Found Deceased MA - Michael Gray, 31, locked out of vehicle, called the police & given a ride, Peabody, 11 Dec 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
319826001_517851227043966_2528881643731963197_n.jpg

Peabody Police (MA) Department is seeking the public's assistance locating Michael Gray of Maine. Michael was reported missing from a family member on 12-11-2022 at 10:33 am.

Mr. Gray was last seen after being locked out of his vehicle on Saturday night. Mr. Gray called the Peabody Police for assistance in opening his vehicle, but after entry could not be gained, he was given a ride to a family member's place of employment on Main St in Peabody, MA.

Gray is described as a White Male, age 31, with long brown hair and blue eyes.

We believe that he is operating a 2015 Black Ford Escape MA Reg# 7AF586.

Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact Sgt. Sullivan at 978-538- 6323 or Peabody Police at 978-531-1212.

If I locked myself out of my car the police are probably the LAST people I would call for assistance. I'd call a tow company, a locksmith, a family member or a friend, but I definitely wouldn't bother LE with that. Makes me think that perhaps he wasn't thinking clearly or has some kind of mental handicap. And then for the police to deliver him to a family members' workplace, well that just makes that possibility stronger.

Unless he thought he might possibly freeze to death while waiting to get back in his vehicle.

Last edited:
If I locked myself out of my car the police are probably the LAST people I would call for assistance. I'd call a tow company, a locksmith, a family member or a friend, but I definitely wouldn't bother LE with that. Makes me think that perhaps he wasn't thinking clearly or has some kind of mental handicap. And then for the police to deliver him to a family members' workplace, well that just makes that possibility stronger.

Unless he thought he might possibly freeze to death while waiting to get back in his vehicle.

To my knowledge, police don’t require payment.

To my knowledge, police don’t require payment.
Maybe it depends where you live, or how busy LE is in certain areas….but where I grew up (metro Detroit), I recall having to call police due to being locked out once, and have had friends do so as well. Just about two years ago I was locked out of my car and a policeman happened to see me and came to help. So perhaps it just depends where you live? But also when I was younger — it was definitely because I didn’t have the money for a locksmith! All MOO!

How is he believed to be in the vehicle described if he was locked out? sorry if I missed this
Because it says on the first article that he could be driving a Ford escape

"
Gray is described as a White Male, age 31, with long brown hair and blue eyes.

We believe that he is operating a 2015 Black Ford Escape MA Reg# 7AF586.

Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact Sgt. Sullivan at 978-538- 6323 or Peabody Police at 978-531-1212"

Wow, totally disagree to jump to mental handicap or not thinking clearly for calling the cops over a lockout. Maybe, be if someone’s never had or doesn’t have Aaa or the like, they wouldn’t think they have anyone else to call or can use someone else’s account. I mean of course maybe it’s the case here but it’s not weird at all for someone to do that.

I hope the family member's place of employment has some video surveillance that shows him entering the business after being dropped off, and then what time he left again.

Pointing to comments on Peabody PD in the OP starting with "JVM" about why using the car:

Peabody Police Lt. David Bonfanti told WCVB TV that the officer saw Gray go inside the business.

Police did not disclose who the Ford Escape belongs to.

Maybe it depends where you live, or how busy LE is in certain areas….but where I grew up (metro Detroit), I recall having to call police due to being locked out once, and have had friends do so as well. Just about two years ago I was locked out of my car and a policeman happened to see me and came to help. So perhaps it just depends where you live? But also when I was younger — it was definitely because I didn’t have the money for a locksmith! All MOO!
How did the police get into your car? Where I am from the police do not do those kinds of things. They aren't tow companies and don't have the equipment other than smashing windows.

The FB post linked in the OP sheds a little light I think I understand that the family member POE was his sisters and sounds like (from there) he borrowed her vehicle...perhaps it is her Escape????

But why so vague???

How did the police get into your car? Where I am from the police do not do those kinds of things. They aren't tow companies and don't have the equipment other than smashing windows.
I lived in a small town and the cops would always come to help unlock a car when the driver locked the keys inside the car. They used a tool called a slim jim. I don’t think the tool works on newer vehicles. Now you have to call a company such as Pop-A-Lock.

They just use a slim Jim or at least that’s what we called them here! You slide them down through the window to pull up the manual lock!

My father was a police officer and people call the police all the time to help them get into their cars. Locksmith, etc., is going to charge you a fee, unless you have roadside assistance. Police don't charge.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back