Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my own timeline of event I put together. I don't have everything in front of me (I'm on my phone in Kohls) so please let me know if I get something wrong. I'll add in more details later:

Please feel free to add in things I left out, or correct something I may have gotten wrong. I think if we keep an ongoing timeline of events, it will help.
briefed

The "Items" article you use with information provided by the RSO for the timeline includes this line
"Fleury admitted he was uncertain about the exact timeline of the night."
Mr. Steven Mendez did not see his daughter he heard from her according to the source you provided for the information in your timeline from here, as you provided.
In a brief interview Monday night, a distraught Steven Mendez said the last time the family heard from his daughter, the missing 25-year-old Jaimee Mendez, was on Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
http://www.salemnews.com/news/local...cle_ee53dd0a-6968-11e4-a060-9ba4e110acd8.html

She said her sister called a female friend at 6:40 p.m. Thursday and told them she was with the sex offender and that he was making her nervous. An hour later, Jaimee called a male friend and told him she was at the sex offender’s home and that he continued to make her nervous.
Family members said police were searching a dumpster at CVS on Eastern Avenue in Lynn Sunday, where they found some of Mendez's belongings.
http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-search-for-missing-swampscott-woman/29630600

Mendez, 25, was last seen Thursday, Nov. 6. Her family reported her missing Saturday saying she had called two people telling them she was with a registered level 3 sex offender and felt uncomfortable.
On Monday night, her mother sat outside the home of the Lynn man Mendez was last believed to be with before she disappeared. Tuesday morning, a van with Virginia license plates was towed from outside his house.
On Tuesday, a dumpster near where the man lived was also searched by authorities who used police dogs and aerial views to help expand the search.
http://www.wsvn.com/story/27363345/investigators-plan-next-steps-in-search-for-swampscott-mom

Mendez was last heard from last Thursday, when she called two friends to tell them she was with a convicted sex offender and he was making her nervous, according to her family. She was reported missing Saturday, according to law enforcement.
The family has publicly stated that they believe the sex offender has something to do with Mendez’s disappearance. Police have searched his property and towed two vehicles. But officials have not named him as a suspect or person of interest. The Globe is not naming him because he has not been charged.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...l?hootPostID=fc564380f7f7c9f1a020e25051e05f5f

She was reported missing on Saturday, according to law enforcement.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...not-located/kiacEtfNgqmwshdgVMA3ZI/story.html

No one came to the door at the sex offender’s home on Tuesday. Neighbors said they believed he and his family had left Monday night.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...scott-woman/Gfq9UIlWsMWLr3GBAvKmHN/story.html

“They hadn’t been friends for very long,’’ Alyssa Mendez said. “So the family hadn’t met him.’’
She said her sister called a female friend at 6:40 p.m. Thursday and told them she was with the sex offender and that he was making her nervous. An hour later, Jaimee called a male friend and told him she was at the sex offender’s home and that he continued to make her nervous.
Alyssa Mendez said her father spoke with the sex offender this weekend, but he denied Jaimee Mendez was with him.
According to Alyssa Mendez, the sex offender lives mostly in a van. This Saturday, she said, her family saw the interior of the vehicle and noticed that it was carpeted. They saw the vehicle Sunday and the carpet had been removed, Alyssa Mendez said.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...-been-found/AiEI5xh2DPeGW5Vo2InBFO/story.html

"When I spoke to that gentleman, there was a complete bedroom inside his van. When I saw him the next morning it was gone -- the rug cut out. That's telling me something is not right there," Steven Mendez said.
http://www.wcvb.com/news/family-swampscott-woman-with-sex-offender-before-disappearance/29634814

“She said, ‘listen I’m on this street I’m with this guy, he’s making me really nervous, I want to get out of here,’” Alyssa Mendez said. “[Her friend] went to go pick up her up, she never showed, and her phone was off. That’s the last anyone ever heard of her.”
Alyssa Mendez said she spoke with the man her sister was with the night she disappeared.
“He had scratches on his face, he had scratches on his hands,”
Alyssa Mendez said. “It just didn’t make sense, his story.”
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/11/12/police-search-in-salem-for-missing-swampscott-mother/

I am so confused. Hardly any of the things you saying are in these articles. Where are you getting it from??

that is not true, i cut and pasted them. i was being polite, but you misrepresent a lot, so i quoted directly.

At the end of the day, "HE" could be the RSO or not. NO ONE knows.

