MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TedDanielnews

AL asks DW if he saw the video of KR backing out of JO's driveway and making contact with JO's vehicle.
He says no.

Lally then asks if the damage to KR's taillight could have been caused by an impact less than 5mph
DW: "at that speed, no"

Defense has previously said that impact "cracked" taillight but did not shatter it.

12:15 PM · Jun 24, 2024

@SueNBCBoston

Next witness is Dr Andrew Rentschler ARCA, engineer, accident reconstructionEstablishing credentials, studies crash injuries & crash forces.

Studies kinematics.

@BienickWCVB

Next defense witness: Andrew Rentschler, an biomechanics and accident reconstruction expert with ARCCA. (He's Wolfe's co-worker.)

1719245889936.png

@BienickWCVB

Wolfe says he was aware that a hair was found on the car but not aware that hair matched O'Keefe's mitochondrial DNA to more than 99%.

12:07 PM · Jun 24, 2024

@TedDanielnews

AL: Are you aware that microscopic pieces of plastic were recovered from Mr. O'Keefe's clothing?
DW: No, I don't believe so

12:08 PM · Jun 24, 2024
His answers are right on target. Because he was hired by the FBI to prove if this accident was even possible, which his team proved it wasn't.

Besides, Lally leaves out it is touch dna. JO could have touched that taillight at anytime.

Don't even get me started on the taillight pieces recovered from his clothing. There is NO evidence there was a proper investigation, like dixie cups sitting on garage floor....

Wait till later when they find out the FBI did. I would be sorely vexed!
If they were paying attention to lally's witnesses they could have gotten a clue.

Ryan Nagel just said he may have talked to the “feds” in May 2023. That is the first time the federal investigation has been directly referenced and it comes from a Commonwealth witness.

Lally asking a question about what the agency that hired him gave him...if I was a juror hearing the word agency would give me a clue..
I’m a very curious person. If I was on this jury, it would frustrate me greatly to know there was outside “agency” involvement of some kind but not be allowed to know what agency and why. I wonder how this will impact the jurors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper