Found Deceased MA - Mary Anderson, 23, Harvard, 16 July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
221806-hrvd-missing-woman.jpg

HARVARD, MASS. (WHDH) - The Harvard Police Department is turning to the public for help finding 23-year-old Harvard resident Mary Anderson.

Police said that Anderson was last seen in Hudson, New Hampshire on July 16 in a navy 2017 Toyota Tacoma, with license plate number 8DXW20.

According to police, Anderson was reported missing by her family on July 17 at approximately 5:00 p.m.

Mary Anderson was last seen in Hudson, New Hampshire on Saturday around 10:30 p.m.

No one has heard from Anderson since then which is uncharacteristic, police said.

SNIPPED:
The family of a missing Harvard woman believes she was abducted after they say personal belongings and a car she doesn’t own were found on and nearby the woman’s property.
SNIPPED:
Anderson’s family reported her missing to Harvard police around 5 p.m. the next day when repeated attempts to contact her were left unanswered. Fearing the worst, Giannino began sharing images of Anderson and her ex-fiancé on Facebook immediately. The posts have been shared hundreds of times.
SNIPPED:
When Sheila Anderson didn’t hear from her daughter, she went to her house where she found a backpack and other “personal belongings” behind a tree. She said she has turned the evidence collected over to the police. She said a Subaru was also found near the property.

rbbm.
''Sheila Anderson said her daughter was supposed to be driving home Saturday night after hanging out with friends in Hudson, New Hampshire. She said the family constantly updates each other with their whereabouts, so when her daughter didn’t come home Saturday night, she knew something was wrong.

“This is not my daughter’s behavior. She is missing. She didn’t as a 23-years-old say, ‘Hey, I’m going to leave my life and my family.’ That’s not what’s happening here. She’s missing and I’m hoping Mary will come back,” she said.''

''Anyone with information is urged to call Harvard police at 978-456-1212.''

HARVARD, Mass. — The family of a missing 23-year-old woman from a small Massachusetts town suspects foul play in her disappearance.

Police in the Worcester County community of Harvard said Mary Anderson was last seen in Hudson, N.H. on Saturday night around 10:30 p.m.

Her family told Boston 25 News she had been hanging out with friends there and believes she made it home to Harvard, about 30 miles away.

Loved ones are convinced that Mary did not leave willingly.

More at Family suspects foul play in 23-year-old Harvard woman’s disappearance

HARVARD, Mass. — The family of a missing 23-year-old woman from a small Massachusetts town suspects foul play in her disappearance.

Police in the Worcester County community of Harvard said Mary Anderson was last seen in Hudson, N.H. on Saturday night around 10:30 p.m.

Her family told Boston 25 News she had been hanging out with friends there and believes she made it home to Harvard, about 30 miles away.

Loved ones are convinced that Mary did not leave willingly.

More at Family suspects foul play in 23-year-old Harvard woman’s disappearance

Odd lack of personal info on the missing woman, IMO.
For instance, did Mary attend college or recently graduate? Did she have a job? What did she do on a typical day?
From the snip below, does her mother mean “she’s never been away” literally? If so, does MA have any health or medical issues that might have contributed to her being relatively “sheltered” for a 23-year old woman?

I also have seen a few news stories like this one (Family of missing Harvard woman suspect abduction) make references to an “ex-fiance” of Mary, but details on this person and their relationship with MA are thin in the reporting so far.
“She’s never been away. This is very much unlike her,” said mother Sheila Anderson. “Please, I beg of you, find my daughter.”

Sheila Anderson has her theories about what may have happened to her daughter.

Boston 25 News is not sharing speculation from family and friends out of respect for the active police investigation that’s underway.

Police are releasing very few details about Mary’s disappearance and aren’t answering questions about the case.

“We’re a tight family. We talk to each other every day. We text each other goodnight, hello, where are you?,” explained Mary’s mother. “How would you feel if your child is gone?”

Mary is the oldest of four children and from a devout Catholic family in a tight-knit town of less than 7,000 people.

Family and friends said they are growing increasingly worried as each hour passes by.

“We know she’s in trouble, and there is information that police aren’t releasing,” said family friend Ali Giannino.”

Last edited:
Odd lack of personal info on the missing woman, IMO.
For instance, did Mary attend college or recently graduate? Did she have a job? What did she do on a typical day?
From the snip below, does her mother mean “she’s never been away” literally? If so, does MA have any health or medical issues that might have contributed to her being relatively “sheltered” for a 23-year old woman?

I also have seen a few news stories like this one (Family of missing Harvard woman suspect abduction) make references to an “ex-fiance” of Mary, but details on this person and their relationship with MA are thin in the reporting so far.
“She’s never been away. This is very much unlike her,” said mother Sheila Anderson. “Please, I beg of you, find my daughter.”

Sheila Anderson has her theories about what may have happened to her daughter.

Boston 25 News is not sharing speculation from family and friends out of respect for the active police investigation that’s underway.

Police are releasing very few details about Mary’s disappearance and aren’t answering questions about the case.

“We’re a tight family. We talk to each other every day. We text each other goodnight, hello, where are you?,” explained Mary’s mother. “How would you feel if your child is gone?”

Mary is the oldest of four children and from a devout Catholic family in a tight-knit town of less than 7,000 people.

Family and friends said they are growing increasingly worried as each hour passes by.

“We know she’s in trouble, and there is information that police aren’t releasing,” said family friend Ali Giannino.”
Sounds truly worrisome and the closeness of the family hits home. I hope she gets home soon. IMO, this should be the top story on boston dot com....not some injury to a pitcher.

“Friends and family worry she's with an ex-boyfriend and say there had been strange social media posts on fake accounts under Mary's name last week.”

When you search her name on FB, there is mention of the ex and a missing poster that includes his info and lists him as missing too.

“Friends and family worry she's with an ex-boyfriend and say there had been strange social media posts on fake accounts under Mary's name last week.”

When you search her name on FB, there is mention of the ex and a missing poster that includes his info and lists him as missing too.
I wonder what the referenced posts are and how her friend knows she didn’t make them. Perhaps the language used in the posts didn’t sound like Mary? From the same article (BBM):

"She had some weird stuff going on with her Snapchat and Instagram accounts that I know was not her posting directly," Abagail said.

Abagail and Mary are friends from high school. She says Mary is a fun, mellow, nice girl. Anyone who knows anything is asked to call the Harvard Police.

I work next door at Devens. It is a former Army base which is now a mixture of military, commercial, and residential. While there has been quite a lot of development in recent years, there are still many abandoned roads, empty buildings, and parking lots (as well as many wooded areas). I wonder if it is worth taking a drive around to look for Mary's truck.

I wonder if he actually has been OFFICIALLY reported missing by anyone other than MA's family, who appears to consider him "missing" because they cannot get in touch with him. The family seems to assume (with good reason, probably) that this ex is involved in/responsible for MA's "kidnapping" but I don't know if that justifies them identifying him as a "missing person."

''Her death appeared to be suspicious, so the department has called in Vermont State Police.

The body of the victim will be brought to the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office in Burlington for an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death. Her identity will be released following further investigation, officials said.''

1658247013241.png
''The Vermont State Police say the woman’s body was found at about 12:55 a.m Tuesday in a vehicle on Elliot Street and that her death appears suspicious.

The scene is believed to be connected to a missing person case out of Massachusetts. The vehicle where the body was found was the same one police were looking for in connection with a missing 23-year-old from Havard, Mass.

Police released no other immediate details and say the investigation is in its preliminary stages.''

MSM confirms. (ETA: OK, they're not confirming name, though I am seeing chatter that it's confirmed so I think we will know in a little while for sure.)

And, sadly, my gut from reading the first post was DV, and I expect that will ultimately be the case here. RIP beautiful.

Detectives with the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office and Massachusetts State Police began a search Tuesday on Still River Road in connection with the disappearance of Mary Anderson, officials confirmed to our sister station WCVB.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayaanie
Back