VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this and also, when I was out with a group and wanted to “pretend” I was joining in I’d take shots and hide them in my main glass, then pour away (ground, plant pot). The fact she still had a glass while moving from place to place reminded me of doing the same (not chugging before leaving). Not that I’m saying she didn’t drink them, just a thing that made me think..
rewatching this, coincidentally.
everybody testified that she was sober..

I'd be the holdout. I believe she hit him with her vehicle, and that scenario rings truer to me than the whole went in the house, gets beat up, and dog attack, and thrown out in the cold to die by other law enforcement officers, and there be some grand cover-up scheme - and for what?? Too many people for somebody not to have come clean. If it were reversed and the prosecution were presenting that kind of case, then I'd have reasonable doubt. But I still feel strongly, and without reasonable doubt, that she was drunk off her *advertiser censored*, they were fighting, she was not intending to hit him or kill him, but accidentally hit him and didn't know it. And for that she's guilty of a lesser charge. Hell, SHE even thought she hit him.
I look at the text messages from earlier in the day where there was conflict. Karen also said she was going to have a drink in the afternoon. She winds up getting together with John, has a lot to drink. Higgins is at the bar and that may have added fuel to a bigger fire that was brewing. There is no evidence of anything going on that night about her and Higgins but I wasn't there and I don't know if there was any knowing looks. All I know is that Karen drank a lot in a short period of time. I don't know if Karen ate anything that evening.
In the short drive to BA's house an argument erupts. Anger + alcohol is never a good combination. John gets out. Karen hits him incapacitating him. She knows she hits him. Her car would have been yelling at her with the back up camera. She gets home and notices the damage. Where is the camera footage of her coming home? She starts making calls. John. Her parents. She messages John about his kids and that she is leaving. No response. She tried to jerk his chain and he didn't bite at her bait. Something's wrong. Oh poop. Better make more calls. Panic is setting in more. Sets out in her car to find John. Why would she need to 'find' him when she knew she dropped him off at the house? Finds John,makes incriminating statements, then goes into self preservation mode. Goes to the hospital but leaves, goes back to John's house to get her stuff. Why? Why go and gather her belongings including her car? I am sure most of us have been in a situation where somebody has died and you come together and support each other. Why the rush to get out of there? Acts like she knows she will never see the kids again and takes off to her parents.
Karen had her blood drawn at the hospital. Did she know her BAC that morning after the results came back?
I believe the cell phone and car evidence that was presented. I would be the guilty vote and if it resulted in a hung jury I would still stick to my decision.

Just my thoughts.

Can you imagine the incredulity the FBI is experiencing if they are in fact conducting an investigation into improprieties by MSP but the FBI is not ready to move just yet? Maybe they wanted to lock down the witnesses who may have perjured themselves. So, they shared Proctor's texts and the expert reports and just assumed that evidence would be absolutely sufficient for NG or simply reasonable doubt. Giving them time to complete their investigation and to turn one of the witnesses. Now .... the FBI must be stunned by the possibility of a G verdict or a hung jury.

Again, just my thoughts.

Well, something made of concrete is stopping the grass from reaching the road. Not sure what that might be called. Thanks for the view OldCop, I’d never have been able to find it.
To me it looks like an asphalt curb and sidewalk. I live in the western part of the state and we have the same here. Maybe it’s a MA thing. In other states I’ve lived in, in the northeast, curbs and sidewalks were concrete.

I look at the text messages from earlier in the day where there was conflict. Karen also said she was going to have a drink in the afternoon. She winds up getting together with John, has a lot to drink. Higgins is at the bar and that may have added fuel to a bigger fire that was brewing. There is no evidence of anything going on that night about her and Higgins but I wasn't there and I don't know if there was any knowing looks. All I know is that Karen drank a lot in a short period of time. I don't know if Karen ate anything that evening.
In the short drive to BA's house an argument erupts. Anger + alcohol is never a good combination. John gets out. Karen hits him incapacitating him. She knows she hits him. Her car would have been yelling at her with the back up camera. She gets home and notices the damage. Where is the camera footage of her coming home? She starts making calls. John. Her parents. She messages John about his kids and that she is leaving. No response. She tried to jerk his chain and he didn't bite at her bait. Something's wrong. Oh poop. Better make more calls. Panic is setting in more. Sets out in her car to find John. Why would she need to 'find' him when she knew she dropped him off at the house? Finds John,makes incriminating statements, then goes into self preservation mode. Goes to the hospital but leaves, goes back to John's house to get her stuff. Why? Why go and gather her belongings including her car? I am sure most of us have been in a situation where somebody has died and you come together and support each other. Why the rush to get out of there? Acts like she knows she will never see the kids again and takes off to her parents.
Karen had her blood drawn at the hospital. Did she know her BAC that morning after the results came back?
I believe the cell phone and car evidence that was presented. I would be the guilty vote and if it resulted in a hung jury I would still stick to my decision.
Just
To me it looks like an asphalt curb and sidewalk. I live in the western part of the state and we have the same here. Maybe it’s a MA thing. In other states I’ve lived in, in the northeast, curbs and sidewalks were concrete.
Yes, that makes total sense, thank you! I live in a rural area where you’re lucky if the grass is cut regularly enough to see the roadside.

Just my thoughts.

Can you imagine the incredulity the FBI is experiencing if they are in fact conducting an investigation into improprieties by MSP but the FBI is not ready to move just yet? Maybe they wanted to lock down the witnesses who may have perjured themselves. So, they shared Proctor's texts and the expert reports and just assumed that evidence would be absolutely sufficient for NG or simply reasonable doubt. Giving them time to complete their investigation and to turn one of the witnesses. Now .... the FBI must be stunned by the possibility of a G verdict or a hung jury.

Again, just my thoughts.
Great points.

I’ve been following this but not in as much detail as most 0f you. Why was the FBI brought in and by who and when?

Such a short driveway. Why was Jenn McCabe texting him to “Pull behind me!” Like they were driving into a massive parking lot.
There may have been a snow emergency parking ban. Often when heavy snowfall is predicted, vehicles in heavily populated areas are supposed to be parked on one side of the street to allow room for plows.
As a matter of fact, didn’t Lucky, the snowplow driver, testify that he was supposed to report vehicles who were in violation so that they could be towed? Also, didn’t he testify that he did not report a vehicle that was parked in front of the Albert house as a favor because he knew the family?

It is maddening that none 0f these devices seem accurate and it’s 2024. I had a Fitbit 10 years ago and gave up on it. If I walked around the yard slowly it barely registered any movement. Stairs? Didn’t record within a 50% accuracy. I take the data on these devices with a grain 0f salt. Where did he wear the phone and did it really register accurate steps?
I don't believe any of these devices are all that accurate. Funny thing though, four of my friends and I were on a long pier and we had all talked about how many steps we had already registered that day when we had all been together and the numbers were so varying that we said okay, we're going to all walk in step with each other from the end of this pier to the other end, everybody recorded what their step count on their device was (one used their phone, two fitbits, one galaxy watch, and the 5th person actually counted out loud the steps we took) and at the other end we recorded what our device said - guess what? None of them matched. 5 different steps even though we all walked in unison. We looked stupid BTW, but it did prove the point that none of them come up the same. I always got my 10,000 steps in when we rode the motorcycle because it registered steps while riding. And I can't tell you how many times at work when I would get stressed and worked up and my watch would record a work out complete with stairs!! My friend would be hundreds of steps from her 10,000 a day goal and sit on her couch waving her arm while watching TV to get to 10,000 - um, why? If you weren't going to actually do the exercise of walking, why did it matter what your goal was? Nope, don't believe them at all. And to make a long post even longer, I have a program on my phone that makes my phone look like I'm walking when I'm not so that I get candies on Pokemon.

Just my thoughts.

Again, just my thoughts.
I’d be fascinated to know their conclusions and hope they’re getting all the info. It’s so unusual to have a parallel investigation.

There may have been a snow emergency parking ban. Often when heavy snowfall is predicted, vehicles in heavily populated areas are supposed to be parked on one side of the street to allow room for plows.
As a matter of fact, didn’t Lucky, the snowplow driver, testify that he was supposed to report vehicles who were in violation so that they could be towed? Also, didn’t he testify that he did not report a vehicle that was parked in front of the Albert house as a favor because he knew the family?

Yes, Lucky testified those things. JMO

Good point. But it’s still strange to me that JMcC was all over him texting him as to where he was and where he’d park, and then never texted or called him from 12;30 or thereabouts til they found him dead outside. If you were so on someone as to where they were parking would you not then wonder why you didn’t see them enter the home immediately? Hmm.

Great points.

I’ve been following this but not in as much detail as most 0f you. Why was the FBI brought in and by who and when?
If we tell you we’ll have to kill you.

Sorry, @JerseyWasHome2 I couldn’t help myself. I know you asked a serious question. The FBI is allegedly conducting an investigation which delves into police misconduct involving the LE officials who worked on this case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member