GUILTY MA - Joanne 'Jo' Ringer, 39, Clarksburg, 2 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Private investigator working on Molly Bish's case has taken on JR's.

"Dr. Sarah L. Stein, a private investigator, Fitchburg State University professor and cold case expert, has taken on the case of Joanne Ringer's disappearance probono, she told MassLive on Wednesday at an Easthampton vigil for the city native.

And after only one day of work on the case, Stein expressed confidence in finding the body of the 39-year-old Clarksburg resident, who went missing March 2.

"I think, based on what we learned yesterday, we have a pretty good idea of where she is," Ringer told MassLive. "It's just a different set of eyes. That's sometimes what can break these cases."
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/sarah_stein_new_pi_on_joanne_r.html

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/stori...ls-in-case-of-missing-clarksburg-woman,512061

Documents reveal chilling details:

CLARKSBURG — Police began tracking the movements of Charles "Chad" Reidy using a GPS device just days after they began investigating the disappearance of his wife, Joanne "Jo" Ringer.

Text messages between the pair signaled a pattern of violent behavior by Reidy against Ringer, including an incident in which he strangled her to the point of unconsciousness. And Ringer allegedly had associations with the Hell's Angels that Reidy told police made him uncomfortable.

More at link

" Within hours of Joanne "Jo" Ringer's disappearance, police believe Charles "Chad" Reidy began destroying evidence to cover up the murder of his wife.

Hundreds of text messages were deleted from his phone and Facebook account from the weeks preceding her March 2 disappearance. He gave inconsistent statements to investigators. And he agreed to a preliminary polygraph screening, an interview during which he made statements that raised further suspicions."

It's also suspected that he used a second cell phone to further cloud his actions during the time of her disappearance.

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/stories/documents-phone-data-reveal-more-details-in-missing-clarksburg-woman-probe,512439

:wagon: to Websleuths, Stavro !! We're glad you're here!!:cheer::cheer:

Local news reporting husband is a suicide. At work, will post a link when possible.
Probably not a great sign...

I have been watching this thread since the first day it was posted that she was missing. I look for updates every single day and I had a sneaky suspicion that her husband might have done something. This is all new to me so if I do something wrong on here please forgive me. I feel so bad for Joanne's daughter! This is awful!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, it is awful -- but we've seen this before, here on Websleuths... Also, we have seen a few wonderful outcomes. We'll just stand by and hope there is a definite resolution to this mystery. So sad for so many.

One more comment,
:welcome: to Websleuths, sherylmatthews!!

:cheer:So glad to have you here!!:cheer:

Is it possible she never even made the trip at all? Perhaps he did something and just said she went, obviously to throw everyone off. I dont get why he would commit suicide if he expected his new wife to come home. So very sad.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bbm
My thoughts, too. And it may take a while to know; it looks like LE's investigation has gotten bigger WRT where she is & what happened to her -- unless her husband left a note and explained what may have happened or what he knew about her departure.

Her car in its location certainly makes it look like she got to Easthampton, but it could have been taken there by someone else, or she could have had a friend go with her and then what, or she could have picked up a hitchhiker and then a bad thing could have happened. All kinds of possibilities, but if her husband's death is indeed a suicide, it may be that her death was at home.

And so, so sad for the families who loved them both.

I finally figured out how to copy a link! Sorry I'm not so computer literate. I just wanted to help, that's all.

And you would be correct!! How embarrassing. I'm not gonna try this anymore for a while. Lol. I misread the whole article. Well, I really am hoping she is found soon! Sorry for the huge mistake!

Don't worry, sheryl, we were all newbies at one time. I've been here a while and I just do what I can. That's why Websleuths works -- we all get there together! And you have already been a big help -- keep it up!
:discuss:...:highfive:...:thumb:...:grouphug:...:justice:

http://s.masslive.com/cgD5dIE

There is a new article about he husband being the prime suspect.

Ouch!! Bless her heart. That sounds very scary. She's worried about her dogs and also worried about herself. What can her family think? Sometimes there's no inkling or no signs of that kind of thing during (what old folks call) courtship. That was the case of a friend of mine. All was bliss, her family loved him, and not long after they were married and had moved out of her hometown, he beat her badly in a fit of anger. She GTH outta there and went back home. Her dad wanted to kill him, but of course did not. She got an annulment and she's happily married now to a great guy. It does happen -- sometimes one of the pair will be on best behavior until they are under the same roof... This doesn't look good for hubby... But nothing is for sure yet. Will the whole story ever come to light? Oh, this makes me wanna just cry. :(

Thanks for the article.

They still haven't found her.

I wonder why they don't want the public to help with the search?

Prayers and hugs of comfort for Jo's daughter and dogs.

bbm

Me, too -- So many times, at least weekend searches are organized -- they have rules and the folks are always good about doing the right things -- and they know they're not just looking for a body, but possibly a shoe, hat, strands of hair stuck to a shrub, etc., etc. Searches can be a big help. Maybe we'll find out why before it's over. But yes, it's odd to me too.

But in his final interview with police, Reidy told them he traveled to Northampton on March 2 to pick up a check. He said his car broke down and he pulled it over on Trumbull Street, near King Street.

He told police he needed to borrow a phone due to spotty cell service in that area.

The quality of his lies was spectacularly bad if this is a good example. Trumball Street is next to Gothic Street; Gothic is where the courthouse is. We have lots of pockets of bad reception in MA, but the downtowns of our smaller cities are not among them.

I wish she had been able to extricate herself from his reach as soon as it was clear things were bad. It's such a sad and terrible story.

Tip campaign on Joanne Ringer disappearance being held Saturday in Berkshires; PI on case says more evidence has been found on property
Months ago, police declared missing woman Joanne "Jo" Ringer all-but-certainly murdered by her late husband, Chad Reidy, who killed himself after she disappeared.

But that's cold comfort to friends, family, loved ones and other interested parties, who want as badly as ever to -- like their slogan says -- "bring Jo home."

On Saturday, Dr. Sarah L. Stein, a private investigator and cold case expert, is hosting the first public event concerning the 39-year-old Clarksburg woman's March 2 disappearance in some time.

I've been wondering if they ever found out anything else. This is just a really sad case to me.

Article from today: http://www.westernmassnews.com/stor...sed-during-tip-campaign-for-missing-jo-ringer

More information on the whereabouts of Jo Ringer, a missing Clarksburg woman has been reported after a successful tip campaign this weekend.

On Saturday, Western Mass News informed the public about a tip campaign in North Adams in an effort to collect more information on the whereabouts of missing Jo Ringer.

Ringer was reported missing back in March. The tip campaign brought in new information; reinforcing theories investigators had.

"We got some information that confirms some of our theories as to where she might be. So it was a very successful day yesterday," said Private Investigator, Dr. Sarah L. Stein.

The tip campaign asked for anonymous information from people who may have seen or heard anything in the time frame around Joanne Ringer’s disappearance back on March 2.

The investigation has since been ruled a homicide. Ringer’s husband, Chad Reidy, who was the sole suspect was found dead of an apparent suicide in April.

More at link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT - Please take a moment to read the latest help request from Tricia. You can see her note called "it is urgent now" under the Missing Persons Discussion forum. Here's a snip:

"You can donate at .com or use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com and you can donate thru PayPal.com or Google Wallet

This is URGENT!!!

There are bills coming up that are not going to be paid and that will start the awful domino effect that could lead to real trouble for Websleuths."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back