MA - Justice for Officer John O’Keefe * NO DISCUSSION * media, timelines, docs * NO DISCUSSION *

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
January 28, 2022, texts

Read (1/28/22, 9:49 a.m.) -- You have really hurt me this time

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 10:02 a.m.) -- I’m sorry. This has been an issue w me for 8 years. It physically hurts me to see EVERYONE else in their life do things for them and I’m forced to ALWAYS be the bad guy.

Read (1/28/22, 10:09 a.m.) -- I am not the same as everyone else. Most of the time I try to do what is healthy/smart for them. More importantly, I try to support you and what you need. You just lashed out at me and said terrible things. I don’t know how you’ve gotten to this point with me when I’m just trying my hardest. You made your point and continue to beat me down. I have a lot going on too. Physically am falling apart and trying to get answers and help.

Read (1/28/22, 10:10 a.m.) -- I am just your girlfriend. I am not a perfect parent. I am trying very hard and sometimes treat them nothing like I used to.

Read (1/28/22, 1:21 p.m.) -- Maybe you can call someone

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 1:46 p.m.) -- Like who?

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 1:47 p.m.) -- What time are you coming here?

Read (1/28/22, 2:06 p.m.) -- I don’t know what time. Feel kinda out of it. Just trying to clear my head

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 2:06 p.m.) -- OK

Read (1/28/22, 2:06 p.m.) -- Text me when you guys settle in later

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 2:06 p.m.) -- Sure

Read (1/28/22, 2:16 p.m.) -- I feel pretty about how this morning went down. I know you said sorry but it really stung. Esp when I’ve been trying pretty hard lately. I feel like a loser turning around just coming back over after everything you said.

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 2:17 p.m.) -- Not sure what else you want me to do. I said I’m sorry and I was outta line. If you prefer to stay home I totally get it

Read (1/28/22, 2:17 p.m.) -- Things in my own life have been difficult too you know.

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 2:17 p.m.) -- I know

Read (1/28/22, 2:25 p.m.) -- Tell me if you are interested in someone else. Can’t think of any other reason you’ve been like this.

June 20, 2024

Software expert testifies​

After Paul, Ian Whiffin took the stand as the prosecution’s 65th witness against Read.

Whiffin is a decoding product manager and former senior digital intelligence expert at Cellebrite, which makes forensic software.

Whiffin examined a search sent by Jennifer McCabe, who has been a focus of questioning from Read’s defense team.

McCabe was at the party at the Albert house the night O’Keefe died and at one point searched “Hos long to die in cold?” on the morning of Jan. 29.

The defense has argued McCabe made the search at 2:27 a.m., hours before O’Keefe’s body was found. McCabe said she made the search later in the day at the urging of Read after Read spotted O’Keefe in the snow.

Whiffin said the search happened at 6:23 a.m., saying “There’s plenty of other evidence” to show him what was going on.

At the time the defense claims the search happened, Whiffin said, McCabe was actually looking up youth sports schedules. Prosecutors said McCabe was home at the time, hours before she learned O’Keefe was missing.

Digital forensic expert Jessica Hyde previously told jurors McCabe’s search could have been timestamped at 2:27 a.m., rather than 6:23 a.m., because that was the time when she first opened the tab where she made the search.

Whiffin on Monday said, if Safari is minimized and operating in the background, time stamps are not updated and searches done hours or days later on the same tab can show a previous timestamp.

Whiffin said McCabe was on WiFi looking at sports schedules at 2:27 a.m. Hours later, she used the same Safari tab to look up information about hypothermia. Whiffin said the subsequent search was logged with the older timestamp.

JUNE 17, 2024

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257