MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Venting to a friend in text message about a fellow officers murder and what he perceives as his murderer is not that big a deal.
Was it Krass and unsavory of course.
But that is all I see him guilty of.

You gotta buy what the defence was selling to see any more than that.

Not here to convince, be convinced or challenged incessantly it's just my opinion.
Which I am entitled to have and express.
WS tos.

moo
Doesn’t seem like,a challenge to your opinion, rather an ask of your opinion? Just my interpretation. IMO

My opinion is that a police offer sharing confidential details about an active investigation is severe misconduct and a huge breach of public trust. Law enforcement are meant to be held to a higher standard than average citizens. It is far more serious than mere gossiping.

They actually need to switch states if not country for this one, if they're that sure of a prosecution they should be forced to pay relocation costs. to very far away places for both the defense and themselves
I think they have another big case coming, and maybe that one will be more drastic. If this small case split the state, the other one is way worse, and the victim was young and maybe even disabled? Not sure. In short, these in power may need to look at changing the whole structure after that.
So I am far away, and "not my state", even, but I can see how pregnant the situation in MA is. For everyone. You can't fire too many cops because the crime will be up and you can't pretend that nothing is happening, either.

Venting to a friend in text message about a fellow officers murder and what he perceives as his murderer is not that big a deal.

Not here to convince, be convinced or challenged incessantly it's just my opinion.
WS tos.

moo
was just asking you a question nothing more

Edited by me for typo

Last edited:
Someone mentioned this earlier, here is the news article about it:

Police investigating after dead turtle left outside home of Turtleboy blogger’s parents​

The same day Karen Read’s trial ended in a hung jury, someone left a grisly surprise for Turtleboy blogger Aidan Kearney’s parents.​

That was me, thanks

I have the NYT on full boycott so I cannot read this.

Strong feelings is not enough to corrupt a jury.
They saw the evidence, better than we did.
The medical evidence was simplified, particularly by Dr Sheridan.

Simplified BARD.
With reasons and rationale provided in simple language. It's not like he is not an expert, 13000 autopsies.

What could have possibly tainted them after hearing that???

It cannot be the colour of her hair, clothes, mannerisms or personality because that only goes so far.

I think there is a story here, a big story.

I have no idea who will dare to break it though..
Can you elaborate kittythehare? Please. I’m so interested in what you’re saying here! Tia!

My opinion is that a police offer sharing confidential details about an active investigation is severe misconduct and a huge breach of public trust. Law enforcement are meant to be held to a higher standard than average citizens. It is far more serious than mere gossiping.
Yes. Seriously, how on earth can it not be? Proctor shared details of his active investigation with his circle of buddies. He was more than just an investigator, he was THE LEAD investigator on the case. Proctor has to be held accountable not only because of his severe misconduct and failure to work witin the standards expected of one in his position, but also because in breaching public trust he undermines the integrity of the MSP. IMO

But it's more than that: Proctor was also sending misogynist text messages targetting Karen Read to fellow officers involved in the investigation, including Trooper Bukhenic, who testified in the case. Imo it's also severe misconduct, a complete breach of professional standards, and possibly even more in a legal sense, to be encouraging and spreading hate, to be actively spreading, if not encouraging, misogynistic attitudes within the MSP. Moo

For any one giving Proctor a pass, if you are a woman or the husband, friend, brother, father, grandfather or son of a woman maybe think about whether this seems ok or not. Moo

WS tos.

moo

'I bet the home owners will get some sh..
'no he is a Boston cop'.

Can you elaborate kittythehare? Please. I’m so interested in what you’re saying here! Tia!
I'll try.

The evidence that he was hit by a vehicle was simply not evident from his body.

They're after screwing up the entire justice system to prove what cannot be proved.
To me this is completely insane and I want to know why they're doing it and how far do they intend taking it? Who gains, in their group mind?

Yes. Seriously, how on earth can it not be? Proctor shared details of his active investigation with his circle of buddies. He was more than just an investigator, he was THE LEAD investigator on the case. Proctor has to be held accountable not only because of his severe misconduct and failure to work witin the standards expected of one in his position, but also because in breaching public trust he undermines the integrity of the MSP. IMO

But it's more than that: Proctor was also sending misogynist text messages targetting Karen Read to fellow officers involved in the investigation, including Trooper Bukhenic, who testified in the case. Imo it's also severe misconduct, a complete breach of professional standards, and possibly even more in a legal sense, to be encouraging and spreading hate, to be actively spreading, if not encouraging, misogynistic attitudes within the MSP. Moo

For any one giving Proctor a pass, if you are a woman or the husband, friend, brother, father, grandfather or son of a woman maybe think about whether this seems ok or not. Moo
I wouldn't be giving him a pass but am most interested in tracking this back to its origin..
But it probably isn't just Proctor.
He's not working for himself, most likely, was possibly following orders..

I wouldn't be giving him a pass but am most interested in tracking this back to its origin..
Following orders to spread misogyny? I'm probably misreading you. He is probably one of a number doing the same thing jmo, though I'm not willing to speculate that there is actually a widespread culture of misogyny in MSP. jmo

I would say any and all employees of the State Police were, on the stand no less. VAGUENESS was their friend.

As someone said earlier: "The inverted video fiasco came out of left field in middle of trial. KR Defense now has months to investigate/subpoena/make motions/discovery demands etc about this issue. Expect this to be MUCH worse for DA at possible retrial."

And first time I’ve ever seen a judge actually suggest objections!
I have seen a judge ask the defense attorney if he would like my opening statement thrown out. The DA said no, because it was short. My statement was
'This is a claim in the amount of $x for damage caused by the defendant to *advertiser censored*, the actual damage was $x, but we decided to go through small claims as we thought it would be faster. The judge claimed that was testimony (what on earth?????) . The Judge threw just about every legitimate piece of evidence out. . We won the case, but in a lessor amount than was in my opinion fair. . 'It is better to know the judge than to know the law'!

I have seen a judge ask the defense attorney if he would like my opening statement thrown out. The DA said no, because it was short. My statement was
'This is a claim in the amount of $x for damage caused by the defendant to *advertiser censored*, the actual damage was $x, but we decided to go through small claims as we thought it would be faster. The judge claimed that was testimony (what on earth?????) . The Judge threw just about every legitimate piece of evidence out. . We won the case, but in a lessor amount than was in my opinion fair. . 'It is better to know the judge than to know the law'!
Unfortunately this probably true everywhere.

Someone mentioned this earlier, here is the news article about it:

Police investigating after dead turtle left outside home of Turtleboy blogger’s parents​

The same day Karen Read’s trial ended in a hung jury, someone left a grisly surprise for Turtleboy blogger Aidan Kearney’s parents.​

Poor turtle. Honestly, why do they always have to sacrifice innocent animals? Because humans are crazy and animals are sane, that's why.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandi_lee