MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BienickWCVB

Lally asks if Russell is aware that no canine DNA was found in this case. She says, "Yes, but there was clothing in between." Lally says the testing was done on the clothing. Russell cannot recall which lab did the DNA testing.

Russell says she has reviewed a dog-bite history for Chloe, the dog that lived at 34 Fairview Road. The report has pictures of what Chloe's bite marks look like. Lally asks if those marks are similar to O'Keefe's injuries. "No, but..." she says.

Russell says these injuries do not like blunt force injuries. Says as an ER doc, she's trained to come to quick decisions.

Jackson begins re-direct questioning. Russell finishes the answer she started to give earlier about why a specific animal can leave different marks in different cases.

Jackson asks three times what Russell's final conclusion is about O'Keefe's injuries. Lally objects each time. Judge sustains. Sidebar.

And the defense hasn’t been doing that all along?
The two defense witnesses so far have been neither withholding or obtuse and I see no reason for Lally's sudden transformation to shouting and interrupting witnesses. Imo defense attorneys have not come across as rude even when severely provoked by the likes of JMc for example moo

eta but to be completely honest I no longer feel I can be objective at this point because I realise and admit to now feeling an intense loathing for Lally.

And the defense hasn’t been doing that all along?
No, actually.
They were all allowed to finish their testimonies, she was not even permitted to finish her sentences. She was treated with contempt and the jurors are not impressed.

Her message is for the jurors, she was not permitted to give it to them and it's information they want and need in order to make their decisions.

THAT comment was a stunner. Is she the one that said he did not die from being in a fight: sounds like it. It was awful to hear someone in her position to be so absurd, what is her reference then? How would the person look? Like John with eye area like it was and being possibly BASHED from behind like thousands of people who are killed that way >

I think Lucky the Plow driver now has a fan club.
I've got to find a vid of his interview. Sounds like no one is going to put Lucky in the corner.

I don't get this question from Lally. Of course it's normal, a dog will bite wherever it can reach. My mom once got bitten on one leg. I know others who've got bitten on just one hand.

I don't see why anyone would ever think a dog's bites have to be spread across your body.
Videos of K9 police dogs in action will give you the answer.

No swabs were taken from the arm, they were taken from his clothing IMO.
Exaxtly, that is the whole point of LE and then prosecution completely turning a blind eye to understanding the nature of JO's arm wounds. When they got no dog dna from the contaminated shirts, contamination that cw's own witnesses testified to, that was apparently good enough to rule out considering the arm wounds, Ostriches with their heads in the sand. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member