BBM

Thank you for you thoughts, but why would you even begin to believe him? He's seems to me to be covering. She had her phone that worked which she used to try to get away from him. Seems to me he's lying to fit the circumstances. This isn't his first ride on the merry-go-round with the law. He has had a lifetime of breaking the law. I think he may have started covering for himself soon after he was able to get Jaimee Bruck back into his van. Those four hours he speaks of may be key. It's said he was with his girlfriend I saw somewhere around 10 pm (not confirmed info) and in this interview he says he went home and "fried his brain," thus giving himself an out for the following four hours. So between the time Jaimee Mendez called for help and about the time he claims to be with his girlfriend is about 4 hours. I think that's when he may have taken Jaimee Mendez to where ever she may be hidden. It all sounds way to convenient to depict a diabetic mom much loved by her family and her son would be using his phone to call dealers then imply that she over-dosed with somebody else. Every aspect of what he says I think strongly is a cover for what he did, extrapolated after the fact, as best he could from the records of calls he made on his phone to set the cover in motion. He changed his van from one day to the next. He may have been working hard to cover his tracks at that, I think. I also think the people he implicates may turn on him soon enough. The only person he could trust that night was the mother of his child for an alibi, but even then not before that gap of about 4 hours that he explains as the time he "fried his brain." How convenient, how pat. "Fleury admitted he was uncertain about the exact timeline of the night." from the Item article listed. So he's precise on his alibi and uncertain? This sounds like classic mendacity to me. "Fleury also said he has no idea with whom Mendez was with when she allegedly called a friend and said the man she was with made her uncomfortable." she identified him in his call to her friend. That's how the family knew to look for this lying bag of wind, so a big big lie right there too.

I believe him as well for now because also for now, LE seems to. If they didn't, they would be calling him a POI or suspect. The fact that they aren't tells me that his story checks out.

That said, I know this is a victim-friendly forum but the family could have mentioned possible drug involvement in the beginning. Just because someone uses, sells or is otherwise involved in drugs, they should never go missing however, this information shouldn't be withheld as it seems to be pertinent to the case.

At the end of the day, "HE" could be the RSO or not. NO ONE knows.

Family members said police were searching a dumpster at CVS on Eastern Avenue in Lynn Sunday, where they found some of Mendez's belongings.
http://www.wcvb.com/news/police-sear...woman/29630600

that is not true, i cut and pasted them.

No I clicked the links but I didn't see some of the things you quoted. Anyway, I did see the part at the end from boston that says her friends say she said she was with the SO but they stated a few things that differed from most other sources. Like the part about driving to the house to pick her up. The sister said they drove to where she was supposed to meet them, but she never showed up. That's completely different and IMO an important bit of info. So either they are wrong or the other sources and her sister are.

Regardless I still think there's reasonable doubt as to whether she was with JF when she made those calls. I think we need to wait until more info is released to know for sure.

No I clicked the links but I didn't see some of the things you quoted. Anyway, I did see the part at the end from boston that says her friends say she said she was with the SO but they stated a few things that differed from most other sources. Like the part about driving to the house to pick her up. The sister said they drove to where she was supposed to meet them, but she never showed up. That's completely different and IMO an important bit of info. So either they are wrong or the other sources and her sister are.

Regardless I still think there's reasonable doubt as to whether she was with JF when she made those calls. I think we need to wait until more info is released to know for sure.

I cut and pasted all the quotes from the links below them. I'm not interpreting them like you do, they're direct quotes from primary sources, with the information double sourced in some cases. Why do you insist otherwise?

For any locals, there is mention of helicopter(s), five of them flying over Swampscott coast on the Find page under "Posts to Page". Seems unlikely they have any connection to JM but you never know and perhaps it's just a training of some sort. TIA

https://www.facebook.com/findjaimeemendez?fref=nf

I cut and pasted all the quotes from the links below them. I'm not interpreting them like you do, they're direct quotes from primary sources, with the information double sourced in some cases. Why do you insist otherwise?

I'm not insisting anything. Just putting out there what I've found, and what I haven't found.

Family holds out hope for missing Swampscott mom - 7News Boston WHDH-TV (4 hours ago)

LYNN, Mass. (WHDH) -Law enforcement officials are continuing the search for missing Swampscott mom, Jaimee Mendez.

(snip)

"All I can say is it's been hard, can't describe it. It's unbearable,” Alyssa Mendez said.

Jaimee Mendez, 25, was last seen Thursday. Her family reported her missing Saturday saying she had called two people telling them she was with a registered level 3 sex offender and felt uncomfortable.

When one of those people went to pick her up, Mendez wasn't there.

Since then, her jacket and cellphone were found in woods in Salem, and her sneakers in a dumpster in Lynn.

Anyone with information was asked to contact the Swampscott Police Department at 781-595-1111.

The family is also asking for anyone with tracking experience or who is familiar with the area to aid in the search.

