely unlikely, but not impossible. Crazier stuff has happened before.

Another day and it's unusually quiet in MSM, the families and the Find Jaimee FB page. No organized searches going on and nothing from LE.

I would love to know the conversations that went on in the three interviews between LE and JF that allows him to remain free. Are LE just watching him in hopes that he will need his fix and arrest him for drugs to at least hold him?

As I've mentioned before, I have to believe that LE knows a lot and are working feverishly behind the scenes. IMO the family knows the angles LE is working and that is keeping them quiet for now as well. I only say this because the family has been very vocal about the search and their feelings up until this point.

Hate to sound like a broken record but I really think that the other missing woman (Stephanie) holds a lot of information that could break this case and bring Jaimee home. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part...

Praying today is the day to bring Jaimee home!

I agree, SDH. Stephanie holds key info...how she says she doesn't remember anything is odd...I've got the Lynn/Swampcott/MA State Police all on my scanner (Lord that makes me sound pathetic LOL) & will keep an ear out.

You're right Elizabella, if they had something I'm sure he would be in custody. Either they are waiting for more concrete evidence, watching him or all of the above. Not to mention, there technically is no crime at the moment. She's a missing person until something more is determined.

I pray that the following speculation is wrong, and that Jaimee Mendez is found alive and can rejoin her family. The fact that all they have found of her are her shoes, her phone, and other items and that she just vanished, sometime between her call to a friend to be picked up and him getting there, is devastating. I would not wish to add to their pain in any way and my heart goes out to them.

Words reflect our thoughts, the ones we choose to use, how we use them, and under what circumstances. Rereading his mom's comments about how "he's clean" reminded me of how he cleaned his van, maybe even himself when as he states in the interview in the "Item" he went back to his girlfriend's around 10 pm.

The middle picture in this link, https://www.facebook.com/missingcases/photos/a.284661678220840.69801.212865135400495/980526021967732/?type=1&theater
in the one that says "Convicted Child Rapist," on top of it, he's sitting in what may be a garage. There's a plastic sheet hanging behind him. Maybe it's possible that his mom used the words "he's clean" because that's what he told her, not implying that she knows anything or he admitted anything, but that's what he is, all cleaned up after the fact. He also threatened a woman who had to take a restraining order out against him with throwing acid in her face, besides the one from another woman who said she was raped at knife point, or the one he assaulted from the back. Anyway, he may known something about chemicals and their effects on bodies. After all, why would anyone have acid around to threaten with? If he brought Jaimee Mendez to harm, then he may have had to 'clean' out all evidence of the fact.

Chemicals expedite decomposition of bodies and wipe away evidence. Burying a body at sea or in water is done by wrapping it and weighing it down. Plastic sheeting may have been what he may have used if he may have done that. It seems to me, he had knowledge and easy access to either or both methods to be "clean" of this. If it hadn't been for the Mendez family going to his house that same night she vanished and seeing the scratches on his face and hands, seeing his van get cleaned out from one day to the next, then finding the carpeting from the van and her shoes, that he would have appeared completely "clean" of this and LE would have no cause to search his garage and his vans. But he seems confident about being able to get away with this, if he has brought Jaimee Mendez to harm, as he managed to have other charges dismissed. How does somebody get away with all he has without knowing how to clean up and be convincing, eight restraining orders, assault charges and more?

Below the pertinent sources:
http://www.itemlive.com/news/item-exclusive-sex-offender-denies-involvement-in-case-of-missing/article_22422f0e-6b8a-11e4-ab28-139fce571f81.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...scott-6-November-2014&p=11192274#post11192274
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...scott-6-November-2014&p=11206919#post11206919

I completely agree. So many different accounts so it's hard to know what is true and what is just bad reporting/assumptions. The media gets things wrong too folks.

As for not arresting him, I'm not sure what they could arrest him for. Ya know? Until they find her body (dead or alive) there's really no crime to link him to. Her belongings could have been disposed of by her for all we know. Extremely unlikely, but not impossible. Crazier stuff has happened before.

BBM

Actually I have followed quite a few threads here where arrests have been made prior to finding the body. Most of those arrests were made on circumstantial evidence and the arrests were typically made on lesser charges somehow related to the POI. IMO

Words reflect our thoughts, the ones we choose to use, how we use them, and under what circumstances. Rereading his mom's comments about how "he's clean" reminded me of how he cleaned his van, maybe even himself when as he states in the interview in the "Item" he went back to his girlfriend's around 10 pm.

The middle picture in this link, https://www.facebook.com/missingcases/photos/a.284661678220840.69801.212865135400495/980526021967732/?type=1&theater
in the one that says "Convicted Child Rapist," on top of it, he's sitting in what may be a garage. There's plastic sheet hanging behind him. Maybe it's possible that his mom used the words "he's clean" because that's what he told her, not implying that she knows anything or he admitted anything, but that's what he is, all cleaned up after the fact. He also threatened a woman how had to take a restraining order out against him with throwing acid in her face, besides the one from another woman who said she was raped at knife point, or the one he assaulted from the back. Anyway, he may know something about chemicals and their effects on bodies. After all, why would anyone have acid around to threaten with? If he brought Jaimee Mendez to harm, then he may have had to 'clean' out all evidence of the fact.

Chemicals expedite decomposition of bodies and wipe away evidence. Burying a body at sea or in water is done by wrapping it and weighing it down. The plastic sheeting may have been what he may have used if he may have done that. It seems to me, he had knowledge and easy access to either or both methods to be "clean" of this. If it hadn't been for the Mendez family going to his house that same night she vanished and seeing the scratches on his face and hands, seeing his van get cleaned out from one day to the next, then finding the carpeting from the van and her shoes, that he would have appeared completely "clean" of this and LE would have no cause to search his garage and his vans. But he seems confident about being able to get away with this if has brought Jaimee Mendez to harm, as he managed to have other charges dismissed. How does somebody get away with all he has without knowing how to clean up and be convincing, eight restraining orders, assault charges and more?

http://www.itemlive.com/news/item-exclusive-sex-offender-denies-involvement-in-case-of-missing/article_22422f0e-6b8a-11e4-ab28-139fce571f81.html

This is all certainly plausible. It makes me wonder what the status of the carpet found is though. Was it actually from his van and what secrets might it hold??? The carpet alone if contaminated and if it belongs to JF could be the tipping point in an arrest I would think.

BBM...

I pray that the following speculation is wrong, and that Jaimee Mendez is found alive and can rejoin her family. The fact that all they have found of her are her shoes, her phone, and other items and that she just vanished, sometime between her call to a friend to be picked up and him getting there, is devastating. I would not wish to add to their pain in any way and my heart goes out to them.

in the one that says "Convicted Child Rapist," on top of it, he's sitting in what may be a garage. There's a plastic sheet hanging behind him. Maybe it's possible that his mom used the words "he's clean" because that's what he told her, not implying that she knows anything or he admitted anything, but that's what he is, all cleaned up after the fact. He also threatened a woman who had to take a restraining order out against him with throwing acid in her face, besides the one from another woman who said she was raped at knife point, or the one he assaulted from the back. Anyway, he may known something about chemicals and their effects on bodies. After all, why would anyone have acid around to threaten with? If he brought Jaimee Mendez to harm, then he may have had to 'clean' out all evidence of the fact.

Chemicals expedite decomposition of bodies and wipe away evidence. Burying a body at sea or in water is done by wrapping it and weighing it down. Plastic sheeting may have been what he may have used if he may have done that. It seems to me, he had knowledge and easy access to either or both methods to be "clean" of this. If it hadn't been for the Mendez family going to his house that same night she vanished and seeing the scratches on his face and hands, seeing his van get cleaned out from one day to the next, then finding the carpeting from the van and her shoes, that he would have appeared completely "clean" of this and LE would have no cause to search his garage and his vans. But he seems confident about being able to get away with this if he has brought Jaimee Mendez to harm, as he managed to have other charges dismissed. How does somebody get away with all he has without knowing how to clean up and be convincing, eight restraining orders, assault charges and more?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...scott-6-November-2014&p=11192274#post11192274

Please link proof showing that charges were pressed in these cases or that LE is concerned by them because I am of the opinion that no charges or no LE involvement, no crimes. I personally know of instances where women have made false claims to get restraining orders for one purpose or another. If the woman/women was/were scared to the point of seeking a restraining order, then why didn't she/they press charges for what occurred?

I will say again If LE believes this man or at least at this point has no reason to arrest him or call him POI, then I think we should leave it alone. I fully believe in the rights of the individual and this man has rights until LE gives us something to indicate he might be guilty. At this point, they haven't and I cannot condone slandering someone based on opinion.

That said, do I think he had involvement in this? Yes. Do I think he knows more than he is saying? Yes. He might have done something very bad leading to Jaimee missing. However, he might not have. We just don't know.

There are those of us who wish to discuss alternate scenarios as opposed to being so focused on this man that we are blind to all other possibilities. What if he didn't do it? That is the question you should be asking.

Is there an MSM link or document showing where he threatened with acid and the other threats please? I must have missed it.

Thanks in advance

What if... (totally speculating here)

Those calls that have been reported to be made, were never actually made at all? Or, if they were made but what's been reported to have been said, was never actually said at all? What if... that whole scenario of Jaimee saying she was scared of him or he was making her nervous, was entirely made up by the female friend and the male friend for some other reason and one or both of them were actually the last people to see her that night?

Did both of those friends talk to Jaimee's sister and tell her the same thing? Who are these friends? How well does she know them?

Just throwing it out there. Obviously I could be totally off. Or not.

What if... (totally speculating here)

Those calls that have been reported to be made, were never actually made at all? Or, if they were made but what's been reported to have been said, was never actually said at all? What if... that whole scenario of Jaimee saying she was scared of him or he was making her nervous, was entirely made up by the female friend and the male friend for some other reason and one or both of them were actually the last people to see her that night?

Did both of those friends talk to Jaimee's sister and tell her the same thing? Who are these friends? How well does she know them?

Just throwing it out there. Obviously I could be totally off. Or not.

Then LE would have searched their houses and impounded their cars as they would have the phone records implicating them. They would have had the scratches her sister saw on the RSO. If she trusts them, I will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0