MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
CW has attributed those to the tail light lens, but I can't quite create a scenario where cuts tapering like that, in that location and in that direction, could be caused by impact from a moving car.
Yes, and in my opinion it was very misleading to the jury that these injuries were commented on by anyone not trained to recognise them.

I mean, a Police Officer was found dead on the ground, with a range of different injuries. How about we hear from the Medical Examiners first instead of this ridiculous charade of text messages and deleted searches.

Also two of today's witnesses who are in a far better position to offer their opinions on those injuries than a trooper -

Dr Marie Russell who has particular experience with animal attacks
Dr Andrew Rentschler who specializes in biomechanical engineering - in particular figuring out how injuries to the human body came to be.

Last edited:
I can’t believe no one had good home security videos in that immediate area. I know ring is motion activated but you can buy a Google nest cam (or similar) that records 24/7. Idk I would think cops of all people would want home security to be a top priority, no matter how safe or sleepy they deem their town/city to be.

I’m so tired of the guessing games. IMO a simple video would show if he was hit by a car, even during a blizzard. Or it would show whatever else happened. This was 2022, not 1992. I’m just frustrated.

I can’t believe no one had good home security videos in that immediate area...

They probably did. It's not beyond the realms of possibility to think that all kinds of video evidence that didn't fit the CW narrative may have magically disappeared.

Like the Police garage video that was not only inverted (mirror image) but had people appearing and disappearing all through it because so many chunks of the footage had been cut.
Also anyone else notice that it looked very much like it was recorded on VHS tape?

I bet JO was having a fist fight with someone in the house and Chloe came to that person's defence, attacking JO.
MOO.

My family member started fostering a German shepherd recently. He’s a good boy, just young, excited and full of energy. My son was playing with his uncle and the dog jumped up to join and left pretty good marks on him. So I can only imagine what Chloe would do, because we know she had a history of attack(s?) which are obviously much more damaging.

They probably did. It's not beyond the realms of possibility to think that all kinds of video evidence that didn't fit the CW narrative may have magically disappeared.

Like the Police garage video that was not only inverted (mirror image) but had people appearing and disappearing all through it because so many chunks of the footage had been cut.

You’re right, and that is part of my frustration. It’s so hard to believe that no video exists at all. I mean, not even being set off by the cars coming and going from the A’s house that night. It’s not a reach to say that video could have magically disappeared, sadly.

To be fair, the CW likely couldn’t find experts to say what they needed, so they had to take what they could get.

And if that's the case, the CW, and in particular Lally, doesn't deserve any more fairness. He shouldn't be prosecuting a case when he can't even find a single expert who can explain how the deceased died.

He took an oath to:

refrain from prosecuting where the prosecutor lacks a good faith belief that probable cause to support the charge exists, and refrain from threatening to prosecute a charge where the prosecutor lacks a good faith belief that probable cause to support the charge exists or can be developed through subsequent investigation;

I believe they were introduced during Trooper Paul's testimony and he said they were consistent with a car/pedestrian accident. The issue is, he is not at all qualified to make comment on these injuries.
Or on anything really! poor kid.
Trooper Paul was a sacrificial lamb if I ever saw one. No one deserves to be humiliated the way that he was by being shoved into that position.

Now who do we know, who is responsible for the staff assigned to the investigation, and who might have been mean enough to make that decision...
PROCTOR

I can’t believe no one had good home security videos in that immediate area. I know ring is motion activated but you can buy a Google nest cam (or similar) that records 24/7. Idk I would think cops of all people would want home security to be a top priority, no matter how safe or sleepy they deem their town/city to be.

I’m so tired of the guessing games. IMO a simple video would show if he was hit by a car, even during a blizzard. Or it would show whatever else happened. This was 2022, not 1992. I’m just frustrated.

I believe that if there were ring camera videos in and around the 34 Fairview address, these were all " Re-homed". Funny, but true. MOO

Are there photos or descriptions of the head injury already available to us?
The portion of the injuries to JOK's arm that intrigue me are the deep scratches to the underside of the bicep. These obviously represent relative motion and parts on a car pretty much move horizontally. CW has attributed those to the tail light lens, but I can't quite create a scenario where cuts tapering like that, in that location and in that direction, could be caused by impact from a moving car. . If he was on his knees, leaning hard to the left, with hand raised to his head, the bumper would have hit something else as well...and I still can't support contact and motion from that angle.
I wondered about the silver metal piece that was sticking out as mentioned by Kerry R. I’m not a recon person to detail how that might occur.

My family member started fostering a German shepherd recently. He’s a good boy, just young, excited and full of energy. My son was playing with his uncle and the dog jumped up to join and left pretty good marks on him. So I can only imagine what Chloe would do, because we know she had a history of attack(s?) which are obviously much more damaging.
I've seen a LOT of videos of military and police training of dogs. Mostly these are Belgian Malinois/German Shepherds. They are trained to go for the arm when their trainer is attacked.

I wondered about the silver metal piece that was sticking out as mentioned by Kerry R. I’m not a recon person to detail how that might occur.
The entire area was obv not smashed out at that time Kerri saw this, she had mentioned small hole, piece sticking out that concerned her someone could get hurt on that sticking out. Also, that the rest of the tail light was covered with snow. NO idea why she didn't bother to wipe it all off, just in a frenzy and hurrying into JO's with KR I believe that time was.

It's just so weird seeing a trial where the prosecution are presenting a case where they are facing a mountain of damning bad facts and coming up with the sort of bizarre and adventurous excuses for them that you usually see from a defendant facing a mountain of evidence against them.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member