MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is only going by what JMc said, already has committed perjury on the stand and hoping that is 'taken care of'' in time. They were all hanging around together, JMc all in a rush to put on 'show' with her sister and her umbrellas singing It's RAINING MEN'. made a big point of that, so that the 'kids' could see it..One big creepy party. Let's hope unbiased due to WHATEVER or however others brains work in life, that who should go down for this awful event does. There are quite a few. BA will never admit a thing,he never has and never will and ones that fear him won't either. We have to depend on leaks from 'kids' talking over the past couple years or maybbbbe Proctor will have some sort of incriminating evidence on OTHER people. He, himself has been CAUGHT.
I remember BH saying he saw kids in kitchen. So many stories to keep straight.

Really wondering about JM's testimony. Might watch it again as well as her husband's. I am a glutton for punishment....

I remember BH saying he saw kids in kitchen. So many stories to keep straight.

From the testimony, I think they are calling the dining area part of the kitchen, which may be causing some confusion. You can see from the photos and diagram the area is completely open to the kitchen, so that makes sense. It is not really open to the foyer though. Just a standard sized door opening.

Nicole Albert testified that she wanted people to come in the center front door because the side door brings guests straight into the living room (she called it a den for some reason) and she preferred they come into the foyer in wet weather, which makes sense. I don't recall what she said about lighting, but it stands to reason she would have had the center door lights on rather the side door lights to encourage people to enter the foyer that night.
IIRC, wasn't BH testimony confusing as to what doors BA, wife and he went into house. I thought side door. And when watching JM's testimony, I wondered if front door was left open because there was a screen on the door.

And photos shown to BH were in study? Pretty easy for them to be waiting there for someone to come in front door....

IIRC, wasn't BH testimony confusing as to what doors BA, wife and he went into house. I thought side door. And when watching JM's testimony, I wondered if front door was left open because there was a screen on the door.

And photos shown to BH were in study? Pretty easy for them to be waiting there for someone to come in front door....

If you mean the military medals, it's not clear which of the first floor rooms they were in. Best guess is the "den" or the "library". Higgins said he went "up" to see them, but confirmed they weren't in a bedroom. He denied being in the basement, but he must have been.

Here is the Albert naming scheme for their rooms:

They call the dining area part of the kitchen.
They call the fireplaced room a den instead of a living room.
They call the den to the left of the front door as you enter a library. (Come on, the house isn't THAT big)
Which begs the question - why no living room?

Or did they call the large (front to back) finished room next to the weight room in the basement the living room?

If you mean the military medals, it's not clear which of the first floor rooms they were in. Best guess is the "den" or the "library". Higgins said he went "up" to see them, but confirmed they weren't in a bedroom. He denied being in the basement, but he must have been.

Here is the Albert naming scheme for their rooms:

They call the dining area part of the kitchen.
They call the fireplaced room a den instead of a living room.
They call the den to the left of the front door as you enter a library. (Come on, the house isn't THAT big)
Which begs the question - why no living room?

Or did they call the large (front to back) finished room next to the weight room in the basement the living room?
IIRC BH's did not remember where he went. But, wouldn't photo's of kids be logically in study? Why upstairs in bedrooms?

I think they were being purposely confusing. What, where, when. AB said BH was never in weight room, only outside for a celebration, and BH said he had been...all previously. IIRC.

If I cant remember all this testimony details....how did any of the jurors remember a thing.

IIRC BH's did not remember where he went. But, wouldn't photo's of kids be logically in study? Why upstairs in bedrooms?
No one said they were in the bedroom. Quite the opposite. BH testified he went upstairs to see the military medals/photos, but denied being in the basement. Yannetti got him to admit he didn't go to the second floor.

He can't have it both ways. If he went upstairs to see the military stuff, he had to have been in the basement. And he denied being in the basement.

BH testified he thought a tall man with dark hair came into the house.

I would love to see a layout of the house. I suspect JO came in through the main door of the house and BA said the door to the basement was 6-8ft from the front door. That seems odd to be so close, but would like to see.
BH was friends with John he wouldn’t need to describe him as a tall dark haired man.

SBM. I think we can all agree on this. It's tragic on so many levels.
From last night….
Around the 1:58 mark the Dr talks about John’s raccoon eyes from the brain injury.
Around the 2:08 mark she’s says no major signs of an altercation on John’s body.

Excellent point. I think it's hugely problematic that jurors don't have access to rush transcripts, especially for trials that last multiple weeks. But "that's how we do it in Massachusetts".
Wish I had followed this trial from the onset, but came late and still catching up. :( Making mistakes...

Have changed my mind several times. I now think that if they retry this case, the defense will have even more damning details of a coverup. Won't go well for Alberts and family, plus BH. I would think they would not want a retrial.

Is there an IA going on?

Did he then say he believed it was one of the girls boyfriends.MOO
Unfortunately I am not certain and cannot recall what might have been said.

I was offering an opinion of my own beliefs on the matter. IIRC there have been multiple questions about the truthfulness of several witnesses involved in this case. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela