MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inattentional blindness….its a real thing.
Well it didn’t happen at 12:45, so obviously she’s not guilty. It’s like impossible to have a discussion on this forum.

Inattentional blindness. Interesting. So 10 people, including someone in a high truck with side lights, just missed at 6'2" human form on a relatively small front lawn?

Yes, she's obviously not guilty.

And let's play devil's advocate and say he did walk into the house that night and got into a dust up that involved the dog. His injuries would have made him look very much alive for a considerable amount of time. Why would a house full of people decide it would be easier to commit murder to cover up a fight rather than just call an ambulance. Why would anybody think the first response would be to drag him across the yard and concoct a story about his girlfriend hitting him knowing he was going to freeze, googling it to be sure vs just explaining a drunk fight? None of it makes sense.
You keep asking if the defense's arguments make sense when you should be asking if the prosecution's case makes sense.

IMO, it does not. Not even the slightest bit.

Inattentional blindness….its a real thing.
Well it didn’t happen at 12:45, so obviously she’s not guilty. It’s like impossible to have a discussion on this forum.
It’s pretty standard in murder investigations to rule out someone who is proven to be elsewhere when the murder was committed.
There is only a few minute window of time when KR was present at the scene and could have hit JO. This window is further reduced because there are also several witnesses that were also present during that window that saw her in her car alone waiting for JO. Other witnesses were watching her through a window.
Once again the ridiculous crime scene reconstruction makes any murder scenario involving KR impossible. So many people around, eyes on KR and during that time she backed up and hit JO with enough force to launch him 30 feet away and no one heard or saw anything. Again, if the CW claimed she inadvertently backed into him, he was dazed, wandered and then collapsed hitting his head - MAYBE. But this isn’t what the CW says happened. She backed up 60 feet going 25 miles an hour, hit his arm which launched him and a bunch of taillight debris 30 feet across the yard. Not believable in the slightest.

Her father said she told him, I think I hit something….. it could have been during that call.
Really? Has this been presented as evidence? I haven’t watched any of the pretrials or any other information presented outside of this trial. Does the jury know this info? I listen to the trial while working, so I may have missed this.

And let's play devil's advocate and say he did walk into the house that night and got into a dust up that involved the dog. His injuries would have made him look very much alive for a considerable amount of time. Why would a house full of people decide it would be easier to commit murder to cover up a fight rather than just call an ambulance. Why would anybody think the first response would be to drag him across the yard and concoct a story about his girlfriend hitting him knowing he was going to freeze, googling it to be sure vs just explaining a drunk fight? None of it makes sense.

It does make sense if you put it into the context of essentially no investigation.

I think, as Yannetti outlined in his opening, three people were involved directly in John's injuries in the basement. And Chloe, because BA was one of them.

The whole household was not in the basement, although it's clear Jen and Matt found out at some point that night. The other young people were either Alberts or the two guests who were not questioned until much later. At which point they had not come forward (at BA's admonition?) to say anything about a commotion. So rather than face up to possible charges of accessory to murder after the fact, they just stuck with Matt's line "Just tell them the guy never came into the house". Cowardly, but easy.

Really? Has this been presented as evidence? I haven’t watched any of the pretrials or any other information presented outside of this trial. Does the jury know this info? I listen to the trial while working, so I may have missed this.
The poster is incorrect. She told her father she might have hit something that morning. Not in a late night phone call.

It's not in evidence; it's something her father mentioned in a TV interview. And he was surely referring to how she hit John's car at 5 am.

Well, for what it’s worth, I do believe it is more likely than not (55/45) that KR struck him, however, the CW in no way shape or form proved it beyond a reasonable doubt. And I blame the poor investigation and all the shenanigans of everyone involved. If JOK didn’t have those “pattered” scratches, I would lean stronger to KR hit him.

If I were on the jury, I could not in good conscience take away a woman’s freedom bases on what was presented.
I do think she was over charged. Agree and super sad the investigation was just horrible. Actually the scratches don’t both me, but I’m one that gets bumps and bruise's I can never explain. I wonder if the glass didn’t hit the grown first and he rolled around on it….IDK.

What's worth 'rehoming' the family dog, they did not do it after she bit neighbors, after she got out of the yard or fenced area.
For sure getting rid of Chloe when things started hotting up is totally suss. She'd been the family dog for years if I remember correctly. I'm in no doubt whatsoever since Dr Russell and since the ME testified to just ignoring those wounds (did not even consult with anyone or consult a data base to try and inform herself, wtf!) that they were caused by Chloe. Imo there's simply no other logical, reasonable, rational (or probable) explanation. I can't fathom a reasonable jury coming to any other conclusion. It's certainly the most likely explanation I believe even without defense's anticipated expert
not-car-impact testimony . moo

Actually if that happened they would have been better off to dump him in his own yard.

For sure getting rid of Chloe when things started hotting up is totally suss. She'd been the family dog for years if I remember correctly. I'm in no doubt whatsoever since Dr Russell and since the ME testified to just ignoring those wounds (did not even consult with anyone or consult a data base to try and inform herself, wtf!) that they were caused by Chloe. Imo there's simply no other logical, reasonable, rational (or probable) explanation. I can't fathom a reasonable jury coming to any other conclusion. It's cetainly the most likely explanation I believe even without defense's anticipated expert
not-car-impact testimony . moo
There aint no way on earth a car injury could have spun him with the point of contact being his arm without breaking at least one major bone in it.

It's just not possible.
Also tail lights, no matter where they are found or how many pieces they are in, tend not to bite people. They're quite civilised things afaik..

All the party goers had inattentional blindness, kinda like mass hysteria, lol
It’s a real thing, blindness to things that don’t belong. Plus it was snowing and eyes would have been towards the road. Personally when it’s that cold my only focus is getting to the car and getting warm.

The poster is incorrect. She told her father she might have hit something that morning. Not in a late night phone call.

It's not in evidence; it's something her father mentioned in a TV interview. And he was surely referring to how she hit John's car at 5 !

DBM

Actually if that happened they would have been better off to dump him in his own yard.
Think a bit. He didn’t live next door to be carried over and In a car creates nice DNA In whoever’s car they’d use. I mean which Edge Ford. There were a few of them. One a little before dawn right in front of where JO was found conveniently .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02