MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@OldCop considered the possiblity that he went to the Police station to monitor reports. Was there reports of a body found, other reports related to the events, which makes a lot of sense. My instinct is that BH was trying to avoid committing perjury by stating that he saw a tall man show up briefly. MOO
Yes I agree. He wanted to see what and when the call would come in. But how bold to go back to the Canton police station under the influence of so much alcohol “to move vehicles around” and he also walked around the station to various places and floors inside in that state. Did not one of the on duty cops smell him? The dispatch cop testified he saw him. It makes no sense to me. Also, he’s still operating police vehicles while UTI when moving cars around.
MOO

Yes I agree. He wanted to see what and when the call would come in. But how bold to go back to the Canton police station under the influence of so much alcohol “to move vehicles around” and he also walked around the station to various places and floors inside in that state. Did not one of the on duty cops smell him? The dispatch cop testified he saw him. It makes no sense to me. Also, he’s still operating police vehicles while UTI when moving cars around.
MOO
Midnight shift, snowy night, the station was probably pretty quiet, not much activity in or out. BH didn’t come in the front door where you usually have a duty supervisor and maybe a clerk who would take any walk-in reports. Where he came in, he may have been visible to the dispatch officer, although I don’t know the layout of that particular station.
He said the Chief gave him an office at the station. He may have spent some time in there hunkered down, monitoring the scanner. He probably didn’t have a whole lot of interaction with other officers and there would be a lot fewer on duty for that shift in a smaller, low crime, town.
The station is a little unusual. It is a beautiful old school building. It likely has corridors with various offices running off it, many of which were probably closed on the late shift.
The whole car shuffle at the station could have been his excuse for going there that night although it is possible there were designated off limit parking spots during snow removal. I believe BH testified he had to move his police vehicles, plural. Why would a LEO be assigned more than one vehicle. Regardless, he shouldn’t have been driving at all that night.

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0500.jpeg
    IMG_0500.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0501.jpeg
    IMG_0501.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 9
I
Midnight shift, snowy night, the station was probably pretty quiet, not much activity in or out. BH didn’t come in the front door where you usually have a duty supervisor and maybe a clerk who would take any walk-in reports. Where he came in, he may have been visible to the dispatch officer, although I don’t know the layout of that particular station.
He said the Chief gave him an office at the station. He may have spent some time in there hunkered down, monitoring the scanner. He probably didn’t have a whole lot of interaction with other officers and there would be a lot fewer on duty for that shift in a smaller, low crime, town.
The station is a little unusual. It is a beautiful old school building. It likely has corridors with various offices running off it, many of which were probably closed on the late shift.
The whole car shuffle at the station could have been his excuse for going there that night although it is possible there were designated off limit parking spots during snow removal. I believe BH testified he had to move his police vehicles, plural. Why would a LEO be assigned more than one vehicle. Regardless, he shouldn’t have been driving at all that night.
Yes, perhaps he knew hardly anyone would be there, but still! What nerve!
I can't get over how daring he was to go into his place of employment - a police station - under the influence of alcohol, and operate police vehicles, and not one person called him on it.
I can imagine he had went to work after drinking many, many times before too.
I have a feeling he no longer has access to an office there since he's no longer 'working in the field', as per Jackson's cross. That's likely one reason he had to get a lawyer once they found that out, as well as the phone extraction (at the federal agency).
MOO.

In the witness listing, Higgins was indicated as being from Sandwich MA. He testified to being divorced...Center to center of towns, Sandwich is 55 miles from Canton. While there were certainly alternatives to going to the Canton police station, this might explain why he did not drive home as one might expect. Being UTI, bunking down for a few hours might make more sense than getting on the road for more than an hour. With consideration of the predicted weather....
MOO and might be making excuses.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela