MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three photos of the injuries to JOK's right arm. These were introduced during Dr Marie Russell's time as a witness today.

The first photo I have rotated 180* (NOT inverted ;)) for perspective, assuming JOK was upright and may have had arms held up high in an attempt to keep them clear of an aggressive dog.
Easy to imagine the ones on the right in particular being scratch marks trailing down.arm1.jpg

Other two photos as they were presented to the court.
arm2.jpgarm3.jpg

Three photos of JOK right arm that were introduced during Dr Marie's time as a witness today.

This particular photo I have rotated 180* (NOT inverted ;)) for perspective, assuming JOK was upright and may have had arms held up high in an attempt to keep them clear of an aggressive dog.
Easy to imagine the ones on the right in particular being scratch marks trailing down.View attachment 511373

Other two photos as they were presented.
View attachment 511374View attachment 511375
Dispersion is too wide to be anything but dog bites and scratches IMO

They appear that way to me. The suggestion that they could have been caused by a shattered tail light is completely preposterous.

I truly hope they let Dr Russell present her findings to the Jury, she was cut short on the stand today. I'd really like to hear her comment in more detail.

This is my first time seeing this pic up close and I have no idea how that could be attributed to any sort of vehicle incident. Also, just throwing this out there, not sure about Canton but my part of MA has lots of coyotes in populated areas that are not afraid of humans at all. Wondering if these could have been caused in the yard by a wild animal after he was already incapacitated?
I've had that thought too...a wild animal, a stray, a runaway pet all could have caused those lacerations.

And I'm kind of surprised the Commonwealth hasn't pursued that as an explanation for the wounds instead of sticking to this ridiculous story that they were caused from John's arm hitting the taillight. Especially once you take a look at the puncture marks on the hoodie that are 2-3mm in diameter.

Although I suppose that a wild animal/stray is unlikely to just bite/scratch a man on his arm and walk away. More likely there would be marks all over his body.

Three photos of JOK right arm that were introduced during Dr Marie's time as a witness today.

This particular photo I have rotated 180* (NOT inverted ;)) for perspective, assuming JOK was upright and may have had arms held up high in an attempt to keep them clear of an aggressive dog.
Easy to imagine the ones on the right in particular being scratch marks trailing down.View attachment 511373

Other two photos as they were presented.
View attachment 511374View attachment 511375
Come on. These were caused by tail light shards but no blood or bodily material found on said shards?? Did the cw even analyse the shards mentioned in court by T Paul/Tully ? I can't get over how absurd the CW's assertion is. It will be crystal clear to the jury I would think when they see these photos (did they see them during cw's absurd jmo accident reconstruction bs?). I hope Dr Russel is permitted to testify. It's astounding how far cw is from logical truth finding. It's 'winning' at all costs at the expense off truth. moo

Will the jury see those photos of JO if Dr Russel isn't allowed to testify? Surely they must see them.
Did they not see them during cw accident recon testimony? Surely they cannot be expected to assess cw theory credibility without seeing them? I didn't see all that testimony and assumed Lally would have had to show them or how do jury know what he is talking about. Do you mean they haven't seen them?

Eta wow talk about arrogance on cw's part. Present some rubbish accident reconstruction without deeming it necessary for jury to see all relevant evidence.

Today has been the most obvious of all that the Judge is biased against the defense. I feel it is truly unbelievable what I am witnessing. Thankfully Jackson and Yannetti have such veracity, patience, and true passionate fight in their hearts for this case and for Karen's innocence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are there photos or descriptions of the head injury already available to us?
The portion of the injuries to JOK's arm that intrigue me are the deep scratches to the underside of the bicep. These obviously represent relative motion and parts on a car pretty much move horizontally. CW has attributed those to the tail light lens, but I can't quite create a scenario where cuts tapering like that, in that location and in that direction, could be caused by impact from a moving car. . If he was on his knees, leaning hard to the left, with hand raised to his head, the bumper would have hit something else as well...and I still can't support contact and motion from that angle.

@BienickWCVB

She did a year of pre-med at MIT, attended BPD police academy, has a BS from Northeastern and MD from UMass in 1987. Later did residencies at LA-USC trauma center and LA County coroner's office.

Russell said she treated and oversaw treatment for numerous patients from car crashes and other trauma, including animal attacks.
DBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member