Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family stayed within their rights. Best of my knowledge, there is nothing backing your statement that the family released his name, the media did, please provide a link to such information if it exists. I find your judgement of the Mendez quibbling as I admire them for how they acted, awed by it, in fact.

I admire them as well HG and I also admire their restraint. If I had been in their position I could not have restrained myself. JMO
RIP Jaimee may justice be swiftly served.

NOT true. 2nd post on this board is her family talking about the RSO was that "guy". You have to view the videos and also read. YOU missed that video with her family on page 1, 2nd post. Her family knew from the get go. JMO. I trust Jaimee's family.

I was posting on what MSM had quoted in every article I had read. I'll go back and watch the videos. There's no doubt that the family thought it was him from the beginning. The question was WHY did they think this. Just because they knew she had left the house with him? Or for other reasons?

He was seen with her by people who knew who he was and what the inside of his van looked like.

The family has been very vocal ,Michelle Mendez has been though hell. They have done everything they could to find Jamie and I dont understand the post about the delay in reporting her missing. She was reported on the 6th of Nov. Jamiee saw her son off to school on the 5th. Like Believe pointed out the response was huge by LE in her case. That is not the normal in missing person cases we see often. Sometimes, in high profile cases but Jamiee's case was not high profile.

I respect that people like to sleuth different idea's and leads. I am a huge believer in BARD before conviction. I love to sleuth different theories . In this case I am BARD that JF is a suspect named or unnamed.
The circumstantial evidence reported in this case is overwhelming with regards to him being a suspect or not. We have witnesses that place them together. We have search warrants executed at his home(?) . We have his 2 vans seized. and we know he was questioned 3 times. We also know he has a huge record of priors. 22. This is a lot to overlook.
That is not including the information the family provided. i.e. the phone calls about her feeling uncomfortable and her belongings found in a dumpster. The carpet found that may not be related but is interesting.What is lacking at this time is what crime may have been committed.

I know this post is all over the place. Sorry about that. I hate to use the saying Justice for ...in any case,because the idea there can be justice when a life is stolen or taken seems absurd to me in an emotional kind of way. I just hope for resolution to the crime and protection from the offender for the rest of us,or sometimes I just want the truth. I hope answers will come for Jamiee's family.

Who saw the inside of his van other than her family the day they went to question him after her disappearance? I don't recall seeing anything about any other witnesses....

He was seen with her by people who knew who he was and what the inside of his van looked like.

The family has been very vocal ,Michelle Mendez has been though hell. They have done everything they could to find Jamie and I dont understand the post about the delay in reporting her missing. She was reported on the 6th of Nov. Jamiee saw her son off to school on the 5th. Like Believe pointed out the response was huge by LE in her case. That is not the normal in missing person cases we see often. Sometimes, in high profile cases but Jamiee's case was not high profile.

I respect that people like to sleuth different idea's and leads. I am a huge believer in BARD before conviction. I love to sleuth different theories . In this case I am BARD that JF is a suspect named or unnamed.
The circumstantial evidence reported in this case is overwhelming with regards to him being a suspect or not. We have witnesses that place them together. We have search warrants executed at his home(?) . We have his 2 vans seized. and we know he was questioned 3 times. We also know he has a huge record of priors. 22. This is a lot to overlook.
That is not including the information the family provided. i.e. the phone calls about her feeling uncomfortable and her belongings found in a dumpster. The carpet found that may not be related but is interesting.What is lacking at this time is what crime may have been committed.

I know this post is all over the place. Sorry about that. I hate to use the saying Justice for ...in any case,because the idea there can be justice when a life is stolen or taken seems absurd to me in an emotional kind of way. I just hope for resolution to the crime and protection from the offender for the rest of us,or sometimes I just want the truth. I hope answers will come for Jamiee's family.

So well said, Soulmagent, ya old soul, and much appreciated.

Anyone have suggestions for locations relating to the case to place on a map? Some ground truth from people who know the area would be great, especially about the beach area. I wonder what it would have been like around there that night?

I am curious as to why LE did not pursue a search warrant on JF's relatives home where he (in part) stayed at? They checked the garage and towed away two vans! I can't quote from the FJMFB page but Mom said they did not do a polygraph on JF because in the state of MA it could not be used in court. The only purpose it would have was to obtain a search warrant. I sure do wish they would have done that early on. If for no other reason just to get a better understanding of the events that happened that evening and to at least be able to name him as a POI.

After writing the above now I'm wondering if they DID do a polygraph at one of his 3 meetings with LE and that was used to take the vehicles? Maybe Jaimee's Mom was not provided that information?

Sorry just trying to make sense of where this all goes next. I pray the ME can determine a COD which IMO will give this all the boost forward to justice that it needs.

Sorry for the rambling :facepalm:

https://www.facebook.com/findjaimeemendez/posts/860728700656537

Not rambling, in fact you raise a good point. We have no reason to think that LE has shared all their information with the family and most of what we know is from the family. So if a poly was done, there is no reason to think that anyone outside of LE would know that.

:cow:

Fleury would have had to have agreed to the poly, correct? He couldnt have been compelled. He was wise to refuse. If Fleury was living outside of the relatives house, I suspect there was no probable cause to search their home. I can see how they could have included the garage in any searches. They have to be pretty targeted in a case like this one-I am fairly certain that any others served from this point going forward will have fewer hoops to jump through. There is Jaimee, and there is whatever evidence was gathered from the initial searches that can be used to inspire a wider spread search of areas like relatives home. And storage facilities, computers etc etc etc if there are any to pursue.

Jaimee's family did an outstanding job of applying all of the right pressure. Jaimee herself inspired a huge response from law enforcement. It is clear that her case was taken very very seriously from the get go. Let's speculate that the van/vans contained evidence of Jaimee. If it wasnt sufficient evidence to indicate that she died in one of them, it becomes quite difficult to arrest someone for her disappearance. Truly. If (sorry for being graphic) they found brain matter belonging to her, they could have made a very strong case for her being dead. If they found DNA belonging to her in the van, it is way less clear cut since it was common knowledge she was with him. Even her own words put her with him, right?

But now she has been found and clearly she died under suspicious circumstances. This is just the beginning of tying it all together.

I am curious as to why LE did not pursue a search warrant on JF's relatives home where he (in part) stayed at? They checked the garage and towed away two vans! I can't quote from the FJMFB page but Mom said they did not do a polygraph on JF because in the state of MA it could not be used in court. The only purpose it would have was to obtain a search warrant. I sure do wish they would have done that early on. If for no other reason just to get a better understanding of the events that happened that evening and to at least be able to name him as a POI.

After writing the above now I'm wondering if they DID do a polygraph at one of his 3 meetings with LE and that was used to take the vehicles? Maybe Jaimee's Mom was not provided that information?

Sorry just trying to make sense of where this all goes next. I pray the ME can determine a COD which IMO will give this all the boost forward to justice that it needs.

Sorry for the rambling :facepalm:

https://www.facebook.com/findjaimeemendez/posts/860728700656537

I was posting on what MSM had quoted in every article I had read. I'll go back and watch the videos. There's no doubt that the family thought it was him from the beginning. The question was WHY did they think this. Just because they knew she had left the house with him? Or for other reasons?

I believe it was because she was known to be with him last ,and Jamiee's family has no reason to doubt the 2 of Jamiee's friends who spoke to Jamiee on the matter of her not feeling safe. Nothing the family has said has come out of thin air. They seemed have a solid line of reasoning as to their view on this case. Often a missing family member is the last witness to see a person the suspect together. There really seems to be no other known information the places Jamie anywhere after her contact with JF and I think if the family had any they would have followed up. They wanted Jamiee's body to be brought home. I dont think they would have ignored any tip that might have prevented them from that.

I've wondered all along if JF's statement was true, and Jaimee did actually leave on foot after the drug deal he says went down? I don't really have anything telling me it's a believable statement *other* than the fact he's never been arrested for anything yet (as it pertains to this case).

If that did happen, if she walked off & he drove home, where did she go? To meet a friend? Caught a ride with someone else? Did anyone map it yet on how far the Rite-Aid is to where they found her?

So many unknowns in this case :(

ETA: I just mapped it. It's a 9 minute walk (.5 miles) from the Lewis St. Rite Aid to Kings Beach in Lynn. 3 minutes by car. I don't think she ever left that area the night she went missing. :(

ETA: Just sort of correcting myself. There is Kings beach in Lynn then there is King's beach in Swampscott, where all the msm articles are saying she was found (in Swampscott). It's actually the same beachfront, just further down the road (in Lynn it's called Lynn Shore Dr and in Swampscott it's called Humphrey Street - but it's the same road).

I've wondered all along if JF's statement was true, and Jaimee did actually leave on foot after the drug deal he says went down? I don't really have anything telling me it's a believable statement *other* than the fact he's never been arrested for anything yet (as it pertains to this case).

If that did happen, if she walked off & he drove home, where did she go? To meet a friend? Caught a ride with someone else? Did anyone map it yet on how far the Rite-Aid is to where they found her?

ETA: I just mapped it. It's a 9 minute walk (.5 miles) from the Lewis St. Rite Aid to Kings Beach in Lynn. 3 minutes by car. I don't think she ever left that area the night she went missing. :(

ETA: Just sort of correcting myself. There is Kings beach in Lynn then there is King's beach in Swampscott, where all the msm articles are saying she was found (in Swampscott). It's actually the same beachfront, just further down the road (in Lynn it's called Lynn Shore Dr and in Swampscott it's called Humphrey Street - but it's the same road).

So lets say we are to consider she did walk off ,alone. How do we get past the shoe being found in the dumpster? I know it "looked like Jamiee's shoe." but other items belonging to her are said to have been found. Do we ignore that and keep giving JF the benefit he is telling the truth? Ok maybe she ran into someone else,but then I come to the part about the carpet found that similar to the carpet from his van. That was said to be missing its carpet.

I just cant do it. I dont believe that ,because it is hard to put aside actual things that have been reported in favor or JF's statements. Even if those reports are biased from Jamiee's family .

The only things that had me leaning toward him being guilty are that Jaimee's mom keeps claiming Jaimee told her friends that she was on Spring Road and that's where they went to get her. Also, the part about him repeating to her mom over and over that he let her borrow his charger. That just sounds suspect. However, none of these things have been confirmed by MSM or LE so I'd be purely going off her mom's Facebook posts. I have no reason not to believe her, but you never know.....

So lets say we are to consider she did walk off ,alone. How do we get past the shoe being found in the dumpster? I know it "looked like Jamiee's shoe." but other items belonging to her are said to have been found. Do we ignore that and keep giving JF the benefit he is telling the truth? Ok maybe she ran into someone else,but then I come to the part about the carpet found that similar to the carpet from his van. That was said to be missing its carpet.

I just cant do it. I dont believe that ,because it is hard to put aside actual things that have been reported in favor or JF's statements. Even if those reports are biased from Jamiee's family .

Only her (supposed) shoes were in the dumpster. The rest of her belongings were found elsewhere. And as far as I'm aware, it was never confirmed that the rug in the dumpster or the men's clothing belonged to JF.

Ok, now I'm going to play devil's advocate here. What if JF is telling the truth and the person who really murdered her is trying to set JF up because they knew she had been with him? Did Jaimee call or text her friends? If text, maybe someone wrote in the second message that she was on Spring Rd (if that's what the text said) to throw everyone off. And then maybe they planted her shoes in the dumpster near his house (if those were really her shoes). Just thinking through possibilities. It's a long shot and very unlikely, but is it impossible?

There's no reason to believe a thing the RSO says about anything, I agree.

My thinking here is a big, fat, "what if" she met up with someone else who disposed of her personal belongings, after she left JF at the Rite-Aid. I don't really think she did, but I do think it's possible & something that should be considered in case it turns out JF actually did have nothing to do with her disappearance. No question about it, based on what we all know about JF, he's a genuine sketch. But, that doesn't mean he did anything and as my cop friend likes to say "you can't arrest someone for being a sketch, unless you can prove he broke a law while being one".

There's no reason to believe a thing the RSO says about anything, I agree.

This isn't about believing JF, per se, this is more about considering the facts as we know them. We can't just ignore the fact that JF has never been charged with anything (yet). There's a reason for that, and until we know what it is, I think it's prudent to give LE the benefit of the doubt.

Ok, now I'm going to play devil's advocate here. What if JF is telling the truth and the person who really murdered her is trying to set JF up because they knew she had been with him? Did Jaimee call or text her friends? If text, maybe someone wrote in the second message that she was on Spring Rd (if that's what the text said) to throw everyone off. And then maybe they planted her shoes in the dumpster near his house (if those were really her shoes). Just thinking through possibilities. It's a long shot and very unlikely, but is it impossible?

Is it possible? Sure, I think it's possible. Based on what we know about JF, he had a long list of people who didn't have much use for him.

Is it probable? I'm leaning towards no. From all I've read, none of his associates seemed to be the sharpest bulb on the tree (him either, for that matter).

Have we ever heard what Jaimee's boyfriend's name is? I think I read she has been with him for years and lived with him? Did/do they both live with her family? And does her sister live there also? In other words who did Jaimee live with exactly? Do we know?

Have we ever heard what Jaimee's boyfriend's name is? I think I read she has been with him for years and lived with him? Did/do they both live with her family? And does her sister live there also? In other words who did Jaimee live with exactly? Do we know?

Danny I believe? And yes, from what I've read, they lived together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers