MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take that bet ;)

I’m not suggesting the jurors aren’t smart or informed, just that I wouldn’t expect them to assume a parallel FBI investigation.

Are you local? I mean, it's been multiple cases and headline news. And then there's Proctor's behavior.

IMO, no way several jurors don't know about the many problems with the "staties", and I can't see it not coming up very quickly. How many other "other cases" could be related to this?

We don't know if he had tried do we. Even if he was indeed using her for a babysitter doesn't make him a bad guy. We haven't heard/seen any text messages or voice messages John left Karen. From what has been presented in court Karen was the aggressor trying to engage by pushing his buttons and not giving him space.
Begging for a ride, offering to do some plumbing work at her home, telling her that he assumed she was staying at his place through the snowstorm isn’t really him asking for space IMO. Not to mention the video of them being affectionate that evening.
He clearly doesn’t want to talk to her on the phone while the texting is happening, but the reason he gives is because his niece is in the room. I can see why she is frustrated.

So Dr Rentschler has provided expert evidence for the CW (of PA, not MA) on two criminal trials within the last month which the prosecution case involved the victim dying from being beaten where the defense is claiming they died from... something else.

And here he'll be testifying for the defense where they claim the victim died from beating but the CW are claiming he died of... something else.

JMO

@BienickWCVB

Lally says he learned what he wanted to from the hearing, about who did what to produce the report. Says the ARCCA experts should not be able to testify to "number 4."

Sounds as if the Wolfe and Rentschler determined contact with the roadway did not cause O'Keefe's head injuries.

Judge issues no ruling at the end of the hearing. No court tomorrow. Testimony resumes on Thursday.

I suspect there are a number of smart, informed jurors on this case who may not have followed the KR case but are fully aware of the troubles with the state police and what the FBI has been doing with regard to exposing them. Even if it's only a few who have figured it out, I can't see it not coming up in deliberations. I'd put money on it being the first topic of discussion.
Hopefully not lest it cause a mistrial.
Right now Judge appears none too happy regarding how things are going.
I thought her comment about Dr Russel was extraordinarily insensitive, if not cruel.

I would say running over your domestic partner with your SUV, in a fit of rage, would be very reasonably considered DV... by everyone.
So being accused of murder is proof of DV. And this so called DV is proof of murder. Nice circular logic there. Meanwhile no evidence of actual DV has been presented or even alleged.

Are you local? I mean, it's been multiple cases and headline news. And then there's Proctor's behavior.

IMO, no way several jurors don't know about the many problems with the "staties", and I can't see it not coming up very quickly. How many other "other cases" could be related to this?
Boston born and raised (go Celtics).

They haven’t used the terminology “other case,” to my knowledge in KR’s trial. And jurors are instructed to avoid the news and are screened for any preexisting knowledge during jury selection.

Not interested in arguing tbh - just my opinion that jurors will not automatically jump to that conclusion.

Russell did not struggle with her assessment. Omg
Egregious comment IMO.
Dr Russel was not made feel welcome, she entered a most hostile environment and the spat between Jackson and Judge was still simpering.

There was no need for it at all.

Any of it.

Now CW will come up with a dog expert stating not a dog...
another Rancher perhaps.

Boston born and raised (go Celtics).

They haven’t used the terminology “other case,” to my knowledge in KR’s trial. And jurors are instructed to avoid the news and are screened for any preexisting knowledge during jury selection.

Not interested in arguing tbh - just my opinion that jurors will not automatically jump to that conclusion.
Pretty sure I have heard them say "Other proceeding" or "another proceeding". Just what I recall.

Hopefully not lest it cause a mistrial.
Right now Judge appears none too happy regarding how things are going.
I thought her comment about Dr Russel was extraordinarily insensitive, if not cruel.
RBBM Agree with this. Jury must do their best to follow their instructions and the evidence presented and not speculate otherwise. If they aren't told it's the fbi then should not come into their deliberations or speculation amongst them. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hirundo