MA - Jeremiah Oliver, 5, found deceased, Worcester, 14 Sept 2013 *Arrest in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Because with most of these dependent women, a bad boyfriend is better than no boyfriend. I've seen it with women who don't even have children. It's a sick way to live.

We need to get to the kids before they become abusive codependent adults. We need to have adequate staffing and budges for CPS agencies so they can take care of the kids they're supposed to take care of. We need mental health services for the abused mothers so they can break out of the cycle before disaster happens. We need thousands more decent foster homes for cases where the kids aren't safe in the home. We need family education in schools and churches. We need jobs training, especially for girls who think all they need to do is find a man. And we need jobs.

The father of a Fitchburg preschooler found dead Friday said he believed the child’s mother, her boyfriend, and others close to the couple were involved in the child’s death and that his son’s body was recently dumped.

Jose Oliver said his 7-year-old daughter, who in December reported Jeremiah missing, told him she saw an adult remove a suitcase from the family’s home one night close to the time that Jeremiah disappeared.

“My daughter [saw] a black suitcase coming out of the house, and . . . they told her go into her room,” he said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ide-highway/geKIE4y1LH3nrnsN5XTCoN/story.html

I'm trying so hard to not judge this man, because I don't know his story. However, now he's a champion for this child, while others sit in foster care.

This story makes me absolutely sick. It may not be the easiest thing in the world to leave an abusive environment, but I speak from personal experience when I say it can be done - especially when children are involved.

As a mother, it is your duty to protect your children. Period.

DCFS' failure to maintain their monitoring just adds another layer of failure and accountability to this child and his siblings, who don't even know their brother is in heaven. :tears:

These stories happen all too often, and I agree with my fellow WSers. It will not stop until "parents" stop putting their own selfish needs before the needs of their children.

Enough.

Rest In Peace Jeremiah

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be getting too political here but 30 seconds before I read this thread I was reading about sending billions of dollars to Ukraine. I was angry and now I think about all of these kids HERE who need help, all of these departments lack funding and deal with budget cuts. What about our children, we need to put them first. I wish I could help everyone in the world but practically that is not possible. But we can make a difference here. The kids here can be cared for and watched after and they can grow up to be the kind of adults who can help the rest of the world....

RIP Jeremiah. :(

well-stated bakerlady

This case breaks my heart into little pieces. This poor little guy.

SC has had major issues with CPS/DSS. The director is set to resign. There is no excuse to allow for child abuse and neglect. If you take this job, and don't have compassion and fear for children, you need a new career. In NC, which is a few miles from me, one DSS supervisor had a child tied to chair on her porch with a chicken tied to his neck. Her house was a filty pig sty and yet she was supervising others on child services.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/1...ested-after-child-found-handcuffed-with-dead/

A bit behind...but NCMEC sent out their notice. :(

Dear Poster Partner:
It is with great sadness and deep regret that we notify you that Jeremiah Oliver missing from Fitchburg, MA, has been located deceased.

Per NCMEC

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd