MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the prosecution are delighted with the defence witnesses.

IF he was so delighted, why did he basically lose his crap during cross. The person that Lally is delighted with is the judge who doesn’t allow the witnesses to fully testify to their very educated knowledge. The judge who allows him to talk over the witness. Etc

Last edited:
I don't agree with that hypothesis nether does LE, It is more likely actions from consciousness of guilt, venting at him, blaming him for....'look what you just made me do".

But indulging that idea for a second, still is contradictory at minimum to what she said happened.

That alone has proven she is a liar.

Her statement was..... there was no issues or problems and she went home to bed.

Caught up critically lying at the very moment she is accused of leaving John for dead.
I’m totally baffled how everyone is totally defending, writing off Karen’s actions and lies. Yet find it so easy to blame the people that aren’t on trial. Her actions and words are so puzzling for anyone to ignore.
How many drinks did you have……hmmm maybe 4
She thought she may have some how incapacitated him, her words.
The newest thing we learned was she called her parents at 1:10, 4:40 and 4:42 AM …not normal, but again everyone will defend it.
She maybe found not guilty, however she is not innocent.

How did no one see John’s body? Inattentional blindness !!! It’s a real thing, not seeing something that shouldn’t be there.

For those that think KR is guilty, how do you reconcile the ME’s testimony that the injuries are not classic signs of a pedestrian accident?
Not classic, not impossible in my opinion. How do many drunk drivers walk away from accidents while the passengers die. Something’s never make sense.

The huge problem with criminal conspiracy... especially among several parties involved in city government, in law enforcement and many civilians... is you can never back out. From the biggest actor (responsible for the set up) to the smallest player (who may have told one small lie), everyone remains forever responsible for his/her part in the collusion. Kind of like Hotel California.

Not classic, not impossible in my opinion. How do many drunk drivers walk away from accidents while the passengers die. Something’s never make sense.
So you think Joseph Paul's testimony is credible?

That a car/pedestrian strike caused JO's injuries?

You truly believe this?

Help me understand this, sincerely.

What did his mind do when his expert mentioned the home wifi connection at 12.36am? Because it's through his inanity in wanting KR voice mails in evidence that his own credibility with jury could now be teetering on the line. Unbelievable hubris in action! jmo

The entire timeline the prosecution was trying to sell is destroyed by the 12:36 arrival home. Lally even claimed IN HIS OPENING STATEMENT that Karen hit John "around 12:45" and Jen McCabe testified under oath she saw the Lexus at 12:45. She didn't. Karen left before 12:30. And yet Jen keeps calling and texting.

If Lally had a single molecule of decency in his body, he'd ask for the case to be dismissed tomorrow. But he doesn't, and so he won't. Even though he knows he has no case.

I’m totally baffled how everyone is totally defending, writing off Karen’s actions and lies. Yet find it so easy to blame the people that aren’t on trial. Her actions and words are so puzzling for anyone to ignore.
She thought she may have incapacitated him, her words.
The newest thing we learned was she called her parents at 1:10, 4:40 and 4:42 AM …not normal, but again everyone will defend it.

How did no one see John’s body? Inattentional blindness !!! It’s a real thing, not seeing something that shouldn’t be there.
People, tell me why she called her elderly parents in the middle of the night three times. If you are in the camp that Karen did not kill John what could be the reason for this?

People, tell me why she called her elderly parents in the middle of the night three times. If you are in the camp that Karen did not kill John what could be the reason for this?
She wanted to speak with them, presumably, that's the usual reason for calling people, parents included.

Great point! Those that think KR is guilty totally ignore and/or day his text messages mean nothing, but then say her voice mails mean everything is a crazy mindset to me! His text messages show clear bias before the “investigation” even really began. Her voice mails show she thought he was alive and hooking up with another woman.

Or he dropped his phone in the snow. Or he went in to the basement and has little cell coverage (like my basement). No “proof” here and another analyst disputed that “proof”
Evidence: His phone was found under his body, right where the GPS said it would be, right where his data said it never left, right next to the road where she accelerated, right next to the tail light pieces, the same pieces which were on his body, which she speculated she was responsible for to multiple people.

Think how convenient for the coverup that Karen initially called the two people "involved in killing John" to help her find JO, so they could make up her conversation with them about possibly hitting him and having a broken tail light before he was even found. How convenient that nobody has testified Karen ever asked to go in the house looking for John. And why did she think she was going to see him at all from the road? she went looking in a snow storm for what? He didn't have a car to find, he would have been inside someone's home as far as anyone should have known at that time. Her messages to him confirm she thought he was sleeping with someone earlier. Because she knew where he would be, she started to remember what happened, she knew the last place she saw him was when he got out of the car and she "bumped" into him going 24 MPH, causing him to fall backward on his head where he froze to death.

And how many people now have to be in on this conspiracy- the first responders said she thought she might have hit him, the niece and nephew said she changed her story, the first police officers to arrive, multiple members of the Mass. All of them coordinating their stories? Except they aren't because if they were everything would line up perfect, vs how it happens in real life where it only approximately lines up.

I simply don't believe the commonwealth's accident reconstructionist. The SUV hitting John's arm, causing those wounds makes no sense. The collision causing him to spin counter-clockwise, bouncing his head on the ground and then fly backwards 30' makes no sense, either.

Not even the commonwealth's medical examiner was willing to back him up. The best she could do was say that the injuries were not typical of a pedestrian crash, but she wouldn't rule it out.

If the reconstructionist is wrong--and I have every expectation we will learn exactly how wrong when the PhD's the FBI hired take the stand--then John didn't get hit by the SUV. What Karen said in an interview, what Jen McCabe googled, what the people inside 34 Fairview saw. Who cares? It's all irrelevant.

So you think Joseph Paul's testimony is credible?

That a car/pedestrian strike caused JO's injuries?

You truly believe this?

Help me understand this, sincerely.
Joseph Paul lost me the first time he opened his mouth. I do believe KR hit John. Every expert witness will say something different…..so much for experts that can’t even agree. So for me it comes down to common sense, what’s believable and what’s not. I don’t find placing a body in your front yard believable, nor multiple people hurt John. I look at every aspect. Shady witnesses, you can say that but these people have been harassed and attacked for months. I can totally understand being defensive on the stand. Ditching cell phones, yup I get it…..look what happened to the ones that handed their phones over. It’s a no win situation for them, as they have been accused in the public’s eye. Every thing they say or do will be taken the wrong way. Seems most on this forum fine it easy to pick them apart but as soon as someone points out Karen’s lies…..she’s defended, I totally don’t get that.

None of that “stuff” deals with the damage done to JO and KR's car and the lame explanations given by the cw witnesses. The unbiased, unsolicited, and not paid for by the defense answer is forthcoming from the remaining defense witnesses.Thank you to the FBI and wait for it.

True, I see your point. However those drunks that walk away surely do exhibit some signs of being in a motor vehicle accident such as whiplash, bruising from seat belts, etc. MOO. I would be more convinced he was struck by a vehicle on his arm/shoulder if he showed bruising there or a dislocated shoulder.

Evidence: His phone was found under his body, right where the GPS said it would be, right where his data said it never left, right next to the road where she accelerated, right next to the tail light pieces, the same pieces which were on his body, which she speculated she was responsible for to multiple people.

Think how convenient for the coverup that Karen initially called the two people "involved in killing John" to help her find JO, so they could make up her conversation with them about possibly hitting him and having a broken tail light before he was even found. How convenient that nobody has testified Karen ever asked to go in the house looking for John. And why did she think she was going to see him at all from the road? she went looking in a snow storm for what? He didn't have a car to find, he would have been inside someone's home as far as anyone should have known at that time. Her messages to him confirm she thought he was sleeping with someone earlier. Because she knew where he would be, she started to remember what happened, she knew the last place she saw him was when he got out of the car and she "bumped" into him going 24 MPH, causing him to fall backward on his head where he froze to death.

And how many people now have to be in on this conspiracy- the first responders said she thought she might have hit him, the niece and nephew said she changed her story, the first police officers to arrive, multiple members of the Mass. All of them coordinating their stories? Except they aren't because if they were everything would line up perfect, vs how it happens in real life where it only approximately lines up.
Totally agree. The niece was first witness to how Karen was acting.

I simply don't believe the commonwealth's accident reconstructionist. The SUV hitting John's arm, causing those wounds makes no sense. The collision causing him to spin counter-clockwise, bouncing his head on the ground and then fly backwards 30' makes no sense, either.

Not even the commonwealth's medical examiner was willing to back him up. The best she could do was say that the injuries were not typical of a pedestrian crash, but she wouldn't rule it out.

If the reconstructionist is wrong--and I have every expectation we will learn exactly how wrong when the PhD's the FBI hired take the stand--then John didn't get hit by the SUV. What Karen said in an interview, what Jen McCabe googled, what the people inside 34 Fairview saw. Who cares? It's all irrelevant.

It's simply not possible to just hit someone's arm with a vehicle and have them fly 12 or 30 feet.

It's not possible for a human arm alone to shatter a modern taillight at any speed.

It's not possible for a little cocktail glass to shatter a modern taillight.

It's not possible for a smooth taillight to cut up an arm so it looks like dog bites/lacerations.

It's not possible for a phone to land UNDER a body in the CW's scenario. Even Trooper Joe Paul when asked could only say "It just did".

I think Joe P. has actually summarized the CW's entire case. How did Karen Read murder John O'Keefe? "She just did." No actual evidence needed.

Isn’t it both odd and convenient, that the CW has not specifically chosen to demonstrate how this supposed vehicle strike / hit occurred? IMO that is because they can’t.

And I just caught that the victim was apparently caused to spin counter-clockwise? I envision this to be looking from above? And yet, the injuries to the arm (which I am not conceding came from a Lexus vehicle strike) - were on the outer right arm? Yes? So what is the CW now saying…. that the victim was facing the street or away from the vehicle?

I am reminded of the famous quip by the late Johnnie Cochran…… ‘if it does not fit, you must…….. ‘. It just might seem that could apply here too IMO. MOO

Joseph Paul lost me the first time he opened his mouth. I do believe KR hit John. Every expert witness will say something different…..so much for experts that can’t even agree. So for me it comes down to common sense, what’s believable and what’s not. I don’t find placing a body in your front yard believable, nor multiple people hurt John. I look at every aspect. Shady witnesses, you can say that but these people have been harassed and attacked for months. I can totally understand being defensive on the stand. Ditching cell phones, yup I get it…..look what happened to the ones that handed their phones over. It’s a no win situation for them, as they have been accused in the public’s eye. Every thing they say or do will be taken the wrong way. Seems most on this forum fine it easy to pick them apart but as soon as someone points out Karen’s lies…..she’s defended, I totally don’t get that.
So you didn't find Joseph Paul credible.

If you find the FBI hired experts testimony to be credible would it change your mind about the case?

True, I see your point. However those drunks that walk away surely do exhibit some signs of being in a motor vehicle accident such as whiplash, bruising from seat belts, etc. MOO. I would be more convinced he was struck by a vehicle on his arm/shoulder if he showed bruising there or a dislocated shoulder.
Some things can not be explained, I seen a bush In that area and thought he could have tangled up with that. Possibly a dog was roaming the neighborhood that night (although I don’t believe that). Glass was around his body, he could have been trying to get up rolling on that side. I just don’t think some things can be explained how it happens but I do believe she hit him. The normal person would not think he was dead before thinking he was sleeping at someone’s house. Her actions and words were those of guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader