DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaimee Mendez's parents take their grief to social media
by Julie Manganis, Staff Writer Tuesday, Feb 3, '15 3:00 am

Mom wrote:

“All it took was the perfect storm and power to get her to wash up on the sand and she came all the way up right up to the sea wall, but that’s my girl. Strong even in spirit. I love you Jaimee and I know you’ll always be right beside me and your baby.”

Dad wrote:

“I finally have a pain that I will never overcome. But as long as I have you by my side I can maintain. So please don’t ever leave me, please keep up with my every stride.”

R.I.P Jaimee Mendez thoughts and prayers with your little boy and family.

"Massachusetts medical examiners have identified body parts found on a beach in Swampscott as those of a 25-year-old woman who went missing in November.

The Essex District Attorney's Office said on Friday that the remains found on King's Beach on Wednesday were identified as those of Jaimee Mendez of Swampscott, who was last seen on Nov. 6.

The diabetic mother of a 5-year-old autistic child went missing after calling family to tell them she was with a 'known sex offender,'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nown-sex-offender-vanished.html#ixzz3Qj12RCYi

They are discussing dedicating a bench to Jaimee in the area her body was discovered.

They are discussing dedicating a bench to Jaimee in the area her body was discovered.

That would be an excellent idea. How do people get memorial benches anyway? I see them and sit whenever I can, LOL, but I have no idea how to get one started.

I've wondered all along if JF's statement was true, and Jaimee did actually leave on foot after the drug deal he says went down? I don't really have anything telling me it's a believable statement *other* than the fact he's never been arrested for anything yet (as it pertains to this case).

If that did happen, if she walked off & he drove home, where did she go? To meet a friend? Caught a ride with someone else? Did anyone map it yet on how far the Rite-Aid is to where they found her?

So many unknowns in this case :(

ETA: I just mapped it. It's a 9 minute walk (.5 miles) from the Lewis St. Rite Aid to Kings Beach in Lynn. 3 minutes by car. I don't think she ever left that area the night she went missing. :(

ETA: Just sort of correcting myself. There is Kings beach in Lynn then there is King's beach in Swampscott, where all the msm articles are saying she was found (in Swampscott). It's actually the same beachfront, just further down the road (in Lynn it's called Lynn Shore Dr and in Swampscott it's called Humphrey Street - but it's the same road).

I grew up there. It's not even that long by foot or by car. The King's Beach Swampscott vs Lynn angle is moot because it's all one crescent of a beach, and the town line is about in the middle. However, her being found on the Swampscott side vs. the Lynn side tells us very little about where she went in the water. The closest spot of beach from the Rite Aid is scarcely a couple blocks, and that is to the point that separates King's beach from Lynn beach/Nahant beach (also one long stretch of beach that spans two towns). I could make that walk in 5 minutes or less. Easily.

As for what it would have been like that night? (Someone else asked in another post.) It would likely have been quite cold. I don't know offhand what the weather was, but even if it had been relatively warm for late November, the seaside wind will keep things very chilly and probably rather uncomfortable. It's a well-traveled area, at least by vehicle, at most times of day. I'd say it's pretty much *never* absolutely deserted all up and down Humphrey/Lynn Shore Drive at any time of night, but naturally there would be those times of day when traffic is few and far between. The CVS where the shoes were found, assuming it's the one I know, which is the only CVS on Eastern Ave, backs up into a residential area. Lots of homes overlooking the back parking lot, but some of them are at a bit of a distance (couple hundred yards). The area where her cell phone and whatnot were found is a very quick ride either tracking back through Swampscott or, more likely, continuing up Eastern from the beach to 107 and then right on Swampscott Rd.

Lewis St in Lynn in a tough neighborhood to find oneself in at night. Given the fact that she was with a level 3 RSO and made a call saying she wanted out plus all the circumstantial evidence says a lot about whom they should be looking at first (as they are). However, that's a neighborhood you wouldn't catch me walking alone in at night. Just saying that for the sake of playing devil's advocate. If she were to feel uncomfortable enough with the situation to walk off on her own... there wouldn't be a shortage of shady characters potentially around.

I grew up there. It's not even that long by foot or by car. The King's Beach Swampscott vs Lynn angle is moot because it's all one crescent of a beach, and the town line is about in the middle. However, her being found on the Swampscott side vs. the Lynn side tells us very little about where she went in the water. The closest spot of beach from the Rite Aid is scarcely a couple blocks, and that is to the point that separates King's beach from Lynn beach/Nahant beach (also one long stretch of beach that spans two towns). I could make that walk in 5 minutes or less. Easily.

As for what it would have been like that night? (Someone else asked in another post.) It would likely have been quite cold. I don't know offhand what the weather was, but even if it had been relatively warm for late November, the seaside wind will keep things very chilly and probably rather uncomfortable. It's a well-traveled area, at least by vehicle, at most times of day. I'd say it's pretty much *never* absolutely deserted all up and down Humphrey/Lynn Shore Drive at any time of night, but naturally there would be those times of day when traffic is few and far between. The CVS where the shoes were found, assuming it's the one I know, which is the only CVS on Eastern Ave, backs up into a residential area. Lots of homes overlooking the back parking lot, but some of them are at a bit of a distance (couple hundred yards). The area where her cell phone and whatnot were found is a very quick ride either tracking back through Swampscott or, more likely, continuing up Eastern from the beach to 107 and then right on Swampscott Rd.

Lewis St in Lynn in a tough neighborhood to find oneself in at night. Given the fact that she was with a level 3 RSO and made a call saying she wanted out plus all the circumstantial evidence says a lot about whom they should be looking at first (as they are). However, that's a neighborhood you wouldn't catch me walking alone in at night. Just saying that for the sake of playing devil's advocate. If she were to feel uncomfortable enough with the situation to walk off on her own... there wouldn't be a shortage of shady characters potentially around.

Thank you boston_baby for your informative post :tyou: It's great having someone who was a local to Swampscott to give us a better sense of the area. From what I have read it does seem certain areas are more vulnerable to crime than others.

I can't speak for all but agree the RSO should be #1 on the list of suspects but the lack of MSM/LE attention on him is so confusing :banghead:

Can you share any information about the strip of beach (King's Beach) where Jaimee was found? Is it known to be a place to party/illegal activities and is there any commercial fishing that happens in the area other than lobster traps? TIA and again thanks for your post!!! :)

Thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge of the place. It's very helpful.

Thank you for sharing your first hand knowledge of the place. It's very helpful.

From my best understanding where Jaimee's friend showed up, it was Spring Rd, near his residence, which is how the family was able to locate the RSO, I assume. Only the RSO claims the Rite Aid stop. Besides, the Rite Aid would have security cams and there has been not one report to say she was last seen walking around or in the Rite Aid or of any security footage at all. If the RSO had dropped her off she, there's a good chance security cams in that area would have picked her up. No such information has ever emerged in all these months to back the RSO's statements to the press, other than his word. If she were in fear, as her own voice to friends attested, why would she then lurk in the shadows, unseen? Wouldn't she have ran for the first well lit public place possible?

I may have missed something in the middle, but if this post is correct:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...scott-6-November-2014&p=11189745#post11189745
Then it says LE says they do have footage of her at the Rite Aid. Is that not true?
And I will say that there aren't really a ton of public, well-lit areas right nearby. There are a few sub shops and corner stores, but it's honestly a rather dark area, even with streetlights, and the neighborhood in a direct line between the rite aid and the beach is 100% residential (other than a random church/dentist/doctor), and is really quite dark.

I may have missed something in the middle, but if this post is correct:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...scott-6-November-2014&p=11189745#post11189745
Then it says LE says they do have footage of her at the Rite Aid. Is that not true?
And I will say that there aren't really a ton of public, well-lit areas right nearby. There are a few sub shops and corner stores, but it's honestly a rather dark area, even with streetlights, and the neighborhood in a direct line between the rite aid and the beach is 100% residential (other than a random church/dentist/doctor), and is really quite dark.

Yep, you're completely right. Would any of those places have security cams do you think? Thank you, again, for sharing what you know.

"they say she was last seen in a Rite Aid in Lynn on Thursday night. Police are sifting through surveillance video from the store looking for clues."

She called two friends, a length time apart, from two different places, IIRC, the second call was near his house, I assume, as that may have been how the family would have tracked him down perhaps.

Thank you boston_baby for your informative post :tyou: It's great having someone who was a local to Swampscott to give us a better sense of the area. From what I have read it does seem certain areas are more vulnerable to crime than others.

