VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

Thinking about the claims of : How can anyone at 34 Fairview even think that just tossing JOK's body on the lawn was a good idea??

IMO,
They were all trashed !!
A Blizzard was on the way !!!!

However it happened, I believe it was Higgins and Colin Albert who threw punches and/or items at JOK. Chloe jumped in for good measure, to protect her owner.

Brian Albert was in Oh s*#t mode, now that JOK was rendered unconscious. It happened in his house, with his BFF and his favorite nephew and his dog ! What to do? What to do??

Brian Higgins flees the scene, to go hide at Canton PD. Maybe catch the radio calls. Colin is secreted away ( at exactly 12:10 am ...sure :rolleyes: ) never to be mentioned.

The 2:22 butt dials between Higgins and BA happen. I believe it was then, that the stoopid alcohol induced decision was made to just toss his body outside, let him die ( so he couldn't answer questions) and hope for the best. Maybe a snow plow? Or just some dude dead on the street.

Brian Albert and whoever take JOK outside at 3:30 am. He will Call my buddy ( Berkowitz) in the am. Do not look out the window. "HE NEVER CAME IN THE HOUSE !!! "

They all were trashed. Not thinking clearly at all. They were however, highly confident in getting some protection from 'friends'.

Just my meanderings while waiting for The Ceiling Fan to return.

I am probably one of the people who would be a holdout on this jury. I do think she hit him, unintentionally, and I would want to discuss my opinions with the other jurors and compare against the evidence to make sure my recollections of the evidence were correct. I would also want to understand the requirements to find her guilty under the law. All of this takes time, and I commend the jurors for seeming to be taking that time. I was on a jury that lasted three days. It was an animal abuse case. Honestly, myself and another were holdouts as we didn't think the defendant should be held responsible. This related to dog fighting and it was my opinion that they tried the defendant because her abusive partner had skipped town. I was discouraged because I didn't feel like some of the other jurors even wanted to discuss the case. One said, "Did you see the picture of the animal? We should find her guilty." After our first vote one of the jurors said, "We've been here three days. I want to go home." The other jurors were not happy with the two holdouts. I wanted to vote not guilty, but after we asked for clarification regarding the elements of the law and some definitions, the two holdouts agreed she was guilty. I must say that in my state the judge determines the sentencing. I really didn't want the defendant to go to jail. Impacting someone's life like this is a heavy burden, and I am proud that the jury didn't make a hasty decision in this case, regardless of what that is. Since this is a high profile case, I'm sure there will be lingering consequences for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steck1
Back