MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What would be a better expert? A PhD? An MD? All of those and more concluded KR did not hit JO.

I suspect that the jury had a juror or two who hung their hat early on some alleged evidence and refused to consider expert testimony or anything that refuted KR's guilt Sometimes you'll have that.
Didn’t the note to the judge mention something about their deep personal convictions (or similar)?
Makes me think they voted by emotion rather than facts.

How?
Do you believe Paul’s version of events and stuff?
Honestly I could only watch parts of his testimony, it was brutal. I believe the CW needs a good reconstruction expert.
I believe it happened somewhat the way Paul said, but not thrown 30 feet, his body was only 8 feet I believe from the road.

ME also testified he wasn’t in a fight. Trooper Paul was definitely not a good expert, however I do believe they will put more into the prosecution next time around. Obviously some of the jury believed he was hit by the car, so I’m not alone in my thinking. There is much more evidence of him being hit, then there is of some mass conspiracy in the house. Karen’s actions alone are hard to ignore. Just my opinion.
You know the black eyes were caused by the head injury, not being punched. When Kerry seen him it was only the one eye, by the time John arrived at the hospital both were huge.
Prosecutors may put in much more next time around. So will the defense. Except next time around those FBI hired guns will be prepped. Give the defense 6 months and the embarrassment coming to CW will be 10 fold.

ME was asked to put the “not in a fight” on the report. She was also called a whack job by proctor bc she wouldn’t be strong armed to declare homicide. She also couldn’t rule out dog bites.

Paul O’Keefe stated John looked like he went through 10 rounds w Tyson.

Honestly I could only watch parts of his testimony, it was brutal. I believe the CW needs a good reconstruction expert.
I believe it happened somewhat the way Paul said, but not thrown 30 feet, his body was only 8 feet I believe from the road.
If the physics don't match, a good reconstruction expert would rule out a vehicle pedestrian incident.

Has Proctor's wife weighed in yet with her opinion on her husband's suspension without pay? Curious if it's still sometime else's fault, and is she's still proud of his conduct?
I’m sure it’s all of our faults and K is a murderah.

She gives off Tammy Wynette song vibes. And her sister in law makes digs about it.

The prosecution had a chance to put on their best of the best as far as experts go. Why didn’t they? If it was that clear cut, why not put that baby to bed this time around?

Proctor’s conduct alone should disqualify him of all credibility.
No chain of custody, no immediate photos taken of tail light, no evidence entry or testing until months later.
Why is that ok and acceptable?
How is the line drawn between what to believe that comes out of his mouth?
I believe both sides wanted more time but the judge pushed it. One thing you didn’t find in Proctor’s phone was a cover up or conspiracy. Although the investigation was horrible, the truth is still there. There were plenty of photos of the car before it got the Sally Port.
I would have liked to see the Defense try this case without all the conspiracy and blaming everyone else, I get the expert testimony is still there but as I said before the tail light pieces around and on John speak louder to me.

realistically, even if a person knocked you down with enough force to split your skull in the area where Ok's skull was split, your body would show bruising, not just your rear occiput.
Zero hard grass involved.
He didn't move after he was dropped because it is not possible to move once coning has commenced, that was the impact on his brain.
You don't need 30 ft, 2 ft or even 1 foot.
Your torso is gonna get it.

I believe both sides wanted more time but the judge pushed it. One thing you didn’t find in Proctor’s phone was a cover up or conspiracy. Although the investigation was horrible, the truth is still there. There were plenty of photos of the car before it got the Sally Port.
I would have liked to see the Defense try this case without all the conspiracy and blaming everyone else, I get the expert testimony is still there but as I said before the tail light pieces around and on John speak louder to me.
Can you please provide a source with photos of the car prior to sally port arrival?
The real evidence photos. Not library pass by or welfare check on meadows ave.
Thanks in advance!

Pondering last weeks events.

I am going to make a prediction.

When the prosecution file again.
KR will plead for invol manslaughter and DUI.
Serve 18 months prison time.

And that will be that.

Reasoning, the defence had one chomp at this ridiculous conspiracy and they couldn't get it over the line.
They know it, and this is my opinion only.

Watch this space.

On the frozen ground thing....The last 3 or 4 winters in the Canton area have been so mild, I'm forgetting what solid frozen ground feels like. Just because it's January in New England no longer means the ground is hard frozen. It just hasn't stayed consistently stayed cold enough.

Can you please provide a source with photos of the car prior to sally port arrival?
The real evidence photos. Not library pass by or welfare check on meadows ave.
Thanks in advance!
Well there are evidence photos from trial, halfway down. Not sure it’s what you’re asking for.
Sooo you mean library or welfare check photos aren’t evidence?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back