MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kevin Albert has allegedly finished his suspension after an " independent" investigation per the Canon Select Board Meeting last night. That's it. That's all that's been released. No news of what that investigation found out? No news " what if any" punishment was given to him. As usual with ANYTHING coming out of Canton officials is usually shady, but it's about what was NOT said. Nothing was said that he had been found innocent of any wrongdoings or misdeeds. Nothing was said that he had been exonerated of the charges. Nope. Not one single thing except he had been suspended with pay for 3 months and he is now back on the job. Hmmm, a nice little paid vacation in the middle of the Summer for acting in such a way that the town had to launch an independent investigation. Of course if he had been found completely innocent or cleared of any wrongdoing, I'm certain that would be plastered all over the internet. What a town! What a county! Must be nice to be able to mess up on your job and get a sweet 3 month paid vacation out of it huh? My own opinion of course.

While all of this is going on, I would hope some agency is trying to find out what really happened to JOK at that residence.

Although, that would be extremely difficult to do since... carpet was removed, concrete was torn out and replaced, the door was replaced, and the people moved. Nothing to see here folks...

OK, here's an interesting little tidbit...

If you look at the docket for the appeal, one of the exhibits is "(TEMPORARILY IMPOUNDED) Transcript of May 24, 2024 Sealed Sidebar, filed by Attys. Martin G. Weinberg, Michael Pabian, Alan J. Jackson, and David R. Yannetti."

May 24 was Day 17 of the trial. It was the day that Brian Higgins testified. What went on during that sidebar that would have relevance to the issues under appeal? The exhibit has been sealed, but it's very curious.

I think I misspoke in the paragraph you referenced above: The investigation of this CASE, the prosecution of Karen Read, is at best a dog's breakfast at this point and that, as you indicate, is the consequence of more revelations ...some of which go to credibility of the investigators and by extension, the prosecutors; and some of which is exculpatory evidence. What I should have said, is that the investigation of this CRIME, the death of a police officer, should not be permitted to die on the vine.

I don't disagree, but unless someone comes forth who has information regarding how JO died, Karen Read will end up being the only person ever tried for this crime. I suppose we can hope the FBI information not yet shared can shed enough light on the truth, but absent this, there was literally no legitimate investigation ever done. Everything went towards trying to come up with enough BS to frame Read.

I don't disagree, but unless someone comes forth who has information regarding how JO died, Karen Read will end up being the only person ever tried for this crime. I suppose we can hope the FBI information not yet shared can shed enough light on the truth, but absent this, there was literally no legitimate investigation ever done. Everything went towards trying to come up with enough BS to frame Read.
I can't imagine it not being objectively investigated further.

What do you imagine they can do now? (assuming the FBI doesn't have more not yet shared) They didn't search the house that morning, despite a body being on the lawn. If John's DNA or a weapon that caused his head injury were in the house, they aren't there now. They didn't bring all parties down to the station to question individually. They allowed everyone in the house that night to pull their stories together ("Just tell them the guy never came in the house") and shockingly, questioned them together in the McCabe dining room. The photos of the "found" taillight are of poor quality with no context or positioning provided.

They never canvassed the neighborhood to ask about what neighbors heard or didn't hear. Never checked for any Ring or other camera footage of houses and businesses on Read's route, which would be long gone now. There's curiously missing video that should have existed, including the library and footage from John's home camera. They never photographed the condition of the taillight as it appeared when the tow driver arrived in the sallyport. John's injured arm was never swabbed. The dog was later allowed to go missing.

When something isn't investigated immediately (and willfully not investigated, IMO) and the lead investigator is allowed to tamper with evidence, because, as he himself stated, the homeowner as a Boston cop had nothing to fear, it's hard to imagine being able to reconstruct something like this so much later on.

Again, if the FBI has more, we'll hear more. But even they didn't come into the picture until much later. I think the only hope here is if someone comes forward, possibly due to fear of prosecution. (Higgins?) Aside from this, the people responsible for O"Keefe's death will probably get away with it.

I'm just imagining a few scenarios here. I wonder if down the track, in the event, say, of cw giving up the prosecution of KR ( conjectured details.but just say current appeal is successful and.for various reasons CW backs down on retrial of count two -maybe Morissey is forced to resign over longer term corruption allegations, maybe owing to outcome of fed investigation; maybe the current fed investigation into Sandra Birchmore is going to crack open probs in Mass ME office, and bring the investigative actions and inactions of cops like trooper Guiliano and possibly Bukhenic and Tulley into focus resulting in a sweep out), even if it's years down the track, would or could JOK's case be reopened and reinvestigated as a cold case? With no publicity, just quietly. This is the death of a police officer and I don't believe it will be dropped for good.jmo

Imo the starting point would be to thoroughly address the arm injuries and on the basis of expert study of photographic evidence draw the imo inevitable conclusion; a dog caused them. Idk but I believe the photographic evidence! would be sufficient for a detailed analysis ( size, depth of wounds, symmetry etc). Once investigators are convinced of the probable cause of the wounds, the next move is to look at the Albert's who had a suspect dog residing at the very location where JOK's body was found. Again Idk, but maybe in this speculated scenario, detectives or whatnot would at least have a go at interviewing some of these folks, maybe some of the minor players first. Sorry if I'm going too far here, but in circumstances where down the track a cleared out cw did become convinced that JOK was injured by a dog, could there be undercover cops used perhaps to try and draw out someone?

The other point imo is that there could be stuff we don:t know going on in the background right now. Maybe Chloe is actually alive in Vermont and defense (or in my dreams the FBI with the help of the lovely Drs Russel and Rentschler -Dr Wolf helps too in my imagination lol-) have tracked her down and made some measurements of her claws (and teeth possibly) to have compared with photographic evidence. If she:s gone then measurements taken from a dog of same breed and similar size might help. Moo

Yet another stain on MSP!! This is getting ridiculous.
Boston Globe: According to published reports, the 25-year-old recruit was missing teeth, had suffered a broken neck and a brain injury, and his body was covered in bruises when he was taken to Worcester Hospital where he was put onto life support.

WTAF? Training accident?

What do you imagine they can do now? (assuming the FBI doesn't have more not yet shared) They didn't search the house that morning, despite a body being on the lawn. If John's DNA or a weapon that caused his head injury were in the house, they aren't there now. They didn't bring all parties down to the station to question individually. They allowed everyone in the house that night to pull their stories together ("Just tell them the guy never came in the house") and shockingly, questioned them together in the McCabe dining room. The photos of the "found" taillight are of poor quality with no context or positioning provided.

They never canvassed the neighborhood to ask about what neighbors heard or didn't hear. Never checked for any Ring or other camera footage of houses and businesses on Read's route, which would be long gone now. There's curiously missing video that should have existed, including the library and footage from John's home camera. They never photographed the condition of the taillight as it appeared when the tow driver arrived in the sallyport. John's injured arm was never swabbed. The dog was later allowed to go missing.

When something isn't investigated immediately (and willfully not investigated, IMO) and the lead investigator is allowed to tamper with evidence, because, as he himself stated, the homeowner as a Boston cop had nothing to fear, it's hard to imagine being able to reconstruct something like this so much later on.

Again, if the FBI has more, we'll hear more. But even they didn't come into the picture until much later. I think the only hope here is if someone comes forward, possibly due to fear of prosecution. (Higgins?) Aside from this, the people responsible for O"Keefe's death will probably get away with it.
Well said and I agree. Hopefully there is pressure on someone who will flip. All that you mentioned that is not there, to me, indicates foul play and cover up.

Boston Globe: According to published reports, the 25-year-old recruit was missing teeth, had suffered a broken neck and a brain injury, and his body was covered in bruises when he was taken to Worcester Hospital where he was put onto life support.

WTAF? Training accident?

An Internal Investigation. while the murderer may be found guilty in some degree, the course managers and instructors will be vindicated. All the man’s teeth were broken, his neck was broken, his brain was pulverized and his body was covered in bruises. ‘Look the other way’.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Somberlicous
Back