MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that why he can claim in openings that they will show KR deleted Ring footage and then only show witnesses that testify she didn’t delete anything? Openings I guess you can just wing it and say whatever you want. JMO
Sort of like you can claim you have "video footage" of KR's car hitting JO! Same moral compass (or lack thereof!)

Based on videos and eyewitness testimony I've seen of drunk drivers who kill, that simply isn't true. They do not quickly sober up in the aftermath. That simply doesn't occur.
Well that depends.

No 2 people are at the same level of drunkness.

It has been stated here over and over again that KR held her grog VERY VERY well.

So it has no connection to another drunk driver who might have been twice over the limit to what KR was.

moo

Post in thread 'MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10' MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

Quotes:

"It's the prosecution's case that is beyond ludicrous. They don't even have a viable theory of what happened (See Trooper Paul's testimony. It's the most embarrassing testimony I've ever heard. Well, aside from Proctor's). Not only are there independent witnesses who put Karen Read sitting alone in her car, no doubt waiting for John's return or call, no one in this "house full of people" saw a body lying in the front yard as they left the premises, walking near by and then driving by the exact location."

"It's also important to put the "house full of people" into context. It's very possible the younger ones sitting in the dining area never saw John enter and head downstairs. The stairs down are off the foyer and the floorplan isn't open with a limited view from the doorway of the dining room. Which is not to say they weren't aware something had happened after the fact. These young people were not questioned and some weren't even identified until many months later. If they were told (and this is a direct quote from Matt McCabe) "Just tell them the guy never went into the house" and didn't want to rock anything with the no doubt intimidating Brian Albert, this would explain why they didn't come forth right away on their own."

"As for the cops, aside from John, there was only Brian Albert and Brian Higgins. And they are both shady as hell, denying documented phone calls and conversation (see butt dialing and butt answering), destroying phones under court order (BH's at a military base where State police have no jurisdiction), and with Brian Albert not bothering to even step outside when there were ambulance, police and a screaming woman right under his bedroom window. Probably too busy still doing clean up in the basement."

"No doubt. John was killed in that house. The state doesn't even have a remotely viable theory to show otherwise. They only have a conflicted and dirty lead investigator and Trooper Joe Paul, who literally spoke gibberish on the stand."

Johns phone never getting closer to the house or any other direction.
He was hit and layed there dying for unimaginable amount of time.

She could have called an ambulance :mad:
That’s presuming she knew she did. Would she go to his house and send drunk texts ? Are you convinced that she knew? I ask that respectfully and in kind. I just want your take.

Well that depends.

No 2 people are at the same level of drunkness.

It has been stated here over and over again that KR held her grog VERY VERY well.

So it has no connection to another drunk driver who might have been twice over the limit to what KR was.

moo
Again, I've seen videos and the way drunk drivers act in the aftermath of fatal accidents is actually remarkably consistent. It takes them a long time to recognize the gravity of the situation.

I effing hate you john!!!!!

It is hard to reason when defending KR what instigates impulsively running over someone your in a passionate volatile relationship with??
when you are BOTH fueled up on alcohol and have had a tumultuous day of frustration, rejection and escalating aggression runs a pretty smooth line of what eventuated.

Problem for your argument is that the prosecution has presented zero evidence John was hit by ANY vehicle, let alone Read's. His injuries are completely inconsistent with a pedestrian hit. And Trooper Joe Paul couldn't even pull together a coherent thought or sentence when presenting his delusional fantasy.

If you haven't watched his testimony in full, it's highly recommended.

That’s presuming she knew she did. Would she go to his house and send drunk texts ? Are you convinced that she knew? I ask that respectfully and in kind. I just want your take.
yes I do think she was texting him know what had happened.
Ive been drunk my fair share.
Illogical, semi logical , mixed up with logical totally normal alcohol fueled disaster.

moo

But what’s stopping me from just saying she hit him is, why isn't there blood on the tail light pieces? Why doesn’t he have more injuries consistent with being hit by a car? Why does the fbi hired experts who, and obviously they haven’t testified yet but we are all under the presumption they will testify he wasn’t hit by a car

We also know originally the medically examiner disagreed as well with trooper proctor that it was 100% a homicide

If we ignore everything else, can you please explain these issues away to where she’s guilty for intentionally hitting JOK beyond a reasonable doubt
Blood from what on the taillight pieces? Those are abrasions on his arms, not lacerations.

His hair is on her SUV
HIS DNA was found on her car’s taillight
Microscopic pieces of that taillight were found on his clothes.
There’s no dog DNA
there’s no dog hair.
There’s no evidence of a physical altercation
There’s no evidence he ever entered the house
There’s no evidence his body or phone moved after 12:32 am

You need to watch the second ME testimony she does a fantastic job explaining why the death is left undertermined.

I can’t say beyond a reasonable doubt that it was intentional.
I can say she hit him, she left him and he died as a result. I’d convict her of manslaughter easily.
She was behind the wheel. No different than a drunk holding gun and accidentally pulling the trigger.

Again, I've seen videos and the way drunk drivers act in the aftermath of fatal accidents is actually remarkably consistent. It takes them a long time to recognize the gravity of the situation.
well to be fair.
I have seen examples of many people run off after deliberately hitting someone in a car while having a domestic dispute.

This wasn't a fatal accident as you are comparing.

Remember John didnt die from her hitting him.

John died from lying out there in the snow with no medical intervention.

moo

Given the skull is “a pretty thick bone” that requires considerable force to break, she suggested O’Keefe suffered “a pretty considerable impact.” Scordi-Bello also opined that O’Keefe sustained his blunt force injuries before hypothermia set in.

“These are not injuries that are immediately lethal,” she noted. “This is not something that would cause death in seconds, and therefore Mr. O’Keefe may have been incapacitated by the injuries or knocked out, if you will, and was not able to get himself into a warmer environment and therefore hypothermia set in, given the environmental conditions and given the clothing on the body. Or the lack of clothing, I should say — no big jacket or anything like that.”

Lally asked if Scordi-Bello observed anything that would indicate a fight or altercation. She said she saw no major signs of “what I would call a significant altercation.” While O’Keefe had some contusions on his hands, she noted the bruising on one hand was possibly from attempts to insert an IV.

Further, O’Keefe had no bruising on his knuckles and no fractures in his hands, Scordi-Bello said. He did have two fractured ribs near his sternum, though she said that was a common location for fractures associated with CPR.

Scordi-Bello will continue her testimony Friday. As she dismissed jurors for the day, Judge Beverly Cannone said the trial is on track to wrap up sometime next week.

updated on June 20, 2024 | 5:31 PM
When I heard her say this about John not showing signs of being in a fight, all I could think of was well, what about if he was hit from behind? Or perhaps someone was holding him/ restraining him while someone else worked him over ? He may have fallen after the first sucker punch. When he did not get up maybe someone kicked him in the head screaming “ Get up you snitch”. JMO.

Problem for your argument is that the prosecution has presented zero evidence John was hit by ANY vehicle, let alone Read's. His injuries are completely inconsistent with a pedestrian hit. And Trooper Joe Paul couldn't even pull together a coherent thought or sentence when presenting his delusional fantasy.

If you haven't watched his testimony in full, it's highly recommended.
Yeah the experts said being hit by a car can't be discounted either.

moo

When I heard her say this about John not showing signs of being in a fight, all I could think of was well, what about if he was hit from behind? Or perhaps someine was holding him/ restraining him while someone else worked him over ? He may have fallen after the first sucker punch. When he did not get up maybe someone kicked him in the head screaming “ Get up you snitch”. JMO.

Ever play Clue? There are all kinds of every day items that could have been used by an assailant to cause that head injury.

Did I miss the ME discussing what caused the bruises to both fists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734