Embedded video & More@Link
http://www.whdh.com/story/27349398/family-continues-to-hold-out-hope-for-missing-swampscott-mom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/B]

But I can make a guess. She wouldn't be the first person who saw a way to make easy, fast, money and was lured into that lifestyle. I have compassion for people who get involved in drugs.

I am sorry, I have no compassion for drug dealers. No excuse for actions that can ruin so many lives.

I would like to know who this male friend who was supposed to pick her up was. He could have done something to her, then claimed he never met her. He could have also told the sister he got the "I'm uncomfortable with this guy" phone call, and convince her to claim she was told the same thing by Jaimee, in an effort to nail the obvious suspect.

I would like to know who this male friend who was supposed to pick her up was. He could have done something to her, then claimed he never met her. He could have also told the sister he got the "I'm uncomfortable with this guy" phone call, and convince her to claim she was told the same thing by Jaimee, in an effort to nail the obvious suspect.

Ooooo good point! I didn't even think of that. They would have obviously linked it back to him since he's the last one she called. So better come up with an alibi.

Random thoughts about the phone charger: I keep one in my car and one in the house. If I'm going somewhere riding with someone else I bring one with me. I use my phone a lot and it drains the battery pretty fast sometimes.

Since Jaimee is diabetic, it is probably even more important to her to keep her phone charged, so it doesn't seem unusual that she'd have a charger with her. If she was in a car with JF and she only had a wall charger that could explain her using his phone, if that is actually even true. Not everyone has a car adapter.

I don't think having the charger with her is an indication that she went home after being with JF.

Random thoughts about the phone charger: I keep one in my car and one in the house. If I'm going somewhere riding with someone else I bring one with me. I use my phone a lot and it drains the battery pretty fast sometimes.

Since Jaimee is diabetic, it is probably even more important to her to keep her phone charged, so it doesn't seem unusual that she'd have a charger with her. If she was in a car with JF and she only had a wall charger that could explain her using his phone, if that is actually even true. Not everyone has a car adapter.

I don't think having the charger with her is an indication that she went home after being with JF.

I don't leave when in my car, but I always have one in my purse, which is always with me. I also have a car charger and a portable charger. I agree that having a charger doesn't mean she went home. Lots of people carry them.

Wow! He is bad news bears. Clearly he doesn't walk around handing out his past arrest records but he screams bad news. IMO anyone who does drugs is bad news. Jmo. I wonder why she would be hanging out with him!

My ex was on various things, and (aside from leaving me!) he was a wonderful person. He always paid the rent, never laid a finger on me, and everybody loved him. He worked a full time job which he absolutely hated, had a very tough time growing up and was supporting his mother and several siblings from the age of sixteen. For the four years before he had met me, he was living with our boss' brother who unfortunately gave him his lifestyle to escape all that had happened/was happening. He was not bad news, and he was on A LOT - for a long time, it seemed to be that he was never sober.

The drugs are not the issue. The issue is the person behind the drugs. Regardless of what anybody in this situation was on, the RSO is clearly a very unstable person and JM needs to be found. The drugs do not make these people more or less human. The RSO's history is what makes him somewhat less human.

These are the people you choose to disbelieve, for those who question the Mendez family knowledge of who Jaimee Mendez was with before she disappeared.
View attachment 63610Screenshot 2014-11-16 at 2.54.14 AM.png

And these are two you choose to believe.
View attachment 63612Screenshot 2014-11-16 at 3.00.21 AM.jpg

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig...an-possibly-connected-to-missing-mom/29708868

Please be careful before you turn a missing mother into a drug dealer based on nothing more that the word of a man who has history of abusing women, raping children and much more. This is a family friendly site meant to generate discussion to help find the missing, not to defend criminals and cast doubt on their victims and their families, and with a lack of compassion to dehumanize them.

I wonder why Massachusetts lists JF's RSO conviction as rape and abuse of child when he wasn't even charged, nor has he ever been convicted of rape. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears his RSO status resulted from a carnal knowledge conviction in Virginia. The conviction on 8/26/97 stemmed from an offense on 01/26/97. In January of '97, six months after his 18th birthday, he had sex with a teen aged 13 to 15 - without force. It appears it may have been a class 6 felony, indicating the younger teenager consented. He was 3-5 years older than the other teen and he received a suspended sentence.

I bring this up because there seems to be a lot of focus on his RSO status, which fwiw, doesn't seem to really indicate a violent offender. I was hoping someone in MA could explain why he received the status he did when moving there. Of course,being the last known person around Jaimee, along with a few other things, does bring about concern. I think this has more to do with drugs, ODing and/or being high more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman