Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That struck me as odd, and that as an RSO he could do SM under his own name, as was asked by an WSer early in thread, when all this information first came out in MSM. Aren't those violations of his status?
YOu are speaking in general terms, not in specific response to something I've posted. Correct?

My impression was that he rented it out from an older resident there, IIRC, based on the MSM images from the police searches.

I don't recall any stories mentioning renting a garage, only that one was searched. I always assumed the garage was the one at #23.

Maybe his mail was delivered there, to the garage as #18, to avoid embroiling his relatives' address with his RSO status?

If his relative's address was listed as his RSO address they were already embroiled in it. Anything "official" from the state or authorities is going to go to #23. LE is not going to send him something to any other address.

I was able to find 18 Spring Road on the map. It looks like it's right across from the side road. View attachment 70506

I can see where it's possible he came up with the same search response as you, assumed that house was correct, and just went there. It was dark, and he was anxious to find his friend.

I'll try and do the same as you and duplicate his google search later. Quick looks with that name and Spring Road bring up pages of stories about this case after the fact, so it will take some time to go through and find older hits.

Text copy/pasted from two posts above:
At ABOUT 6:45 to 7 PM Jaimee calls another friend. This is the S.O.S call. Jaimee tells her friend " Mike " ( not his real name,) that she needs a ride. She tells him she is on Spring road and is with JF and she is scared. Mike tells me that he hears the panic in her voice but does not know JF. nor where he lives and tells Jaimee he needs a landmark and she mentions C.V.S., Mike then Googles " Jason Flurey spring rd. " and it comes up 18 spring road Lynn. Mike then goes to 18 spring road and a man with his kids answer the door. It ends up to be a different person and different house. Mike then leaves and searches the area for a couple of hours to no avail.

I'm not at all sure what to make of this. I tried to look up the distance between 18 Spring road and 23 Spring Road. I can't seem to find an address with 18 Spring Road, so I'm not sure how that number could have come up on a google search. Am I missing something? Can someone else try to find #18, please?

From the street map attached Spring road makes a turn, and #23 is at the end. I looked at the street view to see what that turn looks like, is there a street sign, etc. the second attached image shows that turn, and it just looks like someone's driveway. If you were in the dark driving around I can't imagine any one would think that was a legal street to turn onto.

You gotta love Google street view. Please do not be confused by those two poor souls who were fixing a wall when the mighty see-all google camera vehicle went by.
View attachment 70499View attachment 70500

Ok, so....I decided to search "18 spring road, lynn" in my professional capacity, so I am unable to post links to what I found. However, I think you're right - I do not think that address exists. There's an 18 Spring Road in Nahant MA, and it is owned by a Jason (I'm leaving off the last name for privacy purposes), so now I'm wondering if her friend pulled up this address and mistakenly thought it was the same Spring Road that is in Lynn.

I can see where it's possible he came up with the same search response as you, assumed that house was correct, and just went there. It was dark, and he was anxious to find his friend.

I'll try and do the same as you and duplicate his google search later. Quick looks with that name and Spring Road bring up pages of stories about this case after the fact, so it will take some time to go through and find older hits.

Scratch that...you found #18 in a separate search, but not "Jason Flurey" AND #18. so for him to go to that house he would have had a search response that tied "Flurey" (which is not the correct way to spell JF's last name but is the way it is listed above) to that house, not that specific house number.

So we still don't know exactly which house the friend went to.

And now to piggy back off of your above post... If he found "18 spring road" when he searched for Jason on Spring Road, then punched in "18 Spring Road, Lynn" into Google Maps, he probably came up with the same map spot as I did.

I've tried to map this several times and have come up with the exact same hurdles. It makes complete sense how Jamiee's friend was unable to find the right house :(

And now to piggy back off of your above post... If he found "18 spring road" when he searched for Jason on Spring Road, then punched in "18 Spring Road, Lynn" into Google Maps, he probably came up with the same map spot as I did.

But I'm still having trouble figuring out how he came up with #18 spring road. I'm going totally from my own memory right now, but when I did searches for Jason Fleury earlier in the case the only real hits I came up with were his RSO page listing 23 Spring Road that no longer exists because he's moved out of state, but was pasted somewhere into either the FJM FB page or the mother's FB page, not sure which. I think you found the Spring Street listing with the Lynn PD because it's a static page.

If he was using the garage as some sort of mail drop, as FHG suggests, then would that sort of arrangement be "under the radar"? Does the post office deliver to non-existing addresses? Don't know.

The internet can be so fluid, so we may not be able to replicate the search, unfortunately.

And in any case, I'm thinking how much does it matter if he came up with 18? I don't want to get totally sidetracked.

But I'm still having trouble figuring out how he came up with #18 spring road. I'm going totally from my own memory right now, but when I did searches for Jason Fleury earlier in the case the only real hits I came up with were his RSO page listing 23 Spring Road that no longer exists because he's moved out of state, but was pasted somewhere into either the FJM FB page or the mother's FB page, not sure which. I think you found the Spring Street listing with the Lynn PD because it's a static page.

If he was using the garage as some sort of mail drop, as FHG suggests, then would that sort of arrangement be "under the radar"? Does the post office deliver to non-existing addresses? Don't know.

The internet can be so fluid, so we may not be able to replicate the search, unfortunately.

And in any case, I'm thinking how much does it matter if he came up with 18? I don't want to get totally sidetracked.

Did you see my post a few posts back? I proposed a theory on how he may have come up with "18 spring road". I agree, it may not be important, except for that understanding the path her friend may have traveled could open up the door to the possibility that JF still had Jaimee on that street for many hours following her last call.

Ok, so....I decided to search "18 spring road, lynn" in my professional capacity, so I am unable to post links to what I found. However, I think you're right - I do not think that address exists. There's an 18 Spring Road in Nahant MA, and it is owned by a Jason (I'm leaving off the last name for privacy purposes), so now I'm wondering if her friend pulled up this address and mistakenly thought it was the same Spring Road that is in Lynn.

This...

Totally MOO, and sorry, no time for pasting maps. Next line of thought is

They go to Rite Aid.

I've looked at street view of Rite Aid on Lewis Street, only see one outside camera on the parking lot side, right side of store. If she was seen in his vehicle, then they were most likely in the parking lot, not in front (unless there are cameras out front that do not look like cameras?) Can someone else please check for cameras I may be missing?

If She is seen approaching "other" vehicle, the assumption (with only one outside camera) is the other vehicle is in the same lot? At this point I have a hard time thinking this was a heroin deal, as JF stated, because who could be THAT dumb to do a deal in front of a camera? Yeah, JF is not that bright, but the supposed dealers?? You never know, though.

They leave the parking lot, turn left, start heading towards her home (Swampscott is in that general direction, so assuming that is the direction they turn).

For whatever reason he wants to go to his house, turns left onto Eastern Ave to head towards Spring Road. To me from that direction the best way to get to Spring road would be to turn right onto Alden St. If you do this, the building on the corner is Richmond Pharmacy.

On the opposite side of Richmond Pharmacy is a CVS, but from Google street you cannot see the CVS sign because it is set back too far from the curb. You don't see the sign unless you are right there, past the right turn.

As soon as you get past Richmond it opens up on the left to the CVS parking lot and you can see the building, but again, from street view, there is no sign on that side that says "CVS." For her to give CVS as a landmark she had to have known the area, or possibly been there at the store.

Which leads me to think did they stop at CVS, and that's when she called her friend and was not yet creeped out?

I have to stop for now, but please feel free to pick this apart for holes and inconsistencies...

Jaimee would positively know that area. She spent most of her life in that area on Williams avenue. For her to say cvs when turning into whatever street they turned onto would be a reasonable assumption.

There is a camera directly in front if the store catching people walking into the store. I asked JF where he parked when he dropped her off and he told me in front off the store. ( ,another lie )

If She is seen approaching "other" vehicle, the assumption (with only one outside camera) is the other vehicle is in the same lot? At this point I have a hard time thinking this was a heroin deal, as JF stated, because who could be THAT dumb to do a deal in front of a camera? Yeah, JF is not that bright, but the supposed dealers?? You never know, though.

I'm not so sure. I mean, that part of his story fits with this evidence. And let's be serious, how much do you think Rite Aid cares about scanning for drug deals in their parking lot? I doubt you can even tell 100% what was taking place, other that she approached the car then walked off. I'm still under the impression that at least that portion of his story is true, just because it would be a very odd story to make up out of thin air. He did her a "favor" by giving her a ride to Rite Aid; she returned the favor by scoring him some dope. MOO obviously.

I'm not so sure. I mean, that part of his story fits with this evidence. And let's be serious, how much do you think Rite Aid cares about scanning for drug deals in their parking lot? I doubt you can even tell 100% what was taking place, other that she approached the car then walked off. I'm still under the impression that at least that portion of his story is true, just because it would be a very odd story to make up out of thin air. He did her a "favor" by giving her a ride to Rite Aid; she returned the favor by scoring him some dope. MOO obviously.

I know. I guess I'm just a bit naïve, and having a hard time believing/accepting heroin deals in public, in front of cameras. :(

Jaimee would positively know that area. She spent most of her life in that area on Williams avenue. For her to say cvs when turning into whatever street they turned onto would be a reasonable assumption.

Thank you very much, sir. As I read my post over again, along with your reply, another thought has come to mind. I have only been thinking that when she was talking to her friend that the van was parked. Is there a possibility, if you are able to say, that the vehicle was moving when the two friends were talking?

Thank you very much, sir. As I read my post over again, along with your reply, another thought has come to mind. I have only been thinking that when she was talking to her friend that the van was parked. Is there a possibility, if you are able to say, that the vehicle was moving when the two friends were talking?

When I first read FJ's statement about the first phone call, I just assumed they were moving because she told her friend "I'm on the way home" and would call her back. Now I'm curious why you thought they were stopped?

I know. I guess I'm just a bit naïve, and having a hard time believing/accepting heroin deals in public, in front of cameras. :(

All the time. Being sneaky (dark corners, shady areas) attracts more attention than just playing things cool and acting normal in public.

When I first read FJ's statement about the first phone call, I just assumed they were moving because she told her friend "I'm on the way home" and would call her back. Now I'm curious why you thought they were stopped?

She talked to her friend for a "couple minutes". If they were heading straight back to Swampscott, and if she called her friend as soon as they left the store/parking lot, then the left turn onto Eastern Ave to go to Spring road would have happened during that conversation.

Does anyone know where JF's girlfriend lived? Lives? Is she still here, or did she go to Virginia with him?

She talked to her friend for a "couple minutes". If they were heading straight back to Swampscott, and if she called her friend as soon as they left the store/parking lot, then the left turn onto Eastern Ave to go to Spring road would have happened during that conversation.

Does anyone know where JF's girlfriend lived? Lives? Is she still here, or did she go to Virginia with him?

That's a good point. Unless he back tracked. Or maybe he had already said he needed to run by his place first before taking her home, and she just counted that as part of the route home since his place was so close by and she figured they'd only be there for a moment...hmmm.

As for your question I'm not sure. I thought I remember reading something that said she went with him but I don't know for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back