MA MA - Molly Bish, 16, Warren, 27 Jun 2000

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nor do I, my feeling is he approached and presented a weapon or even possibly a badge, and forced her to walk out of there

but the "can you help me" approach is also possible

Again interesting post but I would go for a forced brutal adduction and to me this guy was rather good at that because he had done it before. Just my opinion. He could snatch people quickly and poor Molly was at sixteen years old no match for him on her lookout tower. He might have engaged in some conversation but the actual abduction would have been quick and brutal in my opinion. As I say interesting thoughts and different peoples perspectives. I think you are right about the weapon which may have been a gun or knife. My suspect the Connecticut River Killer was keen on his knife. He may have marched her to a vehicle but however he did it, it would have been quick.

Last edited:
Again interesting post but I would go for a forced brutal adduction and to me this guy was rather good at that because he had done it before. Just my opinion. He could snatch people quickly and poor Molly was at sixteen years old no match for him on her lookout tower. He might have engaged in some conversation but the actual abduction would have been quick and brutal in my opinion. As I say interesting thoughts and different peoples perspectives.

And drag a possibly fighting , screaming kicking 16 year old some 200 yards to where he bloodhounds tracked her scent last?

If you say so

And drag a possibly fighting , screaming kicking 16 year old some 200 yards to where he bloodhounds tracked her scent last?

If you say so

No I think you might be right with the weapon bit. If you notice I have changed my post a little because I think some of what you say is right:)

Again interesting post but I would go for a forced brutal adduction and to me this guy was rather good at that because he had done it before. Just my opinion. He could snatch people quickly and poor Molly was at sixteen years old no match for him on her lookout tower. He might have engaged in some conversation but the actual abduction would have been quick and brutal in my opinion. As I say interesting thoughts and different peoples perspectives. I think you are right about the weapon which may have been a gun or knife. My suspect the Connecticut River Killer was keen on his knife. He may have marched her to a vehicle but however he did it, it would have been quick.

Of course the main thing is to find the offender in these cases and speculation about how the crimes occur like mine above does not change the offender and the horrible outcome. Just want to make the point again that I believe the offender had likely committed many crimes before and if you catch him for this one you catch him for others. I think because of this the offender was very good at controlling crime scenes and installing fear hence Molly probably did not make that much noise at the crime scene and it appears to be a relatively remote location. Not saying all the answers are in their but too me this Dark Minds video has a good part about Molly's case. I also think nasty as it sounds the killer hunted people as others may hunt animals and may have travelled extensively to do this and may or may not have been a local. It might be someone who enjoyed studying terrain of other areas like it was a military operation and was able to pick it up quickly but returned to areas he was familiar with even though not that close to his home:

Last edited:
Of course the main thing is to find the offender in these cases and speculation about how the crimes occur like mine above does not change the offender and the horrible outcome. Just want to make the point again that I believe the offender had likely committed many crimes before and if you catch him for this one you catch him for others. I think because of this the offender was very good at controlling crime scenes and installing fear hence Molly probably did not make that much noise at the crime scene and it appears to be a relatively remote location. Not saying all the answers are in their but too me this Dark Minds video has a good part about Molly's case. I also think nasty as it sounds the killer hunted people as others may hunt animals and may have travelled extensively to do this and may or may not have been a local. It might be someone who enjoyed studying terrain of other areas like it was a military operation and was able to pick it up quickly but returned to areas he was familiar with even though not that close to his home:

In the Dark Minds episode, "Blonde, Blue-Eyed, and Gone", when the author and the ex-detective are discussing where Molly Bish's bathing suit was found on Whiskey Hill in June 2003, when you look in the background, you can see how high up the hill they are by the cars that are passing below. That is why I always wondered if Molly Bish's body was buried on the side of the hill? Maybe psychologically the person that killed her wanted to just "bury" their crime. And without the hunter and the ex-detective, Molly Bish might today still be a missing person.

I think the road below Whiskey Hill is called Ware Road. The significance of burying a body is that you cannot see it. You would have to be comfortable in that spot. So I have always thought whoever it was that killed Molly Bish has probably traveled Ware Road a lot.

When I first looked at Molly Bish's case I thought the body dump site was probably a place where the killer did not care if she was found, especially if she was killed within the first few hours as is the case in a lot of these abductions. I do not think that anymore. After I saw the Dark Minds episode and realized that if two people doing a show were going to take the shortest route, they would probably walk down the hill and not up it, I think where Molly Bish's remains were found holds some significance to her killer.

Where does Molly Bish's killer live? Why did he choose Whiskey Hill in Palmer, MA?

If we assume the picture of the crime scene from the 48 hours mystery episode is accurate, I had a question. Maybe this is a dumb question, but I do not know so I thought I would ask in case anyone knows.

The witness who arrived around 10:20am and saw Molly Bish's stuff set up said the following:

…"first aid kit was wide open, backpack was on the bench, her towel was draped over the back of the chair, her sandals were in front, and her Palm Springs water bottle was in the right heel"

The first thing the witness seemed to notice was the first aid kit was wide open. But I do not see it.
So what item in the picture is the first aid kit? How was it open? Was the first aid kit the big black bag next to her chair?

Or is the picture on 48 hours just a re-creation for the show?

The one thing I thought when I heard the witness speak is that she was very observant and detailed. I think she would be a good detective.

Sorry if this has been answered, I'm looking for a way to search just this thread to see if any DNA been found and has it all been tested? Seems DNS is the key to finding how did this.

Sorry if this has been answered, I'm looking for a way to search just this thread to see if any DNA been found and has it all been tested? Seems DNS is the key to finding how did this.

Hi I am not LE so I do not know all the details about the forensic evidence in this case. I do not think there was a known DNA sample a few years ago but evidence was sent off for testing. Possible things to be tested include cigarette butts as a suspect was seen smoking. I am not sure if there was any DNA evidence from Molly. Others may have more details or correct me:

Molly Bish Murder Investigation: Police Outsource DNA Testing Of Evidence | HuffPost

I see familiar DNA was used to solve the Allison Feldman murder. Might be a new tool to use for old cases, if DNA can be found..

June 26 2019 rbbm.
19 years later, family hopes new DNA testing will lead to Molly Bish killer
"Investigators are testing DNA from that scene and the the scene a few miles away on Whiskey Hill where Molly's remains were found years later.

Testing on evidence and several persons of interest has been done in the past, but they haven't been able to come up with a solid DNA profile"

"The hope is that this new testing will eventually lead to phenotype DNA testing and a physical profile of a suspect to help find Molly's killer.

Investigators have been in touch with Parabon Labs in Virginia which specializes in this technology.

Right now, DNA testing is being done at the state crime lab and out of state."

There is a new website called Murder Matters. A husband and wife team(Tommy and Rachel MacDonald), who specialize in home improvement and artistic creation, talk to the families of unsolved murder victims while they work on a home improvement project. The man's sister, Grace MacDonald, was murdered back in 1990, and that case has never been solved. It was his inspiration for the website idea. It looks like one of their first series has to do with the unsolved murder of Molly Bish. They have a few episodes for the Molly Bish case. I thought it was kind of a unique idea. Their first episode is below.

There is a new website called Murder Matters. A husband and wife team(Tommy and Rachel MacDonald), who specialize in home improvement and artistic creation, talk to the families of unsolved murder victims while they work on a home improvement project. The man's sister, Grace MacDonald, was murdered back in 1990, and that case has never been solved. It was his inspiration for the website idea. It looks like one of their first series has to do with the unsolved murder of Molly Bish. They have a few episodes for the Molly Bish case. I thought it was kind of a unique idea. Their first episode is below.

Actually quite an interesting and novel approach, thanks!

The blog I posted above is related to this video and here is another one this time with Molly's Mum:

Finding ME: A Guest Post by Magi Bish – Murder Matters

I have a lot of questions about this case that I know will probably never be answered. I know police have probably cleared those closest to the case in terms of their alibis, but I still wonder even if the most likely suspect is the man from the day before in the white car. When you cannot eliminate anybody it is hard to make conclusions.

Another question I had was if Molly's work supervisor was painting a fence nearby with another man, wouldn't that man be the work supervisor's alibi instead of the Disappeared program about the case saying the alibi was running int0 Molly's brother at the hardware store?

The home improvement aspect from the Murder Matters website made me think about painting fences so I was curious. If using a high powered sprayer, then most likely the person would wear a surgical type mask so as not to inhale any fumes. With just a roller or a paint brush the person would probably have paint on them. I watched a video of someone painting with just a brush. At the end they panned the video to their arm and it was covered from the elbow down in paint spots. Little flecks of paint must have been coming off the brush as it was brushed back and forth.

The person who did the digitour of Commin's Pond showed that there is a hill at the back of the cemetery to provide some cover for a vehicle parked in back. The writer from the Dark Minds program showed that you cannot see the beach from the parking lot until you walk closer. It seems like this person committed the perfect crime in terms of locations. And that is probably why this case has been such a tough case to solve.

Please refresh my memory - how many days had Molly been working at Commin's Pond?

I think her mother said it was her 8th day at work (June 27, 2000). I do not know whether she is including weekends and non-work days, but I think she is. So Molly Bish's first day at work as lifeguard would have been June 20, 2000.

But then you have her brother who said he was training her, him being the previous lifeguard, so I am guessing June 20, 2000 was the first day she was out on Commins Pond beach working alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast
Back