MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did not watch a lot of the testimony in this trial- so not sure what the details of the basketball hoop were- some of them fold and it probably was not lighted (though I have seen some with an attached LED!) so I would think it might be hard to see, IMO.
Thank you for helping me understand.

It's New England, the plow start to keep the lightly falling snow from freezing on the streets before the snow gets heavier. The DEPTARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS sends them out. They do not do it on their own. They work for the town. Those hoops have wide stands, black. Plenty are placed on the edge of the road in front of the homeowners house, or in the driveways if there is enough room. That is the kind of neighborhood where you can see if a car is coming, a family and quiet type neighborhood it is.
Yes! The city has a mandate to keep the roads clear of snow and ice. Plowing and salting and sanding roads is what they do, keeping residents safe to drive in snow storms.

A family and quiet type of neighborhood where everything was so silent at the break of dawn with all those emergency vehicles, Karen screaming, bright blue and yellow lights flashing from cop cars, ambulances, personal vehicles and fire trucks, all those people on the lawn attending to John talking and shouting, radios going off - and not one of the Alberts heard anything or came out to investigate or help, even after Jen went inside to "inform" them. So honorable!

MOO.

I did not watch a lot of the testimony in this trial- so not sure what the details of the basketball hoop were- some of them fold and it probably was not lighted (though I have seen some with an attached LED!) so I would think it might be hard to see, IMO.
Yes. The hoop stand was never the issue, it was that Albert car parked down where JO found in predawn on the street, away from his driveway on a snowstorm starting where you do not park after midnight.

If it ends up being true that they all agreed to acquit on 2 of the charges but they failed to make that clear to the judge, then that reflects very poorly on all of them. It should have been obvious that they needed to be clear about that.
according to the filing they also voted 8 to 4 to convict her on the manslaughter while driving drunk charge.

let's all be clear about what that means. while the jury (purportedly) did not find the prosecution proved 2nd degree murder and sort of by extension also didn't prove she knowingly left the scene of a fatal crash... at least 8 of them clearly don't believe the conspiracy chatter that is so popularly discussed here and elsewhere.

8 members of the jury believe the prosecution proved KR hit and killed JO with her SUV while driving drunk.

(of course this is all subject to the filing details being true)

I've been a dog walker for over 20 years. I may not have gone into every room of every house but I've been in most rooms of every house. She was lying.
After watching her testimony again, I dont believe a word she has said. And when defense was asking questions she really coped an attitude. Could not remember a thing. Also contradicted her friend. She said BA had a hand on Chole's collar...someone else said Chloe walked around for a bit. None of these people can keep their stories straight.

Honestly, yeah, I think the fact he self reported himself for hitting a basketball hoop provides more credibility to his testimony, that’s embarrassing, if I’m being honest I probably wouldn’t do that, why would you do that unless you’re just being a stand up person
Cause Lally will call him out on it. I didn’t find his testimony credible MOO

Snow state here, but snowplows in my town only go through residential areas if the snow is around 6in in accumulation.
Where I am they start asap, you hear the scraping sound a lott as snow is patchy where it has not stuck and or has been treated by the previous plow or pass. Town trucks. Six inches would NOT work as there are plenty of cars on the road all times of day and night. Six inches of snow on the roads is BAD and dangerous driving. We have a family town with the schools a plenty and busses and walking kids. Just like Canton.

IIRC wasn’t there testimony or evidence that the snow plow driver didn’t report the unattended car since it was sitting in front of the Albert’s house? And he did not necessarily want to impugn or jeopardize them? MOO
Yup that’s what he said.

Where I am they start asap, you hear the scraping sound a lott as snow is patchy where it has not stuck and or has been treated by the previous plow or pass. Town trucks. Six inches would NOT work as there are plenty of cars on the road all times of day and night. Six inches of snow on the roads is BAD and dangerous driving. We have a family town with the schools a plenty and busses and walking kids. Just like Canton.
Our plows never start before the snow. We have some trucks that will spray salt stuff on the roads, but our plows never start until they have to. I am pretty sure the city dips into the snow removal fund for other stuff. God knows what they do with it. Huge snowstorms residential areas get one pass down the middle of the road and usually after you've already dug out your driveway

Maybe Proctor can ask the Alberts to help him get a new job as his gift. Because they're so kind and generous.
MOO.

Does he have any IT skills? Matt McCabe could hook him up.

And ya have to wonder WHY. How did these people get so many to go along with it and lie? What power and influence do they actually have?
There is not that many and they feel like the 'cool kids' being in the confidence of McCabe, Alberts. Pathetic. Others are all related and it is the one goes down the rest do. Wonder how cool those 'kids' feel now living the lie all this time and seeing it start to allll come down, but gotta keep it uppp. Remember the power of fear of what the ALBERTS and McCabe and their mouths can do in that town, it is well broadcast by a lot of the local inhabitants. Watch the selectman meeting tonight There is a vid of it previously posted.

I've been a dog walker for over 20 years. I may not have gone into every room of every house but I've been in most rooms of every house. She was lying.
I'm must be missing something.

Why is it necessary for a dog walker to go inside the dog owners home to do their job of walking their dog?

Humans that have developed normally have many hard-wired neurological postural reflexes that dictate how our body responds to a loss of balance or perturbation that leads to a fall. Reflexes are involuntary. One of them is the "upper limb falling reflex" which is defined as a rapid dynamic response leading to the fingers impacting the ground first on falling. Humans don't land on a flexed fisted hands when they fall regardless of what direction they fall. They land reflexively on extended fingers and thumbs, extended wrists, and extended arms to catch themselves. Not knuckles. No chance CA fell on ice and landed on his knuckles.

Maybe Proctor can ask the Alberts to help him get a new job as his gift. Because they're so kind and generous.
MOO.
Proctor who???

I'm must be missing something.

Why is it necessary for a dog walker to go inside the dog owners home to do their job of walking their dog?
:) I would say to meet them, meet their dog, see if it works out all around. A hired person, ask around if you know anyone who has hired a dog walker. They usually don't have an office somewhere, sooo.

:) I would say to meet them, meet their dog, see if it works out all around. A hired person, ask around if you know anyone who has hired a dog walker. They usually don't have an office somewhere, sooo.
Sounds reasonable.

But what if a person likes strict privacy and doesn't care for people to come in their home. I would think it's fair to say that meeting out in the front yard would suffice. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttaylor21318
Back