MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we go with the evidence we got, which is none. No one seen John enter the house. Granted the reconstruction…..blah. However other evidence is his phone was outside in the same area all night. His drinking glass broken with his body.
How can you dismiss the plainly ludicrous physics according to Joseph Paul?

If the car/pedestrian strike happened as the CW claims is Joseph Paul the best the CW can do?

It's comical to think his testimony passes the smell test with any unbiased observer.

No matter day or time of night, anytime my kids need to talk to me I am available. I imagine there could be some parents that would not want to be bothered. But that's not me.
Agree but it is an odd time to call, just pointing that out. Normally you would only call at them times if there’s an emergency.

So we go with the evidence we got, which is none. No one seen John enter the house. Granted the reconstruction…..blah. However other evidence is his phone was outside in the same area all night. His drinking glass broken with his body.
The reconstruction is the evidence. Evidence that JO was not hit by KR's car.

No, we don't go with "the evidence we got". That's not the way it works in this country.

The state is supposed to do a proper investigation and prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. There are threads all across WebSleuths of stalled cases where everyone knows exactly who the murderer is, but there isn't yet sufficient evidence for a conviction.

Why was the commonwealth in such an all-fired hurry to prosecute this one? They can't even settle on a timeline because their investigation was so poorly done. The facts are not inscrutable. If they had properly documented and photographed everything, recorded their interviews, searched the home, and so on, there would be no question who John's killer was. They didn't do that, so that's why we are where we are.

Last edited:
Nope the McCabes aren’t on trial. As everyone says about Karen’s crazy calls, maybe this is normal for them.
I will ask again.

If KR's calls suggest something nefarious to you, do Jen McCabe's also suggest something nefarious?

Are you willing to consider anyone's questionable behavior in this case?

My point was everyone makes a big deal out of calls made by people who are not even on trial, but excuse unnormal calls Karen made.
Karen has lied. Not about the calls we just found out about that, but she has lied about other things.
RBBM re 'unnormal calls'. Right. I'm only interested in what a reasonable jury might make of them in wider context and agree with the defense who by not arguing about them realise they will be of little or no import for the jury. They don't add anything to an argument of guilty cos context imo.

OTOH prosecution witnesses obtusely lying under oath does imo create doubt in that space left by Proctor because his tunnel vision resulted in an unprofessional and flawed investigation of the circumstances leading to the death of the victim. He zeroed in on KR immediately as we know and did not conduct an unbiased investigation of all those who should have been POIs until eliminated. moo

We'll probably just go in circles from here so seems best to just disagree and leave it at that. jmo

Rhetorical? Has to be Proctor himself imo. That was another surprise Lally got from his expert the other day. Was that under direct or cross when Guriano (sp?) was asked if anything had been deleted from KR's phone and the answer was, yes but only in April 2022?.

I missed the thing about lexus onboard data dissappearing or being destroyed. Do you happen to remember which trooper it was? Another dodgy AF occurence. It's just madness the incompetence and manipulation that went on during the investigation. moo
BBM
No, I don't have it in my notes. I just started following this trial last week and putting some notes together.
And yes, in my personal opinion it is just madness the incompetence and manipulation that went on during the investigation.

No, we don't go with "the evidence we got". That's not the way it works in this country.

The state is supposed to do a proper investigation and prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. There are threads all across WebSleuths of stalled cases where everyone knows exactly who the murderer is, but there isn't yet sufficient evidence for a conviction.

Why was the commonwealth in such an all-fired hurry to prosecute this one? They can't even settle on a timeline because their investigation was so poorly done. The facts are not inscrutable. If they had properly documented and photographed everything, recorded their interviews, searched the home, and so on, there would be no question who John's killer was. They didn't so that, so that's why we are where we are.
Agree and Karen will very likely be found not guilty. When I said we go with the evidence we got, it was referring to John being in the house. There’s no evidence he was.

snipped.

Since Michael Proctor is the lead investigator on this case, I will say that his thoughts on whether the voicemails display "consciousness of guilt" or not have zero weight with me. I understand that some people may consider his investigation to be unbiased. However, I 100% disagree. If there is one thing the evidence revealed in this trial it is that he was out to get Karen Read from the get-go. He is simply a bad cop and unworthy of the badge he is wearing.
When I heard/read about the GPS location data was deleted off of KR's phone, while it was in Trooper Proctor's possession, and deleted only in April 2022, I got irritated.

When I started looking into this case, that, was one of the first things I learned about him and I began to distrust him. He is very incredulousness in my own opinion.

The Investigation

It never was, IMO. This was protect your fellow BPD neighborhood town-y friend, and Look! Squirrel !!! ( Karen Read)

If a body was found on your property, the police would be inside your home faster than lightening ! Brian Albert was playing mole. And the CPD allowed that.

The red Solo Cups scantily primed with blood....sitting on the garage floor next to the tail light and bumper? Makes me wonder how often blood evidence sits on or near other evidence in Canton, or anywhere else in MA. This is Evidence Tampering 101 in Canton ! Right in front of our eyes !!

Every juror needs to be cognizant of these facts. Because it's their life and freedoms on trial here as well, not just KR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member