VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge sounded very… mellow? I think she’s tired also.

Don’t think she’d ever dismiss this with prejudice - she’s also gotta live in the area…how far does the corruption reach, would her job be at stake? Just thinking.

I believe some jurors are likely extremely pissed at having to come back Monday. I don’t blame them.

Wow...I was expected another hung note. I expect this to just drag on to Monday and get yet another note. Very disappointing. AT this point there has to be some high tension going with the hold outs....now another weekend and going into the holiday week. I am sure some just wanted to end this. Probably not happy with the judge.

@KristinaRex

NEW: The jury in the #KarenReadTrial is going home for the weekend. No verdict reached after four days and now a deadlocked jury (per their note to court at 12:30 PM). They'll be back Monday morning to continue deliberations.

4:18 PM · Jun 28, 2024

@scooperon7

Standby for a 4:15 update from the deliberating jury in the Read murder trial..will they stay or will they go #7News

4:16 PM · Jun 28, 2024

Jury sent home for the day in the Karen Read murder trial without reaching a verdict…deliberations will resume Monday morning

4:21 PM · Jun 28, 2024

@TedDanielnews

Friday 4:18 pm: Judge Cannone has sent jury in the Karen Read murder trial home for the weekend. They will return Monday to continue deliberations.

4:18 PM · Jun 28, 2024

Wow...I was expected another hung note. I expect this to just drag on to Monday and get yet another note. Very disappointing. AT this point there has to be some high tension going with the hold outs....now another weekend and going into the holiday week. I am sure some just wanted to end this. Probably not happy with the judge.
I think she doesn’t want to give them the extra instructions if it means that a further note of a hung jury means she must release them. IMO she does not want any of the verdict to reflect on her. Pressure from people, I think.

• 4:18 p.m.: Jury adjourns for weekend, scheduled to resume deliberations at 9 a.m. on Monday.
  • 3:43 p.m.: Jury tells judge they will continue working until 4:15 p.m.
  • 12:17 p.m.: "We all know how hard you've been working," the judge tells the jury. But she send them back to continue deliberations.
  • 12:13 p.m.: Sounds as if the prosecution and defense disagree about whether they should continue deliberations.
  • 12:10 p.m.: The foreperson writes a note that they have been unable to reach a verdict.
  • 11:57 a.m.: Court clerk says the jury has a question.
  • 9:08 a.m.: The judge thanks the jurors "for getting here promptly". She asks her standard three questions about not getting any outside info about the case. The judge sends the jury into deliberations.
  • 9:04 a.m.: Prosecutors Adam Lally and Laura McLaughlin have arrived. The court officer just called for the jury to be lined up and brought in.
  • 9:02 a.m.: Read and her attorneys have returned to the courtroom. Both families are here.

Updated: 4:20 PM EDT Jun 28, 2024

I find it odd as well. There are RUMORS that have been posted here about the makeup of the jury, but nobody seems to have found anything in MSM that supports the rumors (and of course, we get rid of those :))
The rumors I’ve seen posted on social media reference two separate professions, ones that I imagine would be like the two main professions I’d expect BOTH sides to want off the jury… very odd. And nothing from MSM

How many holdouts are there, it has to be someone saying Guilty on a higher charge no? I have a hard time believing it's someone holding out for a Not Guilty verdict unless it is on a lesser lower charge, and if it's a lower lesser charge you'd think they would just flip because the penalties for it are so much lower

My mind is reeling here ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member