MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that I acted unprofessionally but I swear I was professional with the other aspects of this investigation. MOO

ETA: He’s not sorry. Just sorry he got caught.

This exactly. Professionalism extends beyond being on the clock. Now, this is what’s just in a few texts. Imagine what they said to each other in person.

But wait !!! There's more !!!

It seems that MSP jerks think they are funny when they talk about themselves influencing ME's Reports....

Mmmkay?

Goodness! Make it stop!
And, Alan Jackson hasn't said a word yet to him.

@BienickWCVB

Proctors voice gets softer as he reads the texts. He is obviously embarrassed. The court officers signal the judge the jury can't hear him. The judge tells him to speak up.

Proctor says despite his personal comments, "the compelling evidence pointed right at" Read.

Proctor is now reading text messages he shared with a co-worker, Tpr David DiCicco. Says they were "busting each other chops" in regards to a conference call with the medical examiner and the autopsy. Calls it a "typical joke."

In another message with DiCiccio about the medical examiner not determining O'Keefe's cause of death, Proctor says he again referred to Read as a "whack job."

Imo it’s so different because Higgins’ texts were to Karen. Odd situation, but a private conversation between two adults, about themselves. Proctor on the other hand is discussing his work with family/friends and saying gross stuff. Of course this is going to be harder for MP than BH.

Proctor just made a little poor me speech trying to explain why he sent those disgusting messages within 18 hours of the investigation and he waxed lyrical about how there was undeniable evidence or similar of KR having hit and killed JO as if that somehow explained his attitude when we haven't heard any evidence to support what essentially comes across as his opinion. Then proceeds with the standard am not proud of it. What is that? Simply not credible and no remorse and no real insight into the fact that he is showing bias that must have affected his investigation. He can say it didn't until the cows come home imo but the way he is on the stand does not demonstrate that. I almost feel sorry for him; he is piteously pathetic. But what a p i g. And his conduct will not be excused by jury imo and imo the average person will be unable to find him credible, honest and sincere. Moo

I remember well that Kerry said, there was a small hole with wires sticking out. She did say but the light was covered with snow, (thought, well wipe it off). I also thought same, as I didn't 'see' that the smashed in, if IT WAS THERE, would be all filled in with snow. She told KR that, you could of done that anywhere, which further made me believe that yes, it was a 'small hole'. She wasn't saying, oh no, the whole tail light is smashed out.
Respectfully, I don't think anybody said anything about "a small hole with wires sticking out." The tail light housing would need to be removed to expose the wiring.

12:15 p.m. — Kerry Roberts describes arriving at O’Keefe’s house on the morning of Jan. 29

Roberts told prosecutor Adam Lally that O’Keefe had Ring security cameras in his driveway and at his side door. He also kept a “big old blue convertible” in the garage, Roberts said.

“He was a neat freak,” she said. ”You took your shoes off” when entering his house, Roberts said.

Asked if that rule was “relatively strict,” she said, “ah, yes.”

Jennifer McCabe previously testified that she and Roberts both removed their shoes when they entered the home on Jan. 29, but Read did not.

Lally played video of the women arriving outside O’Keefe’s home on the morning of Jan. 29.

”Jen and I both had taken our shoes off ... in the garage,” Roberts said. “And Karen just walked in.”

Roberts said O’Keefe had access to his home security footage on his phone.

”Karen did point it out,” McCabe said of the taillight damage. “She said ‘my taillight, look at my taillight.’” Roberts said Read asked her if she thought she hit O’Keefe and Roberts said no but that she might have hit “something.”

Roberts said a piece of the taillight was sticking out and “I thought, ‘somebody’s going to catch their sleeve on that or something.’”

The women saw no sign of O’Keefe in the home, Roberts said.

Lally showed a photo of Read’s right taillight with a substantial portion missing. Roberts said that was the condition of the taillight when she saw it that morning, except that it was also “caked in snow.”

Roberts said Read “really wanted” to go to Fairview Road when the women were driving to O’Keefe’s house. Read said she left O’Keefe at the Waterfall the night before but McCabe told her she saw the two of them leave the bar together, Roberts testified.

”It was bad driving” that morning, with “very poor” visibility, Roberts said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay