MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Honestly I could only watch parts of his testimony, it was brutal. I believe the CW needs a good reconstruction expert.
I believe it happened somewhat the way Paul said, but not thrown 30 feet, his body was only 8 feet I believe from the road.

We've heard from two non biased independent reconstruction experts hired and paid for by the FBI and DOJ. They completely refuted trooper paul's testimony. If the cw had a better option than paul they would have put them on the stand.

Thanks. I’m looking for a source that provides evidence photos of the tail light prior to sally port arrival.
Library and welfare check aren’t true crime scene evidence photos. They are screenshots of videos. They aren’t clear, precise, nor sharp. There’s no clarity.

You stated before that there are plenty of evidence photos of the light prior to arrival at sally port.
That is what I was looking for.

Why do you think there are no “true crime scene” photos of the light prior to the sally port video? Doesn’t taking picture of the damage to the vehicle you believe ran someone down sound like SOP? Especially if that is your primary evidence that a murder occurred? You seem to expect that those should exist in order to prove the state of the taillight. Hmm.

Who is responsible for providing photos that prove the light was damaged when KR left BAs house?

Instead of conclusive proof which could have been easily obtained and should have been SOP, we are left with testimony from KR and an officer at the scene when her vehicle was seized. BOTH of them stated that the taillight was not smashed. How is that NOT reasonable doubt??

Judge Beverly Cannone.

I think she'll have to speak to each juror individually and ask each if they intended to find Read not guilty on counts 1 and 3. If all 12 are definitive that they did, she'll have to grant the motion, IMO.

But I suspect she'll find enough ambiguity in their responses to deny the motion. Even though she's the one who screwed up here in not clarifying whether they were hung on all counts.

Reminds me of the Alex Murdaugh trial. The clerk of court was improperly telling the jurors that they had to be wary of Alex's testimony. In a post-trial hearing the clerk was found to be untruthful on the stand. And at least one of the jurors testified that the clerk influenced her. However, the judge overseeing the hearing found enough wiggle room to let the verdict stand.

Don't get me wrong, I think Alex did it. But the way the judge just swept aside concerns over the clerk's influence on the jury was rather fishy. I think the SC justice system was determined that there would be no retrial and no more national spectacle, no matter how egregious the violation.

BH testified he thought a tall man with dark hair came into the house.

I would love to see a layout of the house. I suspect JO came in through the main door of the house and BA said the door to the basement was 6-8ft from the front door. That seems odd to be so close, but would like to see.

There is a diagram of all floors at Zillow, along with real estate photos of most of the rooms. He definitely would not have had to walk through the house to get to the basement door and the opening to the dining area, where the young people were supposedly all seated is just standard door size.

There is a diagram of all floors at Zillow, along with real estate photos of most of the rooms. He definitely would not have had to walk through the house to get to the basement door and the opening to the dining area, where the young people were supposedly all seated is just standard door size.

We have a house, you enter through the front door, and the first door on the RHS is the entrance to the basement.

It is not a fact that John was not struck by a vehicle.

One set of experts offered this opinion based on pictures they looked at, while not considering other evidence that very much argues he was struck.

Touché. I should have said: I don't think she lied, but even if she did, would that change the fact that it was never proven that John was struck by a vehicle?

IMO MOO

OK found the layout.

Definitely someone could come in the front door without anyone in the kitchen seeing them, and were any of them in the dining room? Seem all testified they were in kitchen.

OK found the layout.

Definitely someone could come in the front door without anyone in the kitchen seeing them, and were any of them in the dining room? Seem all testified they were in kitchen.

This is not true. In fact, the testimony was very clear that there were sort of two parties going on... one with the adults in the kitchen and the other with the kids in the dining room or whatever you call the room immediately to the right of the traditional front door.

Reactions: IDK
Interesting. There is a weight room presumably in the basement???

We have a house, you enter through the front door, and the first door on the RHS is the entrance to the basement.
Found it....so all the people in the kitchen did not have a clear sight to the front door. Now makes more sense to me how JO could have been ushered into the basement without anyone seeing him. BUT, of course BH said he saw a man come into the house. I really hope JO gets some justice.

It all happened so FAST.

I just read the defense filing re: the two jurors and I have a (probably silly) question I’m wondering if someone can help me with !

When there is a mistrial, does the jury fill out other paperwork to attest to this for each individual charge (like how there was 3 verdict slips) or do they just not fill out the provided verdict slips ?
Thank you granny! IANAL. And I have been wondering the same. And if so, I also wondered if the jury might have formed their agreed verdicts and written their conclusions, as to not guilty on the two counts? And did that occur before the judge declared the so-called mistrial? And were there other possible procedural errors introduced or allowed?

IMO there were some curious interactions with the two written notes delivered to the court. This might be interesting as it unfolds. MOO

This is not true. In fact, the testimony was very clear that there were sort of two parties going on... one with the adults in the kitchen and the other with the kids in the dining room or whatever you call the room immediately to the right of the traditional front door.
OK, missed that. But, the kids could have easily missed someone entering the house as it looked as if it was not completely open. A wall then a door.

One of the things that jumped out at me when I first saw the house photos is the fact that only one room looks pristine. The kitchen is very shabby and most of the carpet in the bedrooms needed replacing over a decade ago. But not this large room in the basement, which was probably used as a family room. Before the new carpet and crown molding were put in, I suspect it had sofas, TV, maybe a bar? The McCabes are staring endlessly out the window at Karen's car, the kids are in the dining area, and the menfolk were likely here:

I really hope JO gets some justice.

100%. I think it is a terrible disservice to his name and memory that the investigation was, and continues to be, botched so thoroughly. I don’t think we will ever truly find out what happened to him… and isn’t it a cruel twist of fate that the very people who wanted to give him that justice whatever the cost, are the ones who ultimately denied him that. It’s so sad and he deserved better :(

Do you have a link?

OK, missed that. But, the kids could have easily missed someone entering the house as it looked as if it was not completely open. A wall then a door.
Everyone is only going by what JMc said, already has committed perjury on the stand and hoping that is 'taken care of'' in time. They were all hanging around together, JMc all in a rush to put on 'show' with her sister and her umbrellas singing It's RAINING MEN'. made a big point of that, so that the 'kids' could see it..One big creepy party. Let's hope unbiased due to WHATEVER or however others brains work in life, that who should go down for this awful event does. There are quite a few. BA will never admit a thing,he never has and never will and ones that fear him won't either. We have to depend on leaks from 'kids' talking over the past couple years or maybbbbe Proctor will have some sort of incriminating evidence on OTHER people. He, himself has been CAUGHT.

House picture with corresponding floor plan - entrances circled. JO definitely could have come in the front door and gone down the basement stairs without being seen by anyone in the kitchen or dining room. But IMO someone would have needed to show him where to go if this was his first time at the house.

IMG_1265.jpeg

Everyone is only going by what JMc said, already has committed perjury on the stand and hoping that is 'taken care of'' in time. They were all hanging around together, JMc all in a rush to put on 'show' with her sister and her umbrellas singing It's RAINING MEN'. made a big point of that, so that the 'kids' could see it..One big creepy party. Let's hope unbiased due to WHATEVER or however others brains work in life, that who should go down for this awful event does. There are quite a few. BA will never admit a thing,he never has and never will and ones that fear him won't either. We have to depend on leaks from 'kids' talking over the past couple years or maybbbbe Proctor will have some sort of incriminating evidence on OTHER people. He, himself has been CAUGHT.

Oh, never thought of that. If IA is deep into investigating him, it's likely there are more crimes. Maybe he'll strike a deal. Covering for them certainly did him and his career, livelihood, reputation, etc. no favors.

IMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvdbxo
Back