MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartnett (forgot her last name) was probably the most incompetent forensic scientist I’ve ever witnessed. Pretty sure actors from CSI Miami would do a better job at collecting and testing evidence 20 years after the series ended. She swabbed 18 holes with two swabs!!! I can’t stress this enough. Also, please listen to the Kun cross. There was no exclusion of dog DNA. Mold, and dye kill DNA.
There are three possible explanations at the end of her testimony.
You can’t go just by what you hear other people say. You have to watch the entire testimony. Cross included.

There is zero strong evidence.
And if this happened to my family I would have a hard time controlling my anger at the DA, alberts, McCabes, canton pd and msp. Would probably be in jail for harassment bc they caused my loved one to not get justice. I would want them to give a crap so that I know who the murderer is.
None of them cared for JK. They cared for their good old boy club.
There’s also zero evidence that John ever entered that house or that any one else hurt him. Sadly in my eye so many people’s lives have been ruined over this.

Well her text messages to Higgins didn’t seem like she was real into the kids. She seemed to complain about them a lot. Actually post-arrest is all we got to work with here. Her teaming up with Turtleboy and throwing a bunch of people under the bus wasn’t the act of a nice person in my book, of course I’m sure we will see more about that when he goes to trial.
Is he going to trial, then? I was certain he'd been hung already, just reading the thread here this evening?

I am kind of sceptical about the defence filing. It seems insane to me that the jury could have reached an acquittal on murder but somehow no one told the judge.

And i have a lot of trouble believing the judge somehow engineered to keep it secret.

Be interesting to see how real this is

MOO

I am kind of sceptical about the defence filing. It seems insane to me that the jury could have reached an acquittal on murder but somehow no one told the judge.

And i have a lot of trouble believing the judge somehow engineered to keep it secret.

MOO
I see it as more Defense theatrics. The Jury were more than capable of writing notes to ask questions as they did.

MOO
She didn't impound them until yesterday.
Why are you sceptical?
There is no information to suggest she conspired to do anything nefarious.

I just read the defense filing re: the two jurors and I have a (probably silly) question I’m wondering if someone can help me with !

When there is a mistrial, does the jury fill out other paperwork to attest to this for each individual charge (like how there was 3 verdict slips) or do they just not fill out the provided verdict slips ?

I just read the defense filing re: the two jurors and I have a (probably silly) question I’m wondering if someone can help me with !

When there is a mistrial, does the jury fill out other paperwork to attest to this for each individual charge (like how there was 3 verdict slips) or do they just not fill out the provided verdict slips ?
I don't know.
One would imagine they should..
I wonder how we can find out?

That was much ado about nothing. He wasn't canoodling. The click bait media, as usual, cut a short clip out and made Mt. Everest out of a mole hill. I'd like to see the entire video of that "canoodling" incident.

Honestly, I think that this article is an advertisement for AJ. First, that photo, then one with the wife, two photos in a big newspaper outlet for free.

Reactions: IDK
I see it as more Defense theatrics. The Jury were more than capable of writing notes to ask questions as they did.
Totally agree with this. I’m glad their names are being withheld for their safety from the likes of TB and KR supporters. Not saying they would be physically attacked, but harassed and questioned. They have completed their duties and owe the public nothing at this point.IMO.

It’s always interesting when a juror speaks out after a trial, however it kind of makes you wonder if anything that ONE juror says can be truly representative of the whole. All IMO.

Has Proctor's wife weighed in yet with her opinion on her husband's suspension without pay? Curious if it's still sometime else's fault, and is she's still proud of his conduct?
And will she still stand by him now that he has no cushy income to support her ignorant mouth.
Her words:
"I stand by my husband."
"Karen Read is a murderer!"

I must admit I have NOT followed this case in depth. What are your opinions did Karen Read murder her boyfriend John O' Keefe?

People mostly support KR. I believe she is guilty but I think that the charges should have been “negligent driving causing an accident”, not second degree murder (given that in CO a guy who burned five people in their house just got second degree; the situations are incomparable.) I always felt that there was more to this case; either DA’s chair is too attractive or maybe, there indeed has been much corruption under his aegis? I don’t know the intricacies of the CW policy, but there is another serious case in Norfolk brewing, and that one might have worse consequences. Either way, the rockfall is going to be bad. It would be interesting to see who leaves at the end, and who stays and to trace political relocations. I believe they are going to happen. It might well be so that the people who triggered it all didn’t foresee the avalanche. JMO.

People mostly support KR. I believe she is guilty but I think that the charges should have been “negligent driving causing an accident”, not second degree murder (given that in CO a guy who burned five people in their house just got second degree; the situations are incomparable.) I always felt that there was more to this case; either DA’s chair is too attractive or maybe, there indeed has been much corruption under his aegis? I don’t know the intricacies of the CW policy, but there is another serious case in Norfolk brewing, and that one might have worse consequences. Either way, the rockfall is going to be bad. It would be interesting to see who leaves at the end, and who stays and to trace political relocations. I believe they are going to happen. It might well be so that the people who triggered it all didn’t foresee the avalanche. JMO.
I tend to agree with you, the charges could have been more accommodating.
But I think the prosecution thought this was gunna be easy slam dunk.
Will be a tight ship if it gets to trial again.

I stated in a post earlier I predict that when the prosecution bring charges again.... karen will plead out for invol manslaughter and DUI.
Serve under 2 years.
over and out!

moo

(I personally think they will go her harder charges and she is deserving of them but they will meet inthe middle and just be done with this crap show!)
It will be justice of small sorts for John O'keefe.

IMO despite the small discrepancy regarding KR seeing JOK at the door, her statement still seems to align with RN and Hannah who testified that KR was alone in her car and appeared calm and on her phone when they passed in her vehicle. They did not testify to seeing JOK in the vehicle or in the vicinity outside of it which leads me to believe he was already in the house or perhaps somewhere on the property that was not visible from their vantage point, like behind the fence to the house’s left where there is another entrance into the house via the back door.

Day 12 of testimony from Ryan Nagel and his ex-girlfriend is interesting.

They both stated they met the black SUV turning right onto Fairview Road, at the same time they were about to turn left from Cedarcrest. Hannah noticed there was a man in the passenger seat, and a female driving. They let the SUV turn first, and their F150 truck immediately followed the SUV to the Albert home where it had already pulled up alongside the home in front of them. They pulled in behind the SUV which was about 1 car length ahead. They were there for less than 5 minutes while they spoke with his sister who came out of the house. During that 5 minutes, the SUV pulled up another 1-2 car lengths.

When RN and Hannah pulled away, they noticed only a female in the driver's seat with a dome light on. I don't understand how John O'Keefe could have exited that SUV so quickly with them not noticing him walking away, if their truck was following right behind them the entire time. This part wasn't explored further in questioning those two.

The only way I can think of why they wouldn't notice him is if John exited the vehicle and went to the left side of the house and up to the rear of that house, where the dog likely had been let out around the same time. Maybe he went to pet the dog. I still have an image of him putting his right arm over the fence or gate and the dog attacked him.

Another discrepancy is that others testified Higgins had been parked on the roadway pretty much in the same spot as where Ryan and Hannah had pulled up, or just in front of them. But RN and Hannah stated there was no other vehicle between them and the SUV. So, where was Higgins' truck with the plow?

ETA: Ryan and Hannah also stated they noticed no damage on the SUV as they sat behind it, and they certainly didn't see it reverse.

MOO.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with you, the charges could have been more accommodating.
But I think the prosecution thought this was gunna be easy slam dunk.
Will be a tight ship if it gets to trial again.

I stated in a post earlier I predict that when the prosecution bring charges again.... karen will plead out for invol manslaughter and DUI.
Serve under 2 years.
over and out!

moo

(I personally think they will go her harder charges and she is deserving of them but they will meet inthe middle and just be done with this crap show!)
It will be justice of small sorts for John O'keefe.
I am not so sure.
Hopefully, but if there are any political reshufflings in Norfolk, it may never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela