MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing with what she said. If she had information that something sinister happened to John on the night of his death why did she wait until the moment of her arrest to put it out there? If that were you wouldn't you have contacted the police as soon as you knew (and how did she know this?) or had your lawyer(s) contact the police with the information.
If I couldn't trust the local police because I was being framed, I don't know when or how I'd try to get that information out there.

If I couldn't trust the local police because I was being framed, I don't know when or how I'd try to get that information out

If I couldn't trust the local police because I was being framed, I don't know when or how I'd try to get that information out there.
Turns out there was no one but herself LE wise.

I don’t disagree. IANAL.

But it would seem IMO that it would be up to the prosecution to make their case with supported evidence and theory. And that would include any pieces or components of the rear taillight assembly. And specifically where each piece was collected, by whom, and when and where it was found. The defense could choose how they elect to counter with their case and present evidence as they deem fit.

I will let a defense lawyer chime in here if they wish about exculpatory evidence. MOO
In this case, however, those pieces were attached or, at the least, found together. Not to present then that way is shaping the evidence to fit a narrative. I think withholding that information, if they have, is a Brady violation. imoo

That’s a name, not a scenario
Trooper Procter appears to be a one man "Get out of Jail Free Card" if you assume KR is guilty as you stated you do.
All the evidence in this case has been mishandled and Trooper Procter was in charge. Some will say MP wanted to make the evidence more convincing
so he helped out in that area by "planting" pieces of the tail light. The FBI is investigating him.

To date in watching all those days and hours of the trial I have yet to see any evidence that shows KR's car hit and
killed John O'keefe.

JMO

I'm curious as to how long you think it would take someone like Proctor to plant some amount (but not the biggest piece...yet) of taillight at 34 Fairview.

Considering he knew there would be crap photos and there would be no measurements to show where they were found, I figure about 30 - 45 seconds, tops. Not hard to do at all, and there absolutely was time to do it that first evening.
He was at the Sally Port when the first pieces were being found. I believe it was still snowing (could be wrong) during the first search. There was definitely more snow on the ground then just 2 inches. John was under 4-6 inches according to testimony and it was still coming down heavy when he was found. Definitely not saying the investigation wasn’t crappy but that don’t excuse KR’s actions.

He was at the Sally Port when the first pieces were being found. I believe it was still snowing (could be wrong) during the first search. There was definitely more snow on the ground then just 2 inches. John was under 4-6 inches according to testimony and it was still coming down heavy when he was found. Definitely not saying the investigation wasn’t crappy but that don’t excuse KR’s actions.

I'm not really following. If you're talking about the Canton PD, which was much earlier in the morning, there was only a dusting on John's body, according to testimony and only a few inches on the ground. They brought out a leaf blower and should have found taillight if it was there. They only found some glass, which arguably should have been way harder to see.

The sallyport garage was much later. Much more snow then. There was was a period of time after the car was brought to the sallyport that the lawn was totally unsecured. Proctor also lied about the time frames involved with retrieving the car in Dighton.

They went back at a later date and found these pieces of light in "melted snow". How could they have been doing that while her car is being transported to the Sally Port??????
Well you see, acc to Seargeant B, they were just sitting around waiting for these pieces ro "reveal themselves" as the snow melted. Ludicrous.
They never secured the crime scene. Anyone and everybody had access to that area. And the biggest pieces were found last after the area had been searched multple times. What ? No grid search with shovels and rakes?
Was the leaf blower on the fritz?
The way this investigation has been conducted is an insult to John Okeefe. as well as his loved ones.
JMO

I'm not really following. If you're talking about the Canton PD, which was much earlier in the morning, there was only a dusting on John's body, according to testimony and only a few inches on the ground. They brought out a leaf blower and should have found taillight if it was there. They only found some glass, which arguably should have been way harder to see.

The sallyport garage was much later. Much more snow then. There was was a period of time after the car was brought to the sallyport that the lawn was totally unsecured. Proctor also lied about the time frames involved with retrieving the car in Dighton.
Yes, and unless perhaps - and only speculating - but in their haste to collect evidence with a freaking leaf blower, might they have blown the lighter plastic shards all over the place? If so, more likely contamination, corruption, and potentially compromised or lost evidence? MOO

Kerry testified that she brushed the snow off of John’s face about 4-6 inches, not a dusting.
While Proctor was bringing in KR’s car to the Sally Port around 5:30 there was a search going on at the property by State police I believe, they found tail light pieces and John’s shoe.

NEW: Alan Jackson, Karen Read’s defense attorney, says they have been told that Trooper Michael Proctor will testify for the Commonwealth.

NEW: The Commonwealth filed a motion today to exclude the testimony of Dr. Marie Russell, a defense witness who plans to testify that John O’Keefe’s injuries were consistent with that of an animal attack. #WBZ (1/?)

In its motion, the CW argues that it received late notice of Dr. Russel’s anticipated testimony, and no specific documents outlining her opinion, which is required by state procedure. (2/?)

CW says defense attorneys previously stated in a Feb 2024 hearing that they did not plan to pursue any claims that O’Keefe was attacked by a dog. CW says it was surprised and “unfairly prejudiced” when Attorney Yannetti referenced a dog attack in opening statements. (3/?)

CW has also moved to receive reports and opinions of at least three other defense expert witnesses, claiming defense has not cooperated with discovery in a timely manner. (4/5)

Both sides will argue this motion outside the presence of the jury on Monday morning at 8:30. (5/5)

Here's the full motion. Page 5 attached in next post.

1717708713926.png

Last page.

1717708755914.png

Trooper Procter appears to be a one man "Get out of Jail Free Card" if you assume KR is guilty as you stated you do.
All the evidence in this case has been mishandled and Trooper Procter was in charge. Some will say MP wanted to make the evidence more convincing
so he helped out in that area by "planting" pieces of the tail light. The FBI is investigating him.

To date in watching all those days and hours of the trial I have yet to see any evidence that shows KR's car hit and
killed John O'keefe.

JMO
there is a reason CW has not put the Trooper up on the stand yet. I guess they are saying next week. Now that should be good. Normally he would be the lead off witness...the man "in charge" but in this case the investigation was so botched they really don't know what to do with him.

Proctor lied about the time frames. He had time to plant the taillight that afternoon/evening. More to come. Hopefully he does testify, but it will be addressed during the defense's time.

I don't have a link to Kerry's testimony but there was no possible way there was up to a half foot of snow on the ground at that time of the morning. I know first responders testified to from a dusting to a few inches on John.

Take a look at the dashcam videos if you don't believe me. The wind was heavy, snow was blowing around. If you look at the cars in the driveways as the Canton PD officer drives to Fairview many barely had any snow on them.

So why didn't they find the taillight at the point in time when the conditions would be the best for searching? 45 pieces? Sorry, ain't never believing that.

Proctor lied about the time frames. He had time to plant the taillight that afternoon/evening. More to come. Hopefully he does testify, but it will be addressed during the defense's time.

I don't have a link to Kerry's testimony but there was no possible way there was up to a half foot of snow on the ground at that time of the morning. I know first responders testified to from a dusting to a few inches on John.

Take a look at the dashcam videos if you don't believe me. The wind was heavy, snow was blowing around. If you look at the cars in the driveways as the Canton PD officer drives to Fairview many barely had any snow on them.

So why didn't they find the taillight at the point in time when the conditions would be the best for searching? 45 pieces? Sorry, ain't never believing that.
We definitely heard and seen things differently……

We definitely heard and seen things differently……

What does this mean? I don't understand.

I'm about 4 miles from Fairview, if that, and I remember clearly looking out at 6 am exactly when my alarm went off and being surprised how little snow was on the ground and on my car. But you don't have to believe me. Check out the dashcam vid.

There should have been absolutely no reason for the Canton PD to miss such an extreme number of taillight pieces. Of course, thanks to the unbelievably bad investigation (which I think was intentional), we don't know where these pieces were in relation to John's body. But they couldn't have gone too far.

there is a reason CW has not put the Trooper up on the stand yet. I guess they are saying next week. Now that should be good. Normally he would be the lead off witness...the man "in charge" but in this case the investigation was so botched they really don't know what to do with him.

Probably a big dilemma for Lally. If he doesn't call him, it's going to look very bad. How many times has his name been mentioned so far? Dozens. The jury knows exactly who he is.

If he calls him, this means the defense get to cross, which Jackson would much prefer.

But what does Proctor want to do? He's already under internal investigation because of his bad behavior. The FBI is probably watching this trial closely. If he doesn't take the 5th, he's exposing himself to more criminal liability. If he does take the 5th, there is no chance of Lally getting a conviction here.

This is such a wild case.

IIRC when we were originally shown the video from the sally port am I correct in remembering that not once was it mentioned that the video had been flipped?
In other cases that I have followed this would have caused a stern warning by the judge to the prosecution at the very least.
The internet lit up last night across all sites indicating that the video was flipped so it seemed to me like Lally had no choice but to revisit that video and make it seem like Sgt B was forthcoming with the information.
IMO they hoped no one would notice. Say what you will but that tells me everything I need to know about Sgt B.

If I am a juror, it's also giving me red flag vibes bc of the way Sgt B stonewalled the defense's questions and was downright uncooperative.

IMO he was made to look hostile and also to like a fool. I think he was feeling the heat too because that neck move he makes is his "tell".

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members