VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> it <mod edit> is clear just how corrupt MP's manipulations and actions were in addition to the tail light issue. I can't make an excuse for his behavior or give him a pass. JMO
At the moment proctor showed up he may not of known anything but what McC told him then he immediately went all very wrong. Immediately

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect you stating your honest opinion here. I usually don't have the courage to do that in a forum where I am outnumbered. It must be frustrating for you to think she won't be punished for her actions though.
No, it isn't frustrating for me. I don't care what happens or doesn't happen to KR. She is whatever she is. I am very sorry for the loss of JO. Just for your info, I wasn't so impassive over the results of that not-to-be-named CA in Florida. My hair was on fire! :)

<modsnip> it <mod edit> is clear just how corrupt MP's manipulations and actions were in addition to the tail light issue. I can't make an excuse for his behavior or give him a pass. JMO
Nor would I be attributing intelligence to MP when clearly none exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tooo be faaaair, JO has been dead for 2 1/2 years and KR has been looking at God knows how many photos of his body and countless hours of discussion about what happened to him all while being told to show as little emotion as possible in front of the public and jury. It's probably a coping mechanism to think of that as 'the body' instead of 'John O'Keefe, her dead boyfriend'.

Right. Was she as outraged when the McAlberts referred to their great friend they loved JOK as “that guy” (didn’t come in the house) just days after his death?

No, it isn't frustrating for me. I don't care what happens or doesn't happen to KR. She is whatever she is. I am very sorry for the loss of JO. Just for your info, I wasn't so impassive over the results of that not-to-be-named CA in Florida. My hair was on fire! :)
She is a human being with a life of her own with very hard medical struggles for decades. Achievements and we are all who we are as you are

My sense of integrity is raging for the people behind John's brother, to be nailed, as they will rage against a NG verdict, it will mean nothing to them.
Oh but maybe it will sink in eventually that yes you are all being looked at as the poison you have always been but much harder and with repercussions to come .

Tooo be faaaair, JO has been dead for 2 1/2 years and KR has been looking at God knows how many photos of his body and countless hours of discussion about what happened to him all while being told to show as little emotion as possible in front of the public and jury. It's probably a coping mechanism to think of that as 'the body' instead of 'John O'Keefe, her dead boyfriend'.
She's in the middle of swirling poo storm and circus right now. I haven't seen anything like this for a non-celebrity before. I think she's holding it together pretty well. I think at some point you get numb to it and try to distance yourself from things as a kind of self-preservation. How many tears are enough?? How many days? Years? Who is the ultimate judge of that?

And for some Whataboutism ... in the minutes and hours after JO's death his so called very good friends and colleagues called JO " that man" and " a body in the snow". And they couldn't even be bothered to go to his funeral.

Whether or not the jury think the prosecution has proved their case... we'll see, but I found the entire "conspiracy" theory to be preposterous.

Mainly because there isn't a single theory... it's just a bunch of unconnected dots which, by themselves, you can imagine have some significance... but when you try to put them together... it's just a mess that doesn't fit.

Whatever the outcome... the prosecution and the investigation didn't cover themselves in glory... I just hope it all doesn't result in a murderer walking free.

Whether or not the jury think the prosecution has proved their case... we'll see, but I found the entire "conspiracy" theory to be preposterous.

Mainly because there isn't a single theory... it's just a bunch of unconnected dots which, by themselves, you can imagine have some significance... but when you try to put them together... it's just a mess that doesn't fit.

Whatever the outcome... the prosecution and the investigation didn't cover themselves in glory... I just hope it all doesn't result in a murderer walking free.
They are at the moment as you see there

They don't have to fit. The defense didn't have to prove how they fit. All that matters is that the CW didn't prove that JOK was killed by a vehicle, much less one driven by KR.

Based on what we've seen in this trial, there are probably a zillion other tentacles (to coin a Doug Carterism) we have no idea about, but maybe we will someday in a federal trial. This case/trial has shone a light on things going on in Massachusetts LE that I'm sure the majority of them did not want out there. They misjudged how big this was going to get, IMO.
MOO IMO

I could be persuaded to think that KR accidentally hit him, didn't know, and went home to curse him out on voicemail. But the CW went all in on murder and did a terrible investigation and there's too many added problems with crap like letting all the Alberts get their story straight before being interviewed and poor evidence control.
Exactly this. Overcharged. Horrible evidence collection. Questionable police work in general. Unreliable witnesses who in some cases, appear to have flat out lied on the stand. That's just too messy to expect a jury to reach a guilty verdict.

Do I personally think she probably accidentally hit him while drunk? yes. Do the injuries prove that for a fact? Absolutely not. Is there some explanation for that, that we haven't heard? I think there probably is. Did the state prove that Karen did in fact hit John? No.

I'm not buying a frame job that involves these people, and that cop. But there's just too many unanswered questions.

What would be your answer to the multiple highly-educated experts who testified that his injuries weren't consistent with getting hit by a car, that the location of his body wasn't explainable by KR backing into him, and that the damage to the car itself isn't consistent with the prosecution theory?

Keep in mind, the prosecution's own ME seemed unsure if it was possible for a car to cause John's injuries.
No, fortunately, I feel no need to explain. There are hundreds of posts on this thread. I'm good with stating my opinion. And I respect yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98