MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerri Roberts is a sympathetic witness..no outright lies and I think she would have been well served to stay far far away from JMC. She is a critical witness and Jen needs her to back her theories. I think Kerri runs in different circles than the "wives" of LE Not sure what defense will do with her other than ask "did KR say I killed him" and pretty sure she did not hear that.

This is from yesterday:
x.com
@scooperon7

On trial for running over and killing her boyfriend John O’Keefe back in 2022, Karen Read leaves court in Dedham this afternoon feeling as confident as ever she’ll be found not guilty after one of the states key witnesses Jen McCabe was grilled under cross examination #7News

I think it’s a mistake that any defendant look confident or cocky regarding a verdict and I assume that press interviewed KR in order to report her feeling. If not, that’s a foolish statement to make. Juries are so unpredictable. Also has KR shown any emotions regarding John? When I’ve had the opportunity to watch, I haven’t seen anything except reactions that appear to me to be ‘me vs them’. Totally understandable on KR’s part but I expect to see sorrow as well since she lost a loved one. She may be very stoic but somehow I hope AJ explains that.

I think it’s a mistake that any defendant look confident or cocky regarding a verdict and I assume that press interviewed KR in order to report her feeling. If not, that’s a foolish statement to make. Juries are so unpredictable. Also has KR shown any emotions regarding John? When I’ve had the opportunity to watch, I haven’t seen anything except reactions that appear to me to be ‘me vs them’. Totally understandable on KR’s part but I expect to see sorrow as well since she lost a loved one. She may be very stoic but somehow I hope AJ explains that.
all she said was "it went very well" and they learned some new things

Court Resumes with ADA Lally's direct examination of Kerry Roberts.

Kerry Roberts says Read was making suicidal statements and her parent's wanted her sectioned.We heard about this from 1st responders in previous testimony

Kerry Robert describes seeing JO in the hospital after he was pronounced: She says both of his eyes were swollen and she noticed scratches on his right arm

Kerry Roberts says she allowed police to search her phone. She says police took her phone and JM's phone.

@TedDanielnews

No questions asked by the Defense of the witness for the CW and dear friend to John O'Keefe, Kerry Roberts.

I believe that the defense did not question Kerry R, due to her stating the line.." I'm a talker". Rehearsed anyone? Sounds like maybe an exact repeat from the previous witness?

@JHall7news

The next witness in the #karenread trial is Laura Sullivan. She was in Aruba on New Year's Eve of 2021-22. She lives in Pembroke. The family went on a post covid trip with a group of people to get some sun.

Laura Sullivan says in 2013 she was dating John O'Keefe's best friend Pat Rogers, who later took his own life. Sullivan had a son with Pat. O'Keefe got involved in the boy's life. "He was a constant."

1716403056312.png

2:30 PM · May 22, 2024

@BienickWCVB

Sullivan says her son's father was O'Keefe's best friend, also a Boston police officer. She says her boyfriend, Pat, committed suicide in 2013 after she became pregnant.

Sullivan says O'Keefe helped find her boyfriend's body after he died. "John never really left my side as a support system," she says. She asked O'Keefe to be her son's godfather.

2:37 PM · May 22, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members