MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still disturbing shocked and angered that in this day and age NO ONE used computer generate graphics to show the jury how they believe these crimes happened. The same thing happened in the Murdaugh Trial. It was outside sources with no skin in the game that used their own time a resources to reconstruct the crime and crime scenes based on evidence presented in court.

The same person who did the fantastic Murdaugh scene video has done one with this case. There is also another video that is making the rounds that shows not only the scene outside where JO's body was found, the snow plow drivers route and what he would have seen and a very detailed video of the inside of the Albert's house based on the floor plans and layout of the house available because the house was for sale and a diagram and video walk through was on a Real Estate sight. That whole video( the outside scene, the inside house walk through and the plow POV are part of a longer more comprehensive video that the creator says will be released in whole after the verdict.

My point is WHY aren't these prosecutors and defenders not using their own people to create this videos? The technology is here, right now, today! Yet we are still left to use our imaginations. Further more I would think these tools would be welcomed by everyone. With Murdaugh all we had was a diagram that wasn't even drawn to scale!! That was all that was presented to the jury besides actual video footage. I just don't get it. People are doing this stuff for FREE right now. I'm certain some states and local law enforcement departments can afford such people in order to make their cases better understood. It's very frustrating.

Unless there is some legal reason for it then I'll put on my Emily Litella costume and shout" Nevermind!"

** For you youngsters Emily Litella was a character in the 1st few seasons of SNL played by Gild Radner. Look it up, she was very funny.
I read somewhere that a lot of courts don't allow them because there's no guarantee that the CGI modeling follows actual physics. You can basically animate anything you want whether or not it could have actually happened.

I’m still reeling from today’s testimony. Even though I was sure KR did not hit JO with her car, I did think that possibly there was a fight and no one in the house realized he was in bad shape until he wandered out to the lawn and died.

But today’s testimony makes even that scenario impossible. JO would have been unconscious as soon as he got hit in the head. So whoever hit him chose not to get him medical attention and literally just let him die. Plus it’s so obvious he was injured in the house because where the eff else would he be for all that time after getting dropped off at the house??

Due to LE corruption, the Albert/McCay cabal may never see formal charges. But I hope all of their friends and neighbors realize the significance of what happened today and treat them how they deserve to be treated. Disgusting.
The most shocking part of the trial for me has been just how much information the CW revealed that really only points to the "crazy" conspiracy theory. Which is also why I am surprised anyone wanted this trial. Pre-trial (I've been very closely following this for about a year and a half) I didn't really think she hit him but I didn't completely rule it out, I was closer to thinking a freak accident happened when he got out of the car and started walking towards the house. Initially during the trial I thought maybe she did accidentally hit him but Proctor, etc. did so many things to "help" the investigation along, they created a completely implausible scenario that they can never prove. But now, with the totality of information we've learned, I think the CW got closer to proving the conspiracy/cover up and the involvement of people at 34 Fairview than anything else. Certain things have no innocent explanation, IMO.

I'm still disturbing shocked and angered that in this day and age NO ONE used computer generate graphics to show the jury how they believe these crimes happened. The same thing happened in the Murdaugh Trial. It was outside sources with no skin in the game that used their own time a resources to reconstruct the crime and crime scenes based on evidence presented in court.

The same person who did the fantastic Murdaugh scene video has done one with this case. There is also another video that is making the rounds that shows not only the scene outside where JO's body was found, the snow plow drivers route and what he would have seen and a very detailed video of the inside of the Albert's house based on the floor plans and layout of the house available because the house was for sale and a diagram and video walk through was on a Real Estate sight. That whole video( the outside scene, the inside house walk through and the plow POV are part of a longer more comprehensive video that the creator says will be released in whole after the verdict.

My point is WHY aren't these prosecutors and defenders not using their own people to create this videos? The technology is here, right now, today! Yet we are still left to use our imaginations. Further more I would think these tools would be welcomed by everyone. With Murdaugh all we had was a diagram that wasn't even drawn to scale!! That was all that was presented to the jury besides actual video footage. I just don't get it. People are doing this stuff for FREE right now. I'm certain some states and local law enforcement departments can afford such people in order to make their cases better understood. It's very frustrating.

Unless there is some legal reason for it then I'll put on my Emily Litella costume and shout" Nevermind!"

** For you youngsters Emily Litella was a character in the 1st few seasons of SNL played by Gild Radner. Look it up, she was very funny.
Was there any access to the rear yard from the basement?

NBC News

Jill Daniels and Jim Farris charged with assault on Aidan Kearney.

This was done most likely due to KR’s choice not to testify. Have never seen this done after the defense had already rested, usually defendant is asked if they are going to testify or not before defense rests, and in front of the jury. moo

@TedDanielnews

Charging conference at 2:30

Court resumes with a sidebar. Karen Read was brought to sidebar and appeared to be sworn in by Judge. If any lawyers want to explain the reason please chime in.

Court resumes with a sidebar. Karen Read was brought to sidebar and appeared to be sworn in by Judge. If any lawyers want to explain the reason please chime in.

Done for the day. Closings tomorrow.

Was there any access to the rear yard from the basement?

Yes. There were two doors that opened up in the back that led to the basement. They are in a lot of older houses and put there to bring large objects like water heaters, washer dryers, furniture etc down into the basement without having to navigate thru things thru the house and down to the basement without having to use longer, more narrow stairs.

OK. So now that the evidence part of the trial has been completed, I'd love to hear some theories of those who are a NG place at this point to state what the least amount of people who were at the scene of JOKs death, the least amount of people who knew of his death and conspired to cover it up, and the least amount who just passively helped cover it up by things like confirmation bias (that is, truly believing she hit him and just has blinders on.)

I'll go first:

I think that at the very minimum, there would have needed to be at least Brian Albert and at least one or two others, likely Brian Higgins and possibly/probably Colin & Chloe. (Oh if we could only get her on the stand to tell us what happened that night because I definitely think she knows.)I think the argument started between JOK & BH over his flirtations with KR. I've heard some rumbles about JOK making complaints about drug dealing, so that may have played a factor.

I've never picture a full out attack on JOK. I pictured a scuffle. Bumping of chests, maybe some nose-to-nose contact, might have had a push or a shove. Chloe sees the confrontation and jumps in. This is where he sustains scratches from her teeth and claws on his arm. In the facas, JOK falls and hits his head on a piece of the equipment, rendering him unconscious.

I think it is possible that JenMc and Matt Mc helped in the cover up in an active way by manipulating phone data regarding "hos long to die in cold."

I don't think Proctor and maybe a couple of others did help strengthen the case by planting evidence. I think he whacked out the tail light and scattered pieces on the ground later. I think that someone grabbed a glass and straw from the bar, but they were the wrong ones. Glass didn't match and straw wasn't bent or seemingly used. (Did they test for DNA?)

Now...I think there were possibly a number of people who were just operating under the general confirmation bias. I don't think they lied. I don't think they manipulated data. I just think that they formed an opinion early on and proceeded as if KR really was guilty.

Yes. There were two doors that opened up in the back that led to the basement. They are in a lot of older houses and put there to bring large objects like water heaters, washer dryers, furniture etc down into the basement without having to navigate thru things thru the house and down to the basement without having to use longer, more narrow stairs.
Bulkhead doors.

He's been reported to the Board of Bar Overseers by at least one Plymouth County attorney. For what it might be worth. He's up for re-election in two years and I suspect this case will finally bring some primary opposition. He should retire before then, IMHO.
Morrissey? Norfolk county DA?
Has he overseen any other problematic cases in Norfolk or just Karen Read?
Very curious county.

Bulkhead doors.
Bulkhead doors that were quickly replaced. Likely do to JO's blood/dna on them.
Oh ya and the concrete was replaced downstairs too.

It was really interesting watching Lally attempt to cross examine the three expert witnesses today. Long pauses where he is just standing there, the hamster in a wheel inside his head rotating as fast as it could.

"What, if anything, can I possibly say to discredit this witness?" *crickets*

The other observation I've had over the past couple of days is the behaviour of JOK's brother who is present each day directly to the judges right. He is no longer staring contemptuous daggers at KR. It was was a long, long way into the trial before he seemed to finally change his mind.

I was so annoyed when Lally asked Dr Wolfe if he knew there was DNA on the taillight but purposely left out it was touch DNA, then there was vindication when he tried it on Dr Rentschler and Dr Rentschler was having none of that and said he did know there was DNA found but there was no blood

It was really interesting watching Lally attempt to cross examine the three expert witnesses today. Long pauses where he is just standing there, the hamster in a wheel inside his head rotating as fast as it could.

"What, if anything, can I possibly say to discredit this witness?" *crickets*

The other observation I've had over the past couple of days is the behaviour of JOK's brother who is present each day directly to the judges right. He is no longer staring contemptuous daggers at KR. It was was a long, long way into the trial before he seemed to finally change his mind.
I noticed that very much today at the end, his face and manner were milder and seemed to be mulling things over. I hope he has some way to go after the ones that need to be gone after, meaning legally.

OK. So now that the evidence part of the trial has been completed, I'd love to hear some theories of those who are a NG place at this point to state what the least amount of people who were at the scene of JOKs death, the least amount of people who knew of his death and conspired to cover it up, and the least amount who just passively helped cover it up by things like confirmation bias (that is, truly believing she hit him and just has blinders on.)
Bare Minimum
1. BA.
Getting rid of the dog, jackhammering floors, replacing bulkhead basement doors, not leaving the house when JO was found.. all of that says “I know I am going to look guilty but I don’t care as long as I can get rid of all the evidence and not be convicted”.
2. <modsnip - name variations are not allowed>
If the car didn’t hit JO, then no taillight glass, no glass on the bumper. He very kindly implicated his colleagues when he emphatically stated that he was never alone when he found “evidence” at the crime scene. Also there is an awful lot of missing video and other data. I would need to go look at which other troopers were involved with gathering that data but most likely one or more of them too.

Almost Certainly Involved
1. BH
That 2:30 am call between him and BA. Body shows up on lawn sometime after 3 am.
2. <modsnip - name variations are not allowed>
It is obvious even to a dope like him that his crime reconstruction is impossible
Bogus key data from Karen’s car. The internet knew immediately that his count was off. No chance it wasn’t intentional IMO.
3. Jen McCabe
I think she did do that search. It lines up with the call from BA to BH. Also lies, lies and more lies.

Then a long list of people willing to look the other way when it was obvious there were shenanigans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member