Found Deceased MA - Michael Gray, 31, locked out of vehicle, called the police & given a ride, Peabody, 11 Dec 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How did the police get into your car? Where I am from the police do not do those kinds of things. They aren't tow companies and don't have the equipment other than smashing windows.
Yes, same here in the UK. The police wouldn't help. They wouldn't even turn up. (In fact, they don't even turn up to break-ins or burglaries. You ring up, they'll just give you a crime reference number to give your home insurance company.)

To the people who live in places where the police DO help with being locked out of your car: how do you prove ownership of the car to them? Wouldn't that be difficult to do if you're just stuck at the side of the road?

Yes, same here in the UK. The police wouldn't help. They wouldn't even turn up. (In fact, they don't even turn up to break-ins or burglaries. You ring up, they'll just give you a crime reference number to give your home insurance company.)

To the people who live in places where the police DO help with being locked out of your car: how do you prove ownership of the car to them? Wouldn't that be difficult to do if you're just stuck at the side of the road.

They can run the license plate to see if the vehicle is registered to you.

Peabody Police Looking for Man Who Went Missing After Getting Locked Out of Vehicle

"He is now believed to be operating a 2015 black Ford Escape with Massachusetts registration 7AF586, police said."

This makes it sound like he took a different vehicle from the family member's place of employment and then went missing. What a strange case. I wonder if the vehicle he was locked of is still where he left it?
Right !??!?
So he really did NOT go missing from being locked out of the vehicle, as per the headline on the news article.

He actually went missing AFTER cops gave him a ride to a relative's place of employment.
THEN he went missing.
But with someone else's vehicle??
With the one he was originally locked out of ??

Did anyone see him at this place of employment ??

Are LE the last ones that saw him ??

Sooooo many questions.

Right !??!?
So he really did NOT go missing from being locked out of the vehicle, as per the headline on the news article.

He actually went missing AFTER cops gave him a ride to a relative's place of employment.
THEN he went missing.

Sooooo many questions.

Did the relative actually see him? Is it the relative's vehicle? So many questions.

I hope the family member's place of employment has some video surveillance that shows him entering the business after being dropped off, and then what time he left again.

Pointing to comments on Peabody PD in the OP starting with "JVM" about why using the car:

Thank you for sharing this.
It helped me a lot to try to figure out some things.

I am wondering if maybe an accident happened ??

Sounds like he was a very well liked, respected guy and missed by a lot of family and friends.
Praying he is found soon and I hope they are searching off roads for possible accident.

Thank you for sharing this.
It helped me a lot to try to figure out some things.

I am wondering if maybe an accident happened ??

Sounds like he was a very well liked, respected guy and missed by a lot of family and friends.
Praying he is found soon and I hope they are searching off roads for possible accident.

My thoughts went there too. I wondered what possible route (I 95? or backroads?) and what hazards there might be along the way?

Read the comments on the original post's FB page. There's quite a bit of interesting information there. If its true, there's more going on here. I'm very afraid for Mr. Gray.
Can you share initials of comment you’re talking about? I’m not seeing much in terms of updates or real progress. Hoping he shows up soon!

This is very strange. Doesn't seem to be enough info yet that is reliable other than he is missing.

Has anyone checked his social media, that sort of thing? I'm always a bit unnerved when guys disappear and there is any kind of possible connection to Boston or surrounding, since there is a long history of men disappearing in/around under strange circumstances.

Hopefully he is voluntarily missing and just needed some time to sort something out and will turn up soon. Holidays can be tough for people too.

Michael Gray, 31, missing from Peabody, MA:

1671818449455.png
Peabody Police (MA) Department is seeking the public's assistance locating Michael Gray of Maine. Michael was reported missing from a family member on 12-11-2022 at 10:33 am. Mr. Gray was last seen after being locked out of his car.

Mr. Gray called the Peabody Police for assistance in opening his vehicle, but after entry could not be gained, he was given a ride to a family member's place of employment on Main St in Peabody, MA.

Gray is described as a White Male, age 31, with long brown hair & blue eyes.

Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact Sgt. Sullivan at 978-538- 6323 or Peabody Police at 978-531-1212.

To the people who live in places where the police DO help with being locked out of your car: how do you prove ownership of the car to them? Wouldn't that be difficult to do if you're just stuck at the side of the road?
They normally run the plates. I've had police unlock my car multiple times in Illinois when I was a delivery driver and my car had electrical issues and would auto-lock randomly. My plates at the time were registered to my mother, rather than myself, so I had to also fill out an additional form along with give them my ID. I also locked myself out of my friend's car while on a military base in Texas and had to just fill out a lot of paperwork. Unless the car has been reported stolen, they don't necessarily "confirm" ownership, they just get all your information and signature. If you falsify any of the information, you can be penalized in court. There are 2 towns in the county I live in that will not assist with lockouts (with the exception of a child/pet being locked inside or the car is running) due to liability issues; other towns in my county just have you sign something saying they aren't liable for possible damages that may occur as they try to get into the car.

Right !??!?

THEN he went missing.

Sooooo many questions.
It appears to be the case that the relative lent Mike their car so he could go get the spare key to unlock the locked car and then disappeared. The articles are wording it strangely for some reason.

My husband was an MA officer and yes people do call police for help with getting into cars here if they do not have AAA.

After reading a few seperate articles it seems Micheal had was given a ride to his sisters work in MA from officer. What i understand is: He used his sisters car to drive to get his spare carkeys back in Maine. It was after embarking on this journey for his spare keys that he 'dissapeared' and since has not been seen.

His sisters car that he is driving is ALSO a ford escape; the plate of this car being "7AF 586".

The state police in surrounding states are continuing to investigate.

My husband went to highschool with this man...We are both curious how this situation will turn up.

It would be somewhat difficult to “prove” ownership to any locksmith, whether you are locked out of your car, your home or your business.

The police or locksmith takes your basic information, including ID, and if you are a car thief who knew the keys were locked inside the car, you just successfully stole a car after showing your face and giving identifying info to the police/locksmith.

I’m guessing this crime doesn’t happen often because it’s easier to just break a window and steal a car.

Edit: JMO

I unfortunately believe he must have had an accident in his sisters car trying to retrieve his spare keys :(
I think he would have reached out otherwise, its been so long and so cold! :(

I unfortunately believe he must have had an accident in his sisters car trying to retrieve his spare keys :(
I think he would have reached out otherwise, its been so long and so cold! :(
This is what I think is most likely as well. If he just wanted to run off, why would he not do so in his own car after retrieving the car keys?

Has anybody seen anything about his phone? Have they mentioned pings or if his phone was shut off at a certain point? If it was an accident, I would think they would have thoroughly searched the area of his last phone ping...

There is so little information to go off of here and many people seem confused by everything that has been put out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zorboz
Back