VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
at the point where so many resources have been used including all the court time I have never seen a directed verdict agreed to by a judge. Judge would really make some headlines by doing that.
I guess she would've but at least for the right reasons. jmo

eta but yes she may have been operating under sunken costs and prior investment fallacy.

One legal expert's opinion:

One viewer asked if Judge Beverly Cannone could use an Allen charge, also known as a "dynamite charge," if the jury remains deadlocked, where she issues further instruction to encourage those in the minority to reconsider their position.

"Absolutely," said Morjieta Derisier, a criminal defense attorney with Baystate Law Group.

. . .

Regardless, Derisier said it looks like jurors will be deliberating into next week at an absolute minimum.

"They're really taking their time," she said. "I would not be surprised if we're here Tuesday."

@SueNBCBoston

The jurors are more dressed up than usual.

Female juror who usually wears sneakers or flats wearing dress shoes.One wearing a professional dress.Foreman wearing a collared shirt.

9:09 AM · Jun 28, 2024
I try not to read too much into these things, but I think we've all seen jurors wear dressier apparel on verdict days.
And good morning, y'all!

Imo no-one likes to forego a free lunch. I think the fact jury have partaken on a number of occasions indicates the food is probably to their liking!
Do you think that if it’s true they’re dressed up to announce a verdict that would mean that some may be planning on talking to the media after? Moo

Last edited:
If you exclude the alternates, then it is a 50/50 split. If you include the alternates, then it leans female.
early on it was skewed female but now 50/50 for those deciding. Honestly don't know ages or professions other than one reported to be LE (ex or current probably ex). I do wonder what the criteria a judge in Ma. uses to hand pick the foreperson? Does she get feedback from the bailiffs as to who is the natural leader? Courtroom demeanor (note taking and attentiveness). I mean all so subjective. I prefer it where they go back and decide themselves.

Do you think that if it’s true they’re dressed up to announce a verdict that would mean that some may be planning on talking to the media after? Moo
always possible. If it is NG they would be comfortable speaking outside the courthouse...however from what I know of that Albert family as a juror not sure I would want to speak. I think by now many are known jurors...not sure how far the pool of jurors come from. If by some strange chance it was guilty of anything I would not expect them to speak at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim