VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you all going to keep track of when the verdict comes in? I can’t be on here all the time and I don’t wanna miss it. Any ideas?
I’m outside in gorgeous weather and just keep checking the online tv station I’ve been watching. Really pathetic ! I’m not Sherlock has an idea called a Google alert

Can't blame the jury for wanting to go home today. After listening to Lally blather on and then all that legal jargon from the Judge, I would too! Come back fresh tomorrow.

Nice to know, however, that if they want to stay longer she seems okay with that.

No verdict today, which is no surprise.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even hold a vote yet. This has been such a long trial with so many WTF moments. They probably were bursting at the seams to just talk about some of it. Maybe one of them has a lot of experience with dog bites, maybe another with erasing searches and phone calls, and another with Tito's and Crystal Light!

My point is....I'll bet they really needed to have some "I'm not crazy, you caught that too, right?" time.

I predict a verdict by lunchtime tomorrow.

JMO MOO

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even hold a vote yet. This has been such a long trial with so many WTF moments. They probably were bursting at the seams to just talk about some of it. Maybe one of them has a lot of experience with dog bites, maybe another with erasing searches and phone calls, and another with Tito's and Crystal Light!

My point is....I'll bet they really needed to have some "I'm not crazy, you caught that too, right?" time.

JMO MOO
Would love to be a fly on the wall for those first few words! I think mine would be... WTF WAS THAT
jmo.

JMO MOO
If they order pizza for lunch, I expect a verdict shortly after.

I believe I saw you say it would be a huge miscarriage of justice if KR is found guilty, but you nevertheless believe her to be guilty.

Feel free to disregard, but would you care to share why you think she is guilty?

Just curious TBH
I remember back when this first happened, Karen’s attorney wasn’t even disputing that his client had hit John. He said it was an accident, and said she had been overcharged.

Yes, she was likely drunk and confused, but she did believe she hit him, which is why her attorney would have taken that tact.

It wasn’t until later this conspiracy yarn was spun, which I think was a brilliant strategy, supported by sloppy police work and an incredible bunch of liars.

I have to make way more leaps to believe the latter than I do the former. But there are massive issues that will no matter what, leave what happened open to debate for me.

So “more probable than not,” but not “beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Exactly this. Overcharged. Horrible evidence collection. Questionable police work in general. Unreliable witnesses who in some cases, appear to have flat out lied on the stand. That's just too messy to expect a jury to reach a guilty verdict.

Do I personally think she probably accidentally hit him while drunk? yes. Do the injuries prove that for a fact? Absolutely not. Is there some explanation for that, that we haven't heard? I think there probably is. Did the state prove that Karen did in fact hit John? No.

I'm not buying a frame job that involves these people, and that cop. But there's just too many unanswered questions.

As usual, @MassGuy you take the words out of my mouth but say it much better than I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member