I can't speak for all but agree the RSO should be #1 on the list of suspects but the lack of MSM/LE attention on him is so confusing :banghead:

Can you share any information about the strip of beach (King's Beach) where Jaimee was found? Is it known to be a place to party/illegal activities and is there any commercial fishing that happens in the area other than lobster traps? TIA and again thanks for your post!!! :)

No, it's not known as such. It is an extremely exposed place, and as long as the weather is even KIND of OK is swamped by walkers, dog-walkers, joggers, etc. at all but the most wee hours, evidenced even by the fact that someone was walking on that beach in the bitter cold, the day after a violent storm, and found Jaimee's remains.

The little park on the point between King's and Lynn beach could very easily be a place where people could meet up for a small-scale drug deal or something, but otherwise, no. Right over the wall of that point are some rocks and stuff, and people in the summer climb down there and tidepool by day, make out a tnight, but that's about it. That could, however, wasily be a dangerous place to be on a day of rough seas. When tide is low, you can walk the ledge of the sea wall all the way around the point to Lynn beach, but the waves come up the rocks and cover that ledge when tide is high.

When I say it's an exposed area, everything everyone is doing is readily visible to SOMEONE except for perhaps the very rocks under that point park that I just mentioned. But even then if someone were in the point park and simply looked down, then yes, very exposed. Even though the street level drops down by at least 10 feet (in some places more) to the beach (access via stairs/ramps), the crescent nature of the beach means someone can see across the crescent into every nook and cranny.

There's a ton of fishing out of this area, but for most everything other than lobsters, the boats head out much farther to sea. There are plenty of those boats around, too. They just aren't fishing RIGHT THERE even if they are from a local home harbor. Lobsters are more or less the only thing that's really fished RIGHT there in the bay between Marblehead, Swampscott, Lynn, and Nahant.

There's a ton of fishing out of this area, but for most everything other than lobsters, the boats head out much farther to sea. There are plenty of those boats around, too. They just aren't fishing RIGHT THERE even if they are from a local home harbor. Lobsters are more or less the only thing that's really fished RIGHT there in the bay between Marblehead, Swampscott, Lynn, and Nahant.

Great information. Thanks you very much, boston_baby.

What do you know of the pier near there? In November, I imagine there wouldn't be that many boats ready to launch, or in the water?

Well there is the pier at fisherman's beach in swampscott, and then there's the yacht club at the rotary on the lynnway sidee of the nahant causeway, and there is the Lynn marina just a skip further up the lynnway, near north shor community college. Marblehead has a big harbor, too. Everywhere, really. The swampscott and Marblehead harbors require a dory to get to one's boat mooring. There are no docks for mooring. I am not 100% sure of the setup of the Lynn yacht club or Lynn marinas, never having boarded a boat at either one, but I believe they do have docks for mooring. What there is NOT is an easy place to launch a boat off a truck and trailer. Swampscott fisherman's beach has the only ramp I can think of.

Most pleasure boats would usually be have been pulled by early November, but there may have been a few lollygaggers. There would be tons of lobster boats moored, still, and other fishing boats.

Well there is the pier at fisherman's beach in swampscott, and then there's the yacht club at the rotary on the lynnway sidee of the nahant causeway, and there is the Lynn marina just a skip further up the lynnway, near north shor community college. Marblehead has a big harbor, too. Everywhere, really. The swampscott and Marblehead harbors require a dory to get to one's boat mooring. There are no docks for mooring. I am not 100% sure of the setup of the Lynn yacht club or Lynn marinas, never having boarded a boat at either one, but I believe they do have docks for mooring. What there is NOT is an easy place to launch a boat off a truck and trailer. Swampscott fisherman's beach has the only ramp I can think of.

Most pleasure boats would usually be have been pulled by early November, but there may have been a few lollygaggers. There would be tons of lobster boats moored, still, and other fishing boats.

Thank you for all this information. It just makes me so sad to think about how the RSO may have done all this, as I don't believe she had anyone else to fear that night. Do you think he had enough time? I do. He may have not had the time to go out far enough to account for such a big storm. He would also have had to make sure nobody else stumbled onto his traps.

"Fleury said he was with his girlfriend later on the night of Nov. 6 and would not have had time to “hide a body so well in four hours so 700 people can’t find her,” referring to unsuccessful searches that have taken place this week in Salem, Lynn and Swampscott."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove