MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JHall7news

Trooper Guarino explains WAZE data. He testifies O'Keefe's was not wearing an apple watch...says health data on his phone was "tricked" into thinking he was climbing or descending stairs. He says at the point this registered O'Keefe was in the Lexus heading to fairview.

We are in a 20 min break.

I'm curious if this is possible. I have an iPhone and do use the Health app step counter. I also live by the Rockies, so I'm often driving up into the mountains, often thousands of feet of elevation gain. I can't say I've ever noticed this phantom-step counter behavior while driving.

I went online and searched to see if others had experienced this. I see a few discussions, but they seem to be from around 2015/2016:

It seems unlikely to me that this is still an issue (as the phone should easily be able to distinguish between walking and driving). But I don't know enough to 100% rule it out either.

I'm curious if this is possible. I have an iPhone and do use the Health app step counter. I also live by the Rockies, so I'm often driving up into the mountains, often thousands of feet of elevation gain. I can't say I've ever noticed this phantom-step counter behavior while driving.

I went online and searched to see if others had experienced this. I see a few discussions, but they seem to be from around 2015/2016:

It seems unlikely to me that this is still an issue (as the phone should easily be able to distinguish between walking and driving). But I don't know enough to 100% rule it out either.
AJ/Yanetti will be on to him shortly!

Anytime I need Apple answers I go to other sites. I dont find the Apple Community useful. But, that is just me.
I am all things Apple too. Got it all! moo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50