VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt closing arguments a run down all the EVIDENCE! they should absolutely have their notebooks out cross-checking original information/notes/thoughts/feelings!!!

this is bull <modsnip> advice and direction given from a judge. the jury should do as they see fit. Considering they are the ones preparing to give a verdict.

<modsnip - name variations are not allowed>
I have never heard of closing arguments being evidence in a trial. I have heard judges tell juries that often. No conspiracy here.

Last edited by a moderator:
isnt closing arguments a run down all the EVIDENCE! they should absolutely have their notebooks out cross-checking original information/notes/thoughts/feelings!!!

this is bull <modsnip> advice and direction given from a judge. the jury should do as they see fit. Considering they are the ones preparing to give a verdict.

<modsnip - name variations are not allowed>
i disagree...going thru notes during closing would mean they are not taking in the words 100%. I agree and think most jurors feel the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little late to the party, listening to closing, re the comment about KR calling JO 53 times, was it ever mentioned if KR attempted to contact anyone at the Albert house when trying to locate him?

@SueNBCBoston

Jackson directs the jurors to the screen, showing the taillight of Karen Read’s at 5:07a as he references the Dighton police officer’s testimony that it was cracked, and then a picture of the taillight later.

No change on the jurors.All paying attention, pretty stoic, except one who doesn’t look at Jackson, instead head down, rubs head.

That juror appeared to take a lot of notes during the trial. Now he is looking at the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius