MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that’s what you’re going with?
What motive does EVERYONE else involved in that process to conspire to frame Karen?

How and when do those pieces get to where his body was found - AS HER CAR IS BEING TOWED?

Who’s carry pieces of taillight and burying them for SERT to find on the VERY DAY he was found?

Was there not testimony that the Canton PD Chief was finding pieces of plastic at a later point, after Canton had "recused" itself??

There were MASSIVE lapses in securing the scene at the Albert's house. Not only wasn't the alleged crime scene completely abandoned within minutes of the removal of JO's body but there was NO SIGN IN OR OUT LOG of the personnel who entered or left the area of concern. Even more appalling is that when SELECT areas of the Albert's property were searched by the "B" Team of investigators ( The SERT team that doesn't even specialize in crime scene investigation) noticed personnel they claimed were members of the Canton PD (who we already know were compromised by their relationship to the Alberts), already there at the scene "searching " for evidence. Not a far reach to say they could have been planting or moving evidence. They easily could have planted evidence or even worse, since the scene was NEVER secured and no command structure was put in place, any Tom, Dick or Harry in the State could have trounced thru the crime scene and done who knows what?

Furthermore the scene was never photographed from afar. All we saw were close-up photos ( which weren't properly identified by those little yellow placards that are so very common in any competent investigation) For all we know those photos could have been taken at the police station when the motion activated cameras failed to record so many minutes of key personal interaction with KR's vehicle at the cops' garage. Why wasn't that video changed to a non-mirror image? People have shown how easy it is to convert the images to the correct viewpoint. Since this is such a HUGE part of the CW's evidence why wasn't the bare minimum done to make the video clearer and more accuratte?

You asked for a plausible explanation and I gave it to you. You may not like it or agree with it but it's absolutely plausible.

I ask again if JO was plowed into by a vehicle on the road, how did 42 pieces of shattered taillight fly with the body over 10-12 ft away from where the point of impact happened? Why weren't ANY pieces of taillight embedded in JO face, arms or clothes? Why weren't any pieces found in the road? How does a soft human body break reinforced plastic at 24mph with enough energy to shoot that plastic over such a distance in a snowstorm?
Much of this is a fever dream and I’m not spending time going point by point.
There were MASSIVE lapses in securing the scene at the Albert's house. Not only wasn't the alleged crime scene completely abandoned within minutes of the removal of JO's body but there was NO SIGN IN OR OUT LOG of the personnel who entered or left the area of concern. Even more appalling is that when SELECT areas of the Albert's property were searched by the "B" Team of investigators ( The SERT team that doesn't even specialize in crime scene investigation) noticed personnel they claimed were members of the Canton PD (who we already know were compromised by their relationship to the Alberts), already there at the scene "searching " for evidence. Not a far reach to say they could have been planting or moving evidence. They easily could have planted evidence or even worse, since the scene was NEVER secured and no command structure was put in place, any Tom, Dick or Harry in the State could have trounced thru the crime scene and done who knows what?

Furthermore the scene was never photographed from afar. All we saw were close-up photos ( which weren't properly identified by those little yellow placards that are so very common in any competent investigation) For all we know those photos could have been taken at the police station when the motion activated cameras failed to record so many minutes of key personal interaction with KR's vehicle at the cops' garage. Why wasn't that video changed to a non-mirror image? People have shown how easy it is to convert the images to the correct viewpoint. Since this is such a HUGE part of the CW's evidence why wasn't the bare minimum done to make the video clearer and more accuratte?

You asked for a plausible explanation and I gave it to you. You may not like it or agree with it but it's absolutely plausible.

I ask again if JO was plowed into by a vehicle on the road, how did 42 pieces of shattered taillight fly with the body over 10-12 ft away from where the point of impact happened? Why weren't ANY pieces of taillight embedded in JO face, arms or clothes? Why weren't any pieces found in the road? How does a soft human body break reinforced plastic at 24mph with enough energy to shoot that plastic over such a distance in a snowstorm?
When a person is hit by 4500 pound SUV - it does serious damage -at impact, his body is now traveling at 20 miles an hour.

Who’s carry pieces of taillight and burying them for SERT to find on the VERY DAY he was found?

Michael Proctor. But as I'm sure you are aware, taillight kept getting found for days. Including by drive-by by a conflicted cop and bestie of Higgins.

And of course, the Canton PD didn't find a single piece when there was just two or three inches of snow on the ground.

Michael Proctor. But as I'm sure you are aware, taillight kept getting found for days. Including by drive-by by a conflicted cop and bestie of Higgins.

And of course, the Canton PD didn't find a single piece when there was just two or three inches of snow on the ground.

You forgot how the LARGEST piece was found at the latest date.

I’m not replying to much of what you said because there’s so much there I disagree with and my time is limited.

I wanted to address the last part.
A human body is not a pillow.
When a person is hit by 4500 pound SUV - it does serious damage -at impact, his body is now traveling at 20 miles an hour.

They went back at a later date and found these pieces of light in "melted snow". How could they have been doing that while her car is being transported to the Sally Port??????
They found multiple pieces at multiple times. However the first pieces found were the evening it happened at the same time as her vehicle was being transported…. These pieces could not have been planted. Of course other times they can claim they were because they had her vehicle. (There was a search team at the house at the time her vehicle was being transported)

They found multiple pieces at multiple times. However the first pieces found were the evening it happened at the same time as her vehicle was being transported…. These pieces could not have been planted. Of course other times they can claim they were because they had her vehicle. (There was a search team at the house at the time her vehicle was being transported)

The close up photos are awful and completely without context. No measurements to even show where they were found.

But I don't see how you can conclude there was no opportunity to plant after they gained access to her car. First, because they were found over a period of many days and perhaps more importantly because there was a significant period of time where no one was at the scene that evening. This may be one reason why Proctor lied about the time the vehicle was picked up in Dighton.

The close up photos are awful and completely without context. No measurements to even show where they were found.

But I don't see how you can conclude there was no opportunity to plant after they gained access to her car. First, because they were found over a period of many days and perhaps more importantly because there was a significant period of time where no one was at the scene that evening. This may be one reason why Proctor lied about the time the vehicle was picked up in Dighton.
You definitely see things differently than I do….. so I’ll agree to disagree. These were not normal circumstances, after the first pieces were found yes they could have planted more, although I don’t believe they did.

Why is black plastic or some black material of some kind attached to the large piece of clear and red piece? I don't recall any black plastic or part of a cover being submitted as evidence. TIA
Not sure and not looking at the photo or evidence. But as was some discussion up thread, AFAIK that rear passenger taillight is a complete assembly. It is fastened from inside the vehicle with nuts. And I envision the outer rear red (and white insert) lenses are heat-welded to the black plastic housing around their outer edge or lip? The lens may be polycarbonate. And the black housing is likely ABS plastic perhaps? MOO

PS….for most newer vehicles it is not like days of old. When you used a Philips or flat blade screwdriver to remove the lens and a foam gasket from the outside of the vehicle. And bulbs replaced from the outside. Most newer and recent taillights are as described above. And the bulbs are also changed from inside the vehicle - by removing a small panel or bulb holder. MOO

taillight was “cracked” and he was pulverized

That is not her entire statement
I have commented twice regarding this. Might check back an hour or so. The Mass live article was abbreviated . I used it solely to confirm the date of the audio. Many have posted full remarks and I agreed, stating Mass lives quote was shortened.

Anyone have any explanation of how all the 42 pieces of shattered taillight miracled their way all up into the lawn, next to the flag pole and fire hydrant during a snowstorm? It's inconceivable that pieces of a taillight flew that far by hitting a soft human body.
Especially since there's video of her hitting JO's car at 5am. Now that is a feat of miraculous physics.

You definitely see things differently than I do….. so I’ll agree to disagree. These were not normal circumstances, after the first pieces were found yes they could have planted more, although I don’t believe they did.
I'm curious as to how long you think it would take someone like Proctor to plant some amount (but not the biggest piece...yet) of taillight at 34 Fairview.

Considering he knew there would be crap photos and there would be no measurements to show where they were found, I figure about 30 - 45 seconds, tops. Not hard to do at all, and there absolutely was time to do it that first evening.

Not sure and not looking at the photo or evidence. But as was some discussion up thread, AFAIK that rear passenger taillight is a complete assembly. It is fastened from inside the vehicle with nuts. And I envision the outer rear red (and white insert) lenses are heat-welded to the black plastic housing around their outer edge or lip? The lens may be polycarbonate. And the black housing is likely ABS plastic perhaps? MOO

PS….for most newer vehicles it is not like days of old. When you used a Philips or flat blade screwdriver to remove the lens and a foam gasket from the outside of the vehicle. And bulbs replaced from the outside. Most newer and recent taillights are as described above. And the bulbs are also changed from inside the vehicle - by removing a small panel or bulb holder. MOO
Going with that theory or any theory, for that matter, the defense has an obligation to present all that it found of the housing, not just the pieces that are convenient. moo

Looked to me like bumper to bumper contact.

AFTERALL, that’s what bumpers are for

Had her taillight been damaged, why are there no shards there, in the driveway?

A 4500 pound vehicle slammed into o’Keefe at 20 miles an hour - that’s what damaged Karen’s tailight
Because they didn't look for any there, just like they refused to consider any other suspect(s). Imoo

Going with that theory or any theory, for that matter, the defense has an obligation to present all that it found of the housing, not just the pieces that are convenient. moo
I don’t disagree. IANAL.

But it would seem IMO that it would be up to the prosecution to make their case with supported evidence and theory. And that would include any pieces or components of the rear taillight assembly. And specifically where each piece was collected, by whom, and when and where it was found. The defense could choose how they elect to counter with their case and present evidence as they deem fit.

I will let a defense lawyer chime in here if they wish about exculpatory evidence. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj