VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court TV live has the ribbon on the bottom saying that deliberations continued through lunch. I would take that to mean that they are close to a verdict. If they were a long ways from having one, I feel like they would have wanted and benefited from a break. I hope they come back soon with a NG

Court TV live has the ribbon on the bottom saying that deliberations continued through lunch. I would take that to mean that they are close to a verdict. If they were a long ways from having one, I feel like they would have wanted and benefited from a break. I hope they come back soon with a NG

Good thinking!

They may be close, but I'm thinking that they hold off until tomorrow morning since they have to leave by 4 today. Unless they announce within the next fifteen minutes or so, we're probably going to be waiting another day.
IMO

She never hit JO with her car that night. He died in some other way in different circumstances which involved being bitten and scratched by Chloe before receiving injury to back of skull. Moo

KR is innocent imo but I have no idea how jury will vote. No bruising and experts demonstrating arm wounds were caused by dog means they should return ng but if jury choose to ignore that for whatever reasons then they look the other way and vote g.

they must have eaten in whilst deliberating

SERT, the jury was told by the Judge "you already have all the evidence in this case and will not be getting anything additional.

The judge implied that there was additional evidence which they won’t be getting. All she had to say was something like ‘you have have all of the evidence (or some legal jargon (which has been entered into testimony).

Not only do I think Not Guilty... I now don't even think she hit him with the car at all.
The defense's experts made it so very clear that he was not hit by a vehicle, at all, ever.

But I keep seeing people online saying "I think she hit him but it was an accident."

It makes me so depressed that so many people lack critical thinking skills in our world.

Not Guilty

I think it is even more interesting that Lally asked the defenses experts for their "report" when they didn't have a report from SERT (someone actually at the scene of the crime) and when LE didn't have a log at all!!!
I think he was trying to insinuate they didn’t have reports either, so it wasn’t a big deal. Never mind that it’s apples and oranges. JMO.

Gonna be not guilty for me. Primarily because the state couldn’t prove much of anything…beyond the weather. It seems they changed theories and contradicted themselves (like JM seeing KR Lexus at 12:45 yet a diff witness said KR was at JO house 10 min before that). They were messy and couldn’t find witnesses with strong testimony because not only did the “lead” investigator mess everything up, but all SOP and protocols were seemingly abandoned. These are just the tip of the iceberg. Their own ME couldn’t rule out that injuries weren’t sustained from being hit with a car.

A big mess! But at least we know it was snowing that night. I know Lally really wanted us to know that.

As to that supposed SERT report and write up, reading the post #938 in last thread by arielilane… this statement caused me pause:

“To be clear, there is no SERT report from that night 1/29 in evidence in this case.”

And that reminded me of that famous quip from Counsel Robert Bennett then counsel for the former president…… “it depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is”

Questions IMO seem to be….. was there a SERT report? Was there ever a SERT report? And if so, what happened to it? If not, why not?

Post in thread 'MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13'
VERDICT WATCH - MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

CNN archive with some references to the statements of the former President and his then counsel. MOO

The defense's experts made it so very clear that he was not hit by a vehicle, at all, ever.

But I keep seeing people online saying "I think she hit him but it was an accident."

It makes me so depressed that so many people lack critical thinking skills in our world.

Not only that, the state's own ME seemed conflicted and noncommittal about whether it was possible for a car to cause John's injuries.

Everything about her demeanor and language signals to me that she doesn't find it to be likely, even if she does find it to be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50