MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TedDanielnews

Judge tells ADA Lally to find a rebuttal witness in case she allows Dr. Russell to testify. Lally says that could be done in a week.

10:50 AM · Jun 18, 2024
Good luck to Lally on this one. Unless he puts up another “expert” like what he’s done thus far, I suspect he will struggle to find anyone reputable that will dispute Dr Russell’s conclusions. Otherwise, they would’ve presented him or her instead of the ridiculous “expert” testimony we’ve seen already.

Looking at that photo, I can exactly see a dog biting and it's claw marks on either side of the bite mark. Exactly how a dog would "hold" you as it bit. IMO
This is the photo I first saw very early on in my knowledge of the case that made me decide categorically that this man was the victim of a dog attack. No one can convince me otherwise.

@TedDanielnews

Dr. Marie Russell is excused. Judge says she doesn't know if she will be allowed to testify and asks if she'll be around for a few days. Judge says we'll let you know

10:35 AM · Jun 18, 2024
This woman is ridiculously more qualified and credible than ANY of the witnesses brought forth by the CW. What is there to think about??? GMAB.

Hopefully not lest it cause a mistrial.

The jurors can't follow the Read case or anything associated with it, but they are not required to wipe their memories of past deeds by state troopers or FBI involvement in other cases involving state troopers. Discussion of possible FBI involvement during deliberations will not result in a mistrial.

Expertise​

• soft tissue wounds and infections - gunshot wounds, stab wounds, patterned wounds
  • wound ballistics
  • dog bites, law enforcement and civilian
  • gang violence
  • nonverbal gang communication -the forensic significance of tattoos,graffiti. hand signs and dress ("colors")
  • forensic significance of gang graffiti,dress and tattoos
  • domestic violence - elder abuse,child abuse
  • homicide and serial homicide
  • gunshot, stab and patterned wounds
  • correctional (jail) medicine
  • police abuse
  • police procedures and techniques -pepper spray, restraint procedures,Taser
  • forensic pathology
  • clinical forensic medicine

Additional Information​

• Fellow, American College of Emergency Physicians Consultant, Los Angeles Regional Poison Control Center

Police abuse.

@JHall7news

The Judge asks Wolfe what he was asked to do - he says he was asked to do an analysis based on info he was given. Cannone: who sent you the information?

He says it was the FBI and the dept of justice. That's the first time the FBI has been mentioned openly. Of course jury is not present.
Do we really believe that not a single juror is watching/following this stuff outside the courtroom? Asking for a friend.

Do we really believe that not a single juror is watching/following this stuff outside the courtroom? Asking for a friend.

I don't know, but it's been my personal experience at least that most jurors really do take their job seriously.

If a juror or two did obtain outside info and let the other jurors know, they'll get reported. These jurors have worked too long at this. I suspect something like this happened with the last juror dismissed, which is why several other jurors were called up to speak with the judge.

I want to believe that juries take their duties seriously. If any have been,even inadvertently, then imo it's bad news. It's a different state but a juror was dismissed during Murdaugh trial for accidentally mentioning case to another person IIRC. Judge Newman emphasised juror had done nothing wrong but they still had to go cos future appellate issue. (in this case judge received email from person this juror spoke to outside court). moo

Good luck to Lally on this one. Unless he puts up another “expert” like what he’s done thus far, I suspect he will struggle to find anyone reputable that will dispute Dr Russell’s conclusions. Otherwise, they would’ve presented him or her instead of the ridiculous “expert” testimony we’ve seen already.
Idk what the Judge would say, but aren’t they entitled to have rebuttal after the defense case in MA? I have no idea if Lally would go that route .

The jurors can't follow the Read case or anything associated with it, but they are not required to wipe their memories of past deeds by state troopers or FBI involvement in other cases involving state troopers. Discussion of possible FBI involvement during deliberations will not result in a mistrial.
I'm not worried about the jurors seeing something they're not meant to see.
My concern is that it will be blurted out in open court.

I don't know, but it's been my personal experience at least that most jurors really do take their job seriously.

If a juror or two did obtain outside info and let the other jurors know, they'll get reported. These jurors have worked too long at this. I suspect something like this happened with the last juror dismissed, which is why several other jurors were called up to speak with the judge.
I am so curious about that.

Sue O Connell mentioned it several times in tweets the next day.

The empty chair.

Described the juror as a most engaged juror..

I was wondering what she knows..

That makes sense.

This is the photo I first saw very early on in my knowledge of the case that made me decide categorically that this man was the victim of a dog attack. No one can convince me otherwise.
This is my first time seeing this pic up close and I have no idea how that could be attributed to any sort of vehicle incident. Also, just throwing this out there, not sure about Canton but my part of MA has lots of coyotes in populated areas that are not afraid of humans at all. Wondering if these could have been caused in the yard by a wild animal after he was already incapacitated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hirundo