MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this illegal or something? Why does it matter? She isn't under any gag order.
I don't think so but INAL. I don't believe anybody was accusing KR of harassing witnesses which is what turtle boy was/is being investigated for though I'm not 100% on what the story is with him. The article is five months old. moo

@BienickWCVB

Sheridan describes the injuries to O'Keefe's arms as "friction injuries", says they were inflicted before he died.
https://x.com/BienickWCVB/status/1805230434135019728/photo/1

1719235746721.png

Little asks if the injuries are consistent with being struck by a vehicle while holding a drinking glass. Lally objects. Judge sustains. Sidebar.

Little again asks if the injuries are consistent with being struck by a vehicle. Another objection. Another sidebar.

Sheridan says he has performed "well over 100" autopsies on motor vehicle accidents involving pedestrians.

Little re-asks the question. Sheridan says "if you mean be struck in that part of the arm," I would say no. "You would at least expect bruising."

@JHall7news

Sheridan is looking at the arm photo. He says those are abrasions suffered before death. Are those injuries consistent with being struck by a vehicle while holding a drinking glass? Lally objects, Sustained, sidebar.

ANother sidebar after Little asks the same question in slightly the same way. Now she is trying to lay a foundation by checking his experience in looking at his experience with pedestrian accidents. "Well over 100."

@SueNBCBoston

Are these injuries consistent with being struck by a vehicle?-struck in that arm? No it doesn’t look like that. If your hit, you’d have bruising.

-it doesn’t look remotely like that at all

Little now asking about dog related injuries.
He is listing cases where he had seen fatal feral dog attacks of children, other dog related injuries.

Dr. Sheridan is now using the laser pointer to show what he thinks are dog bites & scratches on John OKeefe’s arm.
Well of the juror are laying attention or taking notes

@BienickWCVB

Sheridan says his initial reaction is that these arms injuries are likely the result of a dog using its claws and possibly its teeth, but he says "not 100 percent sure."

"All of these marks are consistent with scratches marks," Sheridan says. Says the injury near the elbow is the most likely candidate for a bite mark.

@JHall7news

Little: Are those injuries consistent with an animal attack? Sheridan: "I would say they are - scrape marks with paws, possibly a bite mark. I’m not 100% sure."

This is the photo of the arm the jury is viewing. It is one of the very few autopsy photos the pool camera is allowed to focus on.
https://x.com/JHall7news/status/1805232992085774773/photo/1

1719236098951.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members