VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@SueNBCBoston

The most stoic juror is now fidgeting, one is examining her nails, the juror who has been holding his head is now bent forward.

In fairness to Lally, I would have given the jurors a break between closings, even if just to stand up. This is the longest they have been seated the entire trial.

Do you mean why would KR look for OJO?
OJO was the guardian of two children. Karen knew that he would not spend a night away from his kids. It was abnormal for him to not come home and she knew that. Why not look for him?
Being in a cop's house doesn't automatically make everyone feel safe.
It's almost like KR suspected that if anything happened to OJO, his fellow officers wouldn't help.
Exactly - also, it was stated that she planned to return to her own home that evening so she expected him to come home to be with the kids. She was not planning to spend the night at his house and it was out of character for him to not return home as planned.

Exactly - also, it was stated that she planned to return to her own home that evening so she expected him to come home to be with the kids. She was not planning to spend the night at his house and it was out of character for him to not return home as planned.
Exactly plus they had been arguing too so she probably thought he was not returning on purpose to be difficult! JMO.

It's not these lawyer's first rodeo. They both know that there is often a time limitation and would have worked on their closings. I think giving each side an hour is fair. You do not want to lose the jury and need to lay out the evidence in a clear and concise manner.
I agree.

Seems perfectly reasonable and fair to me. JMO.

It's not these lawyer's first rodeo. They both know that there is often a time limitation and would have worked on their closings. I think giving each side an hour is fair. You do not want to lose the jury and need to lay out the evidence in a clear and concise manner.
I think one hour is fair...they knew well in advance. I think AJ made an excellent point which may resonate with some jurors.....per the CW this is about KR hitting him with her car and leaving him.

@BienickWCVB

Lally says Read did not take off her shoes when she arrived at O'Keefe's house with McCabe and Roberts even though that was O'Keefe's rule. Lally says she knew didn't have to because she knew O'Keefe was dead.

"I know it was a lot of testimony about snow," Lally says. But he says there was a purpose to that. Says O'Keefe had no snow under him when he was found. Says that indicates how long he'd been there.

Lally says the reason the "magic hair" and the glass were still on the bumper is because the SUV was caked in snow and ice.

1719331194011.png

First time I have seen AJ nervous. Lally came out swinging. I think KR will be found guilty. AJ missed a huge point the Police did not go to the funeral
RBBM

Having watched the trial this should be impossible.

What a shizshow.

That said, it is the "justice" system and that system is obviously deeply flawed.

@TedDanielnews

Lally bringing up that KR did not take her off her shoes at JO's house when others did "because she knows she left him in the snow"

Lally talking about video of KR's vehicle backing into JO's "you don’t see snow moving off the vehicle or taillight pieces.He says "the magic hair" (referring to AJ's description) was "frozen to the vehicle"

@TedDanielnews

Lally bringing up that KR did not take her off her shoes at JO's house when others did "because she knows she left him in the snow"

Lally talking about video of KR's vehicle backing into JO's "you don’t see snow moving off the vehicle or taillight pieces.He says "the magic hair" (referring to AJ's description) was "frozen to the vehicle"
What's this about not taking her shoes off? What possible relevance does this have?

@BienickWCVB

Lally says Read did not take off her shoes when she arrived at O'Keefe's house with McCabe and Roberts even though that was O'Keefe's rule. Lally says she knew didn't have to because she knew O'Keefe was dead.

"I know it was a lot of testimony about snow," Lally says. But he says there was a purpose to that. Says O'Keefe had no snow under him when he was found. Says that indicates how long he'd been there.

Lally says the reason the "magic hair" and the glass were still on the bumper is because the SUV was caked in snow and ice.

View attachment 513093

lol

@TedDanielnews

AL: (speaking about Brian Albert a then Boston Police Officer) “he’s just going to leave Mr. O’Keefe’s body on the front lawn